Law Enforcement Encounters

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejeff

Feb 3, 2013
Virginia, United States
I've read some real horror stories about police encounters on ECF, and would like to get some community perspective on the matter. The question is this: what is a run-of-the-mill police encounter when vaping in public? And, by extension, how do the police in your area affect your ability to vape in public?

I'm fortunate to live in Fauquier County, VA, and spend most of my free time in the town of Warrenton. Both have great police forces, and the strongest reaction I get from police is, "What is that thing?"

"It's a nicotine vaporizer."

"Did it help you quit?"

And I use a Tesla... when I read stories about people getting interrogated about their eGo battery or cig-alike, I feel very lucky indeed. So, what's YOUR story?

thejaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2013
La Jolla, CA
www.nudenicotine.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No Drug talk

Kidnapped

Verified Member
The closest thing to a LE encounter that I've run into was while vaping at a pizza place where a lot of cops eat. One came over and started asking me how well it worked; since, he was a smoker who wanted to be able to get his fix when he needed it, too... (Also, his wife had had numerous unsuccessful attempts at quitting.) We had a nice conversation; and, I referred him to my favorite vape shop, that has a tasting room... However, I live in an area where fewer folks are brainwashed into thinking that "political correctness," "nanny states," and "sheeple" are anything other than something to be viewed with contempt...

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I live an area called Beechview just on the outskirts of Pittsburgh not the most progressive place on earth, and I have had an encounter or two with the men in blue while vaping.

I'm walking home one day from the store, milk in one hand my OMG VV in the other, when a cop car flashes its lights and the cop driving tells me to stop. Well ofcourse I do and the cop gets out wondering what's in the vapor plumes I'm making from this strange device. I do some explaining, let him get a whiff of said "plume" and give him one of my V4L cards so he can see that I'm not some bold druggie or too zonked to know drugs on the street in daylight is a bad idea. He relaxed and let me on my way and just warned me that I might get stoped again if just because of how strange it looks.

All in all it was not a bad encounter and the cop was mostly curious more then suspicious. I expected it too happen at some point since I live close enough to schools to have crossing guards on my block. Just being respectful and upfront about it can go long way in situations like these. Take it from a guy who was also stopped once with a giant bag filled with swords and five minutes later was on his way swords still in his possession.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
A few days ago I stopped at a convenience store for a coffee on my way to work. Outside were 5 County Sheriffs on motorcycles that had stopped for a break... they were hanging around outside, some of them having a quick cig. As I got back in my car and was getting ready to pull away, I hit my MVP and blew a large cloud without thinking. None of them even raised an eyebrow.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Up until the end of January, I was working on the TX/MX border and was around nothing but LEOs. The Sheriff of the county we were in knew I had smoked and then, when I switched didn't see any issues or ask questions other than "What is that thing?"

Just before I left there, I got the vamo. Sheriff came in and saw that.. looked questioning.. I told him it was the latest ASP baton with built in taser and smoke screen.. and took a vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread