The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How is vaping in public recieved in your country/area?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Kotton, Jan 26, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Reid3131A

Reid3131A Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 5, 2017
    HI I'm in Canada and I see people vaping all the time in public

• Like Like x 2
  2. AkiraFZ

AkiraFZ Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2016
    Tokyo, Japan
    Good to know that. Couple of Canadian told us in this thread about banning some flavors and Nic liquid. How about your place, you have no problem purchasing any juices?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I read a post about a Canadian commenting on long wait for vape gear to go through customs. Was wondering if was an isolated instance or a normal occurrence.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Videonut

Videonut Full Member Verified Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Canada
    In Canada there is a bill S5 going through readings and changes. As I understand it and according to Health Canada flavours and nicotine won't be banned. However flavours will need to labeled as not to entice children to vape. So names of candies and things like butterscotch and deserts will need relabeling.
    Health Canada sees vaping as harm reduction, mentioned on regulator watch .com, so that is good but there is a clause to do with "no comparison" which means that you can't promote vaping as less harmful. So essentially even HC couldn't say less harmful in there own documents.
    The vapers lobby is pushing to have this removed from the bill along with some other points of contension.

btw, regulatorwatch has some good interviews with vapers groups and government officials

• Like Like x 5
  5. NoobJens007

NoobJens007 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2016
    In Denmark there is the TPD, which is annoying, but vaping has really grown lately. Many nonsmokers dont fully understand it as a healthier alternative yet though.

• Like Like x 5
  6. AkiraFZ

Nov 23, 2016
    Tokyo, Japan
    It sounds acceptable to me. Thank you for sharpening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 2
  7. AkiraFZ

Nov 23, 2016
    Tokyo, Japan
    Same here. Non smokers don't know the difference between vapor and smoke. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 3
  8. NoobJens007

NoobJens007 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2016
    My pleasure. I think there is much hope that there will be less bs about dangers of vaping in the future. Maybe we can even hope some regulations will be pulled. Id like to be able to buy nicotine liquid beyond 10 ml bottles again. Not to mention the 2 ml max tanks.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Philabos

Philabos Senior Member

Aug 9, 2017
    I will be traveling to Denmark soon. Glad to hear vaping is ok. Is there an issue with bringing juice that may contain nicotine into the country for personal use. I will only be there one day, but that doesn't matter. Thanks for any advice.

• Like Like x 2
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Philabos

Philabos Senior Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Thanks Anna, very informative link.
    Looks ok.

• Like Like x 3
  12. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Full Member

This year I've really noticed it picking up speed, new vape shops popping up now that it can be imported, I think you had to order it online up until last year. And where you usually see smokers, you'll see clouds swirling around instead, now I really notice how many vaping people there are.

I don't know if it's society accepted yet, but most of the people I've talked too think it's great that smokers are throwing it in for vape, I haven't come across any negativity over it yet.

I think there is some import issues on nicotine already mixed, I'd have to find that out. Think they mix in the shops it can't come in pre mixed, but not 100%. That will change though no doubt, us Kiwi's are spoilt buggers hidden away down here, and when we moan and do protest marches things change pretty quickly!!

• Like Like x 3
  13. AkiraFZ

Nov 23, 2016
    Tokyo, Japan
    I can see good atmosphere you have in New Zealand. I have been to New Zealand but that was like twenty years ago when there are no vape things around.:)

Thank you for sharing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. AkiraFZ

Nov 23, 2016
    Tokyo, Japan
    Oh, this is a good site to tell what is happening in many countries! Since they have done that there I guess I don't have to summarize the info here.:D

• Like Like x 3
  15. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    IDK, it's a useful guide but it is from 2016... I'm sure folks will have more to add and I do like that this thread is Still going, it's been pretty useful in its own right. :)

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  16. mattiem

mattiem ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

If I am not mistaken NZ had or were warming up to adding some pretty strict vape laws until the 'powers that be' there saw the movie "A Billion Lives". Fortunately the New Zealand leaders seem to care more for the public's health than some other countries do and chose to do the right thing.

• Like Like x 5
  17. pwmeek

pwmeek Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 8, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Another Michigan vaper. Not much interference from the state, but local laws and regs are the usual silliness.
    City (Ann Arbor): no vaping on any city-owned property, including public parks.
    County (Washtenaw): no vaping anywhere smoking is banned.

Nonetheless, I stealth vape almost anywhere. I carry a small towel (about the size of a large washcloth) and grab a fold to exhale through; no visible vapor. I do vape strong, but totally unflavored juice (65 mg/ml, 68/32 PG/VG) so with the short puffs I take there isn't a whole lot of vapor to absorb. No one ever notices moving the rig to the mouth, but a moving stream of vapor would catch eyes from 50 or 100 feet away.

• Like Like x 3
  18. coldgin96

coldgin96 MADE IN U.S.A. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Like the idea about the cloth. We've exhaled into our shirts when we thought we had too. Sucks about Washtenaw and Ann Arbor. Shouldn't be surprised, "you know what" has been de-facto legal in the City of Ann Arbor for decades. You know how that goes...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Qaay

Qaay Full Member Verified Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Poland
    In Poland vaping in public is prohibited just like smoking... you may pay up to 500zł(about 150usd) for vaping in public. However... If you are not blowing in people faces or you are not placing a smoke screen - no one will bother you. So... just a common sense.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Necrospecter

Necrospecter My Precious Verified Member

Supporting member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    No way in hell I would live in AZ I live in Texas and it is too damn hot here, at any rate, I do not go out that much when I do I do not see many Vapers but that I think is due to the fact that when I do go out it is normally around 2am and there are not many people out. There was one night I went to Wally World and after a stressful shopping trip I sat in the parking lot in my car Vaping I managed to cloud up my car and had blue flashy lights pop on behind me and a knock on my window I get "oh okay well that is the first time I have been hit with a cloud that smelled like apples and not weed" Here in Fort Worth it seems you can not really vape in public at least the places I go, I am not too clear on where you can and can not since again I don't really go anywhere I do find it funny that I can carry my gun more places than I can vape and even funnier to me as of September 1 I can carry a Sword (I really love Texas)

• Like Like x 2