How do i cover this airflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightMyFire

Nov 22, 2020
Far as i seen on videos, Geekvape's new RDTA is has no fully adjustable front air flow. Im planning to buy it but i like it when the airflow is closed fully, is there some advice you guys can give me? I plan to use cellophane or a black electrical tape to cover it fully, does it sound safe? or i thought of a glue but it won't be good for my lungs, im pretty confused... Thanks to y'all e-cigarette forum family for your answers!

Screenshot-1.png

Reactions: AngeNZ

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
That’s is the only flaw of this RDTA, I read somewhere from another reviewer, he used gorilla tape to close the airflow. I used my finger to test it and yes it would have been better if it was adjustable.

I’m no expert but the front airflow being so far from the building deck I think it should be safe as I didn’t feel any heat in that area at all.

I do hope Geekvape fix this and release an RDTA with adjustable airflow ring like the pods.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    This is a very sad thing because with a main adjustable airflow this would have made it a must have piece but without it being adjustable it falls very short. I've used scotch tape on smaller device airflow systems but I don't think it will work on this piece. I think the way the airflow is channeled on this RDTA even gorilla tape would be ineffective making the airflow kind of goofy but who knows.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Or just wait for version 2. These manufacturer's often leave out features they know are wanted in order to give them a reason to have a version 2. I'm convinced of that. That's why I'm never an early adopter. I don't like being played like a fiddle.

That said, I wonder if these moldable silicone ear plugs would be a solution? They pull apart like clay and being silicone they should be safer than adhesives on tape and certainly safer than glue. If you can plug the airflow from the inside that would be your best bet. I have been using them to plug up the airflow and juice ports on dual coil RTAs to make them work as single coil RTAs.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Ultra-Soft-Silicone-Ear-Plugs-6-Pair/477576653

lU8Ovlo.jpg

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: Aliraonz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread