How Long After You Began Vaping Did You Stop Using Analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much quit as soon as my first battery was charged up. It took a few days to adjust, and I had some withdrawal symptoms. But the funny thing is, I never saw a cigarette as being able to end the withdrawal. It was basically like having a cold. On the 8th day after I quit, I had a few problems with my ecig - it lost all flavor and felt like I was inhaling steam. So I tried a real one from my last pack, and it was horrible. Not only did it taste bad and smell bad, but it didn't feel right. It was too light in my hand and I didn't hear the rush of air into the atomizer as I inhaled. Needless to say, I didn't make it through the whole thing. But for some reason, part of me wants one today. Not a big part. I mean, I want one...I don't WANT!!!!! one. And I know that as soon as I lit one up I'd think, "I don't want this".

xMarlboroMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
For me it was like a week after I started vaping; maybe less (3 or 4 days seems closer). I was smoke free for 4 days, then got a major head cold and went back to analogs because I couldn't taste anything but those.... yuck! Went back to ecigs a week later and haven't looked back since :D. That was about 3 weeks ago!

L8r, x

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
I stopped smoking analog cigs about 2 days after vaping. I still however enjoy a nice cigar about once every 2 weeks (but far less often than I used to). But lets face it, I smoke cigars for the flavor, not the high. And I still do like the taste of cigs/cigars, but I hate the lingering smell it leaves behind on my clothes and fingers.

Plus I love the fact that I can vape inside while watching my basket ball games on TV or while playing video games, instead of having to stand out in the cold for my fix :)

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
I did not buy the e-cig to stop smoking but to use as an alternitive when I could not smoke analogues.

From the day it arrived 14th Oct 08 I went down to 3 cigs a day.

It then dwindled to 1 or 2 a day over the following weeks.

Beginning of Dec 08 I stopped smoking.

Every one who knows me was shocked and I can tell you No one was more surprised than Me.

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
I left half a pack of analogs at the pub with Katy (smoklessshop) when I met her and picked up my first 901. Haven't even touched an analog since. I have spent a small fortune on e-cigs but some of that is paranoia that they will be banned. I would not go back (I think). Answer is... the moment I got my fully charged 901.

Heed

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Dasein
Same day for me.

Well, I went for four days e-smoking only and then smoked some remaining analogs for a few days, but that was because I ran out of carts that came with the starter kit and was waiting for e-liquid to arrive. I knew then that vaping would be a complete substitute for analogs for me.

I don't count those smokes since I didn't want them or crave them at all. They just happened to be the only nic source I had for a few days.

Last edited:

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
I stopped analogs 100% the day I got my 901.

I only had 2 batteries to start with, and at one point they were both dead, so I had 4 drags of a Camel Light that I had laying around. It was disgusting and I didn't finish it, so I don't count that one :)

I like vaping WAY more than I thought I would and I like it WAY more than I ever liked analogs.

e-cigs FTW!!!! always

-Cal

4myhealth

Mar 11, 2009
Colorado - USA
WOW, what an inspiration you have all been thus far. I hope this thread will continue with more stories as I need the motivation to quit the analogs! My 901 should be here on Saturday, right about the time that I run out of my Marlboro's.

Congratulations to you all - you all should feel very PROUD of your individual accomplishments (as I'm sure you do)!:)

Keep up the awesome success and keep those stories coming! I'm inspired and I'm sure other newbies are as well :D

vapor_addict

Mar 5, 2009
I am still amazed, no analogs since the first puff of an ecig 9 days ago. Even more amazing, the desire to smoke an analog has not even crossed my mind.

The only disappointment is supply, especially here in Canada. Lots of small-time operators and crappy customer service. I have placed some orders with some US sites and am not finding the service to be that much better. Most suppliers have back orders but will take your money anyway and make you wait it out. Scary thing is that I am running out of juice and am looking for somewhere to order with quick turn around. BTW, it didn't take me long to realize that carts are a waste of time and money, if you don't use the juice e-cigs will cost much more the analogs, especially if you factor in cost of spare atomizers, batteries, etc....Most sites say that a cart is equal to 10-20 cigs, my experience has been more like two or three (when I first go my ecig I was going through carts like poop through a goose!).

I would appreciate anyone who has recommendations on good, reliable juice suppliers with good inventory.

4myhealth

Mar 11, 2009
Colorado - USA
Vapor, while I do not know who the best vendors are in the US that have a huge supply of stock, I DO believe it is still ILLEGAL for ANY company in the US to charge a credit card or remove funds from any type of account before the item is actually shipped. You may want to directly question the source you have ordered from as to why/how they are processing payments prior to shipping the goods....

On a side note, loved your analogy - (when I first got my ecig I was going through carts like poop through a goose!). :lol:

J W in Texas

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Arlington, TX
Like some others have stated I wasn't planning on quitting either. I was curious and just wanted to try this alternative. I went from 2 1/2 packs full flavor a day to 3-4 the very next day. After a couple of days I was having 1-3 a day. One morning I was having my morning wake up with coffee cig and thought to myself, "This is stupid and tastes like crap". I grabbed my ecig and that was that. My wife just couldn't believe it. Nobody was more surprised more than me. Never thought I'd quit. When I told friends that I'd quit they were like, "Yeah, sure..." they'd heard it before. After a few more days, they couldn't believe the difference. Some of them had the attitude that it was like a toy and didn't take it seriously. Separately however, not in the group, they started coming to me asking how they could get one too.

Coffee Addict

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2009
Houston, Tx.
It took me about 2 weeks to completely stop. When mine first arrived I "needed" about 3 a day...one in the morning, one in the early night and one before I went to bed.
Then about 3 days later it was just my morning one.
Started noticing how "bad" the smokers at work smelled after they went out for break.
That was it......cleaned my clothes,my car and anything elsethat smelledlike smoke and was done with cigarettes.

I was a 2 pack a day for 30 years smoker,now haven't had one in months and don'tsee myself going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread