How Long After You Began Vaping Did You Stop Using Analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
I have been smoking both for about 3 or 4 weeks now. I first bought in a big hurry as I was flying out of the country. I didn't have enough carts and no liquid to re-fill so I only used my e-cig on the flights and in airports. I'm home now and ordered some juice to re-fill my carts, I'm going to order a 901 soon, once I'm all set with no chance of running out - I'll stop the analogs, but for now I must have something.
I have gone down from 20 a day analogs to around 10, while vaping only a little as I have 2 carts left....
juice is in the mail! LOL

CrystalLakeDave

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Carbondale PA
I see alot of the little tickers on the bottom of peoples' posts that show their success. I was just wondering, how long after you started using your e-cig did you COMPLETELY give up the analogs? Was it days, weeks, or did you never pick up another analog after your first vaping session?

Just curious.....Thanks!

I have been vaping for about 2 weeks now, but I have also been having analogs. I smoked about 30-40 analogs and now I only have a few a day. I still like the analogs every now and then, but I am slowly moving over to vapor. No real rush and I feel better already.

bleck

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Sandy, UT
I quit smoking analogs cold turkey about 2 months ago... had to as my wisdom teeth were pulled and I have heard horror stories about dry socket. As time progressed I felt that whole "go to the gas station and buy some smokes" feeling in the middle of the night (i am at work until midnight). About 3 weeks ago I ordered a 901 and am loving it. Don't see a need for analogs as long as these things stay legal :)

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
I've always been amazed at just how many people stopped analogues on their first e-cig and wish it could have been the same for me.

I've been on e-cigs for two months now. I was a 40-60 a day smoker (sometimes even more during highly stressful days). I was amazed to find that the next day I started on e-cigs, I had only 20 analogues. Within a week, I was down to 12-15 a day. I'm now down to about 5 a day, having automatically slowed down on analogues as time went by without noticing it.

Maybe analogues don't taste as awful to me as they do to others as I smoked extremely mild light analogues that really had no taste at all, compared to others.

I don't actually know why I'm still picking up analogues as they don't really do anything for me. I prefer vaping, especially with all the lovely flavoured liquids one can get.

As I was smoking 0.1 nic analogues, I was scared of any liquid higher than 0 or 6 mg. So I got 0 and 11 mg liquids and cut the 11 mg to 6 mg with glycerine. It was only when I started getting 16 and 18 mg nic liquids, that my consumption of analogues began to visibly reduce.

I don't feel any "hit" from nicotine, so I can't really tell the difference between 0 and 18 mg - so I still don't know why it made a difference to me. Maybe because I don't really inhale either analogues or e-cigs. Or maybe some of the liquids taste stronger in the higher nic level, or even in different models of e-cig.

Hmmm... is it just me or does it seem that it was easier for Menthol smokers to do it faster? Maybe the menthol smokers just get a closer simulation to the real thing with the e-cig?

Got mine Jan 13. Had analogs 1st thing in the morn and after a meal for the first 2 or 3 days. Then stopped.

After that I smoked analogs only when I had to for work for 2 weeks without inhaling them (maybe 6 analogs over 2 weeks) and ONE because I woke up and FORGOT I quit and lit it... but when I tasted it.. I remembered I had quit.

Have not had an analog since 2/2/09

My advice? Don't just try... DO it! If yuo must have analogs as backup.. leave them in the car! Do not make them easily accessible.. you will vape instead and find the craving for an analog going away. I know of a few people here who tried vaping and when they had a problem with their device... they went back to analogs and ot was TWICE as hard to switch when they got a working e-cig. Get all the extra parts and do it right the first time! Go with reliable.. get a 901 and extra atomizer and make it happen!!!

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
It's not a craving that I feel when I pick up an analogue, I don't know what it is. But to tell the truth, I don't care if I'm still using them as I'm getting there, even if slower than others, and my usage of analogues keeps reducing.

I've got 4 models of e-cigs, including a 901, and enough parts for all of them and liquids to last me a few months :D

If quitting analogues is the aim of some people in using e-cigs, I don't think it matters how long it takes as long as one eventually gets there :)

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
I see alot of the little tickers on the bottom of peoples' posts that show their success. I was just wondering, how long after you started using your e-cig did you COMPLETELY give up the analogs? Was it days, weeks, or did you never pick up another analog after your first vaping session?

Just curious.....Thanks!

I got mine on xmas eve. Went 4 days having the odd one, when i got up, with that first beer of the night, after eating. Then i stopped totally for a few days. I had a few analogs left in the car. I smoked them all on new years day while out driving just to get rid of them. Went 4 weeks without one. Ran out of juice due to cash flow problems. Went back on the analogs for a week. Been off them ever since.

If i was to run out supplies again i can't say what i'd do. First i would try some 0nic mix with VG and flavorings.

Edit - guess i should of stated i was 30 years of 20 - 30 aday.

Last edited:

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
Congratulations to you all - you all should feel very PROUD of your individual accomplishments (as I'm sure you do)!:)

Not so much proud as baffled and in some perverse way cheated. I hadn't planned on giving up analogs and it's supposed to be *hard*, but I seem to have done it completely by accident.

shadow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2009
Birmingham UK
My 1st e cig was a Janty Dura and while i was using that i still smoked about 5 analogs a day then the battery failed and i went back on analogs, while i was waiting for a replacement (3 weeks) i bought a screwdriver and have not touched an analog since the day it arrived, this thing outperforms everything !:thumb:

Demonbane

Mar 5, 2009
Durham, NC
Like some have said already in this thread, the day I ran out of what I had left.

It took about a week from when I got my 901 to get over the morning smoke, and the one before bed. I think its was mostly the habit of going outside on the porch though. I got lazy the day I ran out of cigs. I decided not to go out and get more, and just vape.

Hanging out with the smokers at work was hard for about a week, but I just killed my cravings with some 36mg liquid and things have been fine ever since.

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
The day I ran out of analogs was the same day I started with e-cig. I havn't smoked an analog since (Jan. 17). I probably would have if I had any but I don't and will not buy any more.

I'm in the same boat as Houdini, except there are still 6+ cartons of analogs in the house and I still haven't had the desire, yet?

getsetgo

Mar 10, 2009
I stopped analogs on No Smoking Day here in the UK which was Tuesday, my Janty is getting lots of use and has really helped me to give up the analogs.

My Janty has battery issues, not lasting very long at all, about 1/2 an hour in total and then it dies, have emailed the European Site but still waiting for a reply.

Ordered myself a Screwdriver on Wednesday so got my eye on the mail this morning hoping its going to arrive.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread