How is vaping in public recieved in your country/area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I was out with my newly acquired brothers & sister the other day (long story).

My sister vapes, one brother smokes & the other has pretty much given up.

After my youngest brother & sister had got their trains home (they live a considerable distance from London), the smoker brother & I went to a bar for the evening The Crobar – Bourbon, Beer & Rock Bar in Soho, London. Each time he went out for a smoke, I joined him for a vape. I had my newest pipe with me (this one, but now sporting a nautilus mesh tank)
img_2410-jpg.657323

I've never had so many compliments about my choice of vape. Even got asked if I'd mind having it's photo taken.

Also being my first time in central London for a while I kept my eye open for other vapers. There were literally hundreds of them. Outside pubs, outside coffee shops, outside stations, just walking down the road, everywhere!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I was out with my newly acquired brothers & sister the other day (long story).

My sister vapes, one brother smokes & the other has pretty much given up.

After my youngest brother & sister had got their trains home (they live a considerable distance from London), the smoker brother & I went to a bar for the evening The Crobar – Bourbon, Beer & Rock Bar in Soho, London. Each time he went out for a smoke, I joined him for a vape. I had my newest pipe with me (this one, but now sporting a Nautilus mesh tank)
img_2410-jpg.657323

I've never had so many compliments about my choice of vape. Even got asked if I'd mind having it's photo taken.
The pipe is VERY nice. But, what really caught my attention is this:
Sludge Van Diesel said:
Also being my first time in central London for a while I kept my eye open for other vapers. There were literally hundreds of them. Outside pubs, outside coffee shops, outside stations, just walking down the road, everywhere!
That is really, really nice! Hopefully a preview of times to come EVERYWHERE!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm always vaping at 10W on a Kayfun with 60pg to 70pg juice. In public hardly anyone notices unless I'm outside and not particularly concerned about hiding the vapor. It's really easy to be inconspicuous at 10W if you blow the vapor downward.

Most people know what vaping is, even if they don't understand what's in it or how it works. The more publicity we get from medical and scientific testing the better off we will be.

I still like to mention that "it's in your makeup and your toothpaste, your pies, cakes, some candies, and your Coca-Cola, among hundreds of other things we eat and rub on our skin" when people start to say it's bad for me. Their eyebrows rise a little as that sinks in.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What a great device and a fantastic story! I would love to be in an environment where I saw more vapers than smokers, and that people were enjoying themselves. That's great thank you so much for sharing it! :) I occasionally get asked vaping questions from smokers, but the overall percentage of vapers (especially not dual use vapers) is low in the US, compared to smokers.

Anna

Reactions: QcVaper

Samuel LAW

Aug 16, 2017
Thank you for sharing your environment.
Shanghai is one of the biggest cities in China, am I right? The government fine the restaurants for letting someone smoke? not the person who smoked?
So you can not smoke in any restaurants in Shanghai? What about other public areas such as bars, parks, and sidewalks?
the government fine the restaurant as well as the smoker, but the penalty is much high for the restaurants. currently smoking is not allowed indoor areas mainly. Shanghai in some way like Tokyo, big, but as a normal citizen, we just lived in part of the city, will not go far, especially these years, the e-commercial developed so fast, we mainly shop online, the delivery service is much fast and convenient. I order one e-cig online, normally it will be delivered second day.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
the government fine the restaurant as well as the smoker, but the penalty is much high for the restaurants. currently smoking is not allowed indoor areas mainly. Shanghai in some way like Tokyo, big, but as a normal citizen, we just lived in part of the city, will not go far, especially these years, the e-commercial developed so fast, we mainly shop online, the delivery service is much fast and convenient. I order one e-cig online, normally it will be delivered second day.
That is good. It is fast to deliver. It takes about two weeks to deliver when I order online to China. Sometimes it is quicker to arrive from USA.:)

China's domestic delivery sounds fantastic, also. Korea's domestic delivery is sort of super speed and cheap, KRW2500 per pack and next day delivery.
I order many minor things at Aliexpress or Fastech, they take about 45 days to reach me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread