How Long Did It Take You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New vaper here, been off analogs for a week and two days...but who's counting? ;)

I was puffing on my 901 and thinking how much I like vaping, but wondering "could it be better?" And obviously you long time vapers have made a hobby out of modding and enhancing just about everything in your quest for sublime vaping.

So I was curious...how long did it take you to find your Holy Grail of Vapitude? Or have you?

CSR

Aug 24, 2010
Southern California
I started with the e cigs April 1, 2010.
Went back and forth with several devices but the grand daddy still is the Tornado/Ego with a lo resistance atty.
mix that with some real good juice- like Blue juice vaping(caramel tobacco or cafe caramel) or tasty Vapor(cafe macchiato) and you'll never look back.
oh ya - try dripping - way more flavor AND vapor.
the lo res attys are a little tricky - try using 3-5 drops at a time and add as soon as the flavor starts to die (half dozen hits or so)

Silkies70

Aug 20, 2010
Gridley, Il
New vaper here, been off analogs for a week and two days...but who's counting? ;)

I was puffing on my 901 and thinking how much I like vaping, but wondering "could it be better?" And obviously you long time vapers have made a hobby out of modding and enhancing just about everything in your quest for sublime vaping.

So I was curious...how long did it take you to find your Holy Grail of Vapitude? Or have you?

I'll say it was 3 days and I was fully off analogs. I had to use my pack up first,(no sense in wasting money) Been vaping for over a month. Eventually you will see the savings, but if you are like me, you'll have to exeriment with new ecigs until you find "the one". I'm hooked on vaping now and I haven't looked back. Too bad for the big tabacco companies!:evil:

smitti1

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2010
USA
I knew in 5 min of vaping, I'd never smoke again. It's been 9 days & haven't even been tempted... not even the open pack w/2 cig still in the pack laying right in front of my keyboard. Haven't even been tempted. Vaping is the only thing to get me off of them. Yea!!! Think I'll light up one of those cigs later this week just to see how awful it tastes. : )

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I knew in 5 min of vaping, I'd never smoke again. It's been 9 days & haven't even been tempted... not even the open pack w/2 cig still in the pack laying right in front of my keyboard. Haven't even been tempted. Vaping is the only thing to get me off of them. Yea!!! Think I'll light up one of those cigs later this week just to see how awful it tastes. : )

Been there, done that. I think you'll wonder how you smoked for so long. I couldn't even finish one without wondering why I ever started on those nasty things. I have seen a couple of threads where that little experiment went awry and got someone back on them though, so you might want to reconsider it first.

Chelseafn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Michigan
Started with an EGO. Didnt like it to much. didnt feel or remind me of a cig. Bought a KR808 and that did the trick. Sold the EGO and got a GLV-2 5v. Using my 808 and GLV works very well together. Need something with some kick in the morning. Now I have a little Chuck 3.7v. I am loving this thing. Using LR 510 cartomizers and it hits like my 5v. But with less kick. Perfect! Im waiting on my Saber Touch 5v and 3.7/6v devices. Ordered these to see if I like them better. We will see. Besides you can never have to many devices!!! Think Im really going to like the Saber Touch 3.7 with an 18650 battery. I shouldnt have to charge them for a couple of days. Just grab it and run!

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
Been there, done that. I think you'll wonder how you smoked for so long. I couldn't even finish one without wondering why I ever started on those nasty things. I have seen a couple of threads where that little experiment went awry and got someone back on them though, so you might want to reconsider it first.

i have one cigarette left and have thought about trying it but don't want to for that reason. i've made it over a week now and don't want to start over. i've found that i don't like the way cigarettes smell now so hopefully it wouldn't be a problem.

i might try it one of these days. i'll just have to wait and see.

elpresidente

Mar 28, 2009
I was able to stop analogs for a good three months last year. I did suppliment the vaping with snus to help with the bioavailability difference. Analogs only take 7 minutes for the nicotine to process through the lungs, bloodstream and cross the blood brain barrier.

Unfortunately I gave my 901 to a friend and the vape I had left didn't vape too well so I went back to analogs. Just received a Riva from the vapor room and looking forward to quitting analogs again.

Lesson learned: Never give your best vape away.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Hey 9 Days after after being a smoker is a great accomplishment. Excellent job Serpentine and Strigoi, the first 2 weeks are tough! I admit that I had a cig after day 5 just to see what it taste like.....it wasn't good.

Initially everything was great, like hooking up with an old girlfriend, the feel of holding it, tasting it as it sat between my lips, the joy of hearing and feeling that flint roller firing up my lighter, even the taste of unlit tobacco was great.

Then I lit it, took a nice long drag and exhaled....I could taste chemicals I had never tasted before, felt a heaviness in my chest as mouth was filled the taste of licking an ashtray the cat ...... in. That was enough for me, tapped the cig out in the ashtray..I was done. Gave the rest of that pack to my neighbor and never looked back.

2 weeks ago gave the very same neighbor a batt and 2 cartos. He just ordered his first kit a couple of days ago and it should arrive tomorrow or Friday.

I'm over a month now and can smell cig smoke from across a parking lot, in traffic and on other people now. Any last cravings are long gone but the real test is coming soon, a smoking relative is coming up in a couple of days so we'll how that goes.

Anyways, congrats to both of you!

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Ya know, I'm one of the lucky few who got it pretty close to right the first time.

I got to try out a couple PV's that my friends had before I went hunting for my own (an M401 (EVO) and a Blu), so I already had a couple experiences to draw on. The EVO I found to be ok, but the Blu I didn't like. And I eventually realized, after finding this community, that what I needed was a little more power.

I tossed up between the 510 and the KR8, and went with the KR8. That was the right choice for me.

I have since tried 901 LR's (not a huge fan), 510's (meh), and regular 901's (again, meh).

I could see myself getting a PT for sheer convinience. Maybe a 3.7v mod someday for battery life. Maybe.

But honestly, with a PCC, I don't have issues with the KR8 battery life.

I'm not a huge fan of higher voltage.

I'm not a huge fan of atties.

I like 3.7v, with cartos and a nice 90/10 PG/VG juice. Simple.

So, I got lucky. I got it right the first time.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
I went back and forth with analogs, until I found some juice that I really liked. Then I relapsed when I ran out, because it was too expensive. Now, I bought some excellent liquid from freedomsmokeUSA for a great price, and now I don't have to go back to analogs.

As for "upgrading" to a different device, I started with an RN4072 pen style e-cig (still use it daily) and then bought a DSE-905 "screwdriver" (no button on the bottom). The DSE-901 atomizer isn't my favorite, but I bet with a nice RN4075 atty, I will be satisfied.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Hey 9 Days after after being a smoker is a great accomplishment. Excellent job Serpentine and Strigoi, the first 2 weeks are tough! I admit that I had a cig after day 5 just to see what it taste like.....it wasn't good.

Initially everything was great, like hooking up with an old girlfriend, the feel of holding it, tasting it as it sat between my lips, the joy of hearing and feeling that flint roller firing up my lighter, even the taste of unlit tobacco was great.

Then I lit it, took a nice long drag and exhaled....I could taste chemicals I had never tasted before, felt a heaviness in my chest as mouth was filled the taste of licking an ashtray the cat ...... in. That was enough for me, tapped the cig out in the ashtray..I was done. Gave the rest of that pack to my neighbor and never looked back.

2 weeks ago gave the very same neighbor a batt and 2 cartos. He just ordered his first kit a couple of days ago and it should arrive tomorrow or Friday.

I'm over a month now and can smell cig smoke from across a parking lot, in traffic and on other people now. Any last cravings are long gone but the real test is coming soon, a smoking relative is coming up in a couple of days so we'll how that goes.

Anyways, congrats to both of you!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Response to post #1: I don't think I have yet found the perfect vape. It may not exist. I've spent a ton of money, bought a half dozen PVs, including a couple mods, and I'm in it to my knees in DIY juice mixing. I guess it depends on what you mean by, "holy grail".

I doubt it will ever be as simple as flicking your Bic and burning a tube of tobacco leaves. But, I've been a non-smoker since the day my first PV was delivered, seven months ago, after smoking an average of a carton per week for 35 years. With that in mind, I wouldn't care too much if it cost me twice as much as smoking.

I do feel, however, that people who don't like to fiddle, who don't like gadgets, who want a PV that "looks just like a cigarette", are at a big disadvantage in this thing called vaping.

The fact that vaping caused me to quit smoking with almost no effort, is kinda like a 'holy grail' for those like me. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread