Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I’m sorry I know I shouldn’t be vaping if not smoking
It sounds stupid but I just want to try
I’m not addicted to it yet so I guess I will stop now
Thanks everyone
It's your choice period. You've done nothing wrong and don't let a bunch of faceless people dictate what choices they think are right for you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
OP I for one am thinking you just made a really good choice for YOU actually.

Yes, the are the "addict kids." I am sure I would have been among them vaping. DESPERATE to try the next thing in line to change my consciousness which was ABYSMAL. I would have done almost ANYTHING to change how I felt.

That is not vape stores, that is not mechs, that is PURE DESPARATION. If I could have gotten a brain implant to make me normal as I kid I WOULD have. Instead I turned to substances.

I have nothing against them PER SE, but a few habits I picked up were HELL to deal with, and probably have shortened my LIFE. That is not "being cool.'

I don't sit at the cool kid's table any more, taking about what thing I can steal next to get loaded. I do not HAVE to, I am HAPPY. I give new vapers the advice I give ANY new potential addict. It's not all it's cracked up to be and unless you are SUPER lucky and smart enough to pay attention, your probability of dying alone, homeless and miserable are much HIGHER. If not that, you will spend more.... On your addiction and feeding it. There will be less left for your family if you are lucky enough to have one.

So, sorry I'm not a cool kid ANYMORE. I have over 30 years experience of where that led me. What I am is HAPPY and GRATEFUL. I deny vaping to NO one but I will not sugar coat it either.

Finally, I accidentally swallowed a coil. A rather large one. I didn't realize it was l late and in my med box. It exited yesterday. So really, I am the LAST person you should even be considering "cool" right now.

That's okay I remember being oh so cool that mysterious dark angsty stranger to all, friend to none, awful boyfriends chasing me.

It's not COOL. I'd rather poop out ANOTHER coil than rejoin THAT group, so like, do NOT count me among the COOL kids thank you SO MUCH.

Anna

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
OP I for one am thinking you just made a really good choice for YOU actually.

Yes, the are the "addict kids." I am sure I would have been among them vaping. DESPERATE to try the next thing in line to change my consciousness which was ABYSMAL. I would have done almost ANYTHING to change how I felt.

That is not vape stores, that is not mechs, that is PURE DESPARATION. If I could have gotten a brain implant to make me normal as I kid I WOULD have. Instead I turned to substances.

I have nothing against them PER SE, but a few habits I picked up were HELL to deal with, and probably have shortened my LIFE. That is not "being cool.'

I don't sit at the cool kid's table any more, taking about what thing I can steal next to get loaded. I do not HAVE to, I am HAPPY. I give new vapers the advice I give ANY new potential addict. It's not all it's cracked up to be and unless you are SUPER lucky and smart enough to pay attention, your probability of dying alone, homeless and miserable are much HIGHER. If not that, you will spend more.... On your addiction and feeding it. There will be less left for your family if you are lucky enough to have one.

So, sorry I'm not a cool kid ANYMORE. I have over 30 years experience of where that led me. What I am is HAPPY and GRATEFUL. I deny vaping to NO one but I will not sugar coat it either.

Finally, I accidentally swallowed a coil. A rather large one. I didn't realize it was l late and in my med box. It exited yesterday. So really, I am the LAST person you should even be considering "cool" right now.

That's okay I remember being oh so cool that mysterious dark angsty stranger to all, friend to none, awful boyfriends chasing me.

It's not COOL. I'd rather poop out ANOTHER coil than rejoin THAT group, so like, do NOT count me among the COOL kids thank you SO MUCH.

Anna
Damn... I hope it was a coil head, and not a coil....

o_O

Glad your ok.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
.this forum is just outdated

Also, you could um LEAVE this old, post dated forum you know. No one actually suggested you come here. Or stay. I'm sure you could find the "cool" forum. Keep at it with the W stuff though and I WILL report you and perhaps then you could find your "cool, modern all the cool kids forum?"

Anna

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jumpin' In...

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Nope, very robust coil. Sharp.

I'm fine other than a bit resentful that I spent 35 bucks on hemorrhoid treatments I didn't need. But it Felt Just Like That.

No perforated bowl so no complaining. But, I think cool is so far off the table for me now, it is probably in another universe.

Anna

Did you use the coil after it...re appeared???

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It was a coil that came with the Fumytech Rose and my FAVORITE coils (I would buy a bundle if I could find them.) About 0.9 resistance but BIG, I mean thick wire and twisted.

Seriously the more I think about it I am like YOU WERE SO LUCKY. If I had tog get perforated bowl surgery I don't know how I would have COPED.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

Vape1048

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2019
Gulf Coast, TX
To the OP, doing social things with friends is great.... but I gotta agree with what others have said. If you weren't a smoker, then using 0 mg liquid would be the better thing to do. After all, why create a dependency you didn't have? Of course, this is your choice. If you feel like nicotine could be beneficial, then vaping it is a much better option as opposed to smoking it along with the 8,000 other chemicals that get added to it by the FDA and other govt. entities who "care about us so much" (I hope the sarcasm was obvious there).But yeah, a 3-6 mg/ml liquid is probably where you need to be at. They do have nic salts at those levels, in addition to typical freebase.

However, there are benefits to using 0 mg nic... look at it this way. Maybe you just like to vape- I certainly do! As well as most of us do! But even I, having been a smoker from the age of 14 to nearly 30, own 0 mg nic liquids. Why? For blowing big clouds, that's why! Sometimes I just want to have fun with it, so I have one vape loaded with my standard 6 mg/ml fluid, and another loaded up with low flavor, 0 mg/ml cloud fluid. So if you get to where you want to move beyond pods and go for standard regulated, then rebuildables, you'll be able to have one up on your friends by being able to blow bigger clouds than them. Maybe learn some tricks even. I suck at tricks, but you might not!

Anyway, just some ideas.... I'm not gonna tell you what to do, and I had no intention of being negative and telling you to give up vaping just cause the standard consensus is that non-smokers shouldn't vape.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Us ex-smokers surely had an experience that (should have) taught us to respect nicotine, and yet still end up repeating the experience at least once when we switch to vape.

If you want some nicotine throat hit with less actual nic, free base nic is better for that, or of course strong salts are great if you're addicted to smokes and have a weak throat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread