Status
Not open for further replies.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
The hardest part for me was/is figuring out how to match what I smoked. That is how to match up puffs of vapor vs drags on an analog. And then the whole issue of nicotine strength in the juice. And how often to puff.

The one thing that doesn't seem to get mentioned often is what an earlier poster in this thread mentioned, the sequence of smoking. Opening the pack, lighting the thing, smoking it and finally putting it out when done. There is a very definite beginning, middle and end. I don't get that mental 'done now' feeling because there isn't any end with vaping. You just pick it up and take a puff. Or should I take 2, or 3, or 10 spacing each out by about 20 seconds to make it like the 10-ish puffs to an analog?

Is it just me or have other people felt that missing end of the sequence thing when they tarted vaping? If so, what did you do? Or do you just get over it with time?

vaping is definitely not smoking without the tar. But its closer than being without (cold turkey or gum or patch) than anything else I've tried.

I got my first kit Friday. I ordered one with 2 atomizers and 2 batteries and charger (and 10 high pre-filled carts) then also ordered a second kit with 1 atomizer and 2 batteries (and the more standard 5 carts in a mix of strengths) from another company because by then I realized I should have gotten other things like a USB passthru and some juices too which I did order ;)

Did a mix of analog and vaping to get used to it, i.e. how to drag to get vapor, how long a battery lasts, etc on the weekend. Monday had a few analog, Tuesday had 3, morning and after lunch and supper. Didn't feel a need for that morning or after lunch analog today, things are going well.

tpajames

Apr 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
I am happy to say that after about 4 full days of vaping, I tried to smoke a regular cig and I felt like I could taste almost every chemical in it. The vaping was such a clean hit that I now prefer it to analog cigs. Interesting since I am not even trying to quit, just wanted something less expensive to supplement my habit. BTW, have been smoking since I was 14, now 46. Can't believe this.

Toni22

Jan 15, 2010
Ohio
I've had mu e cig for a couple of months now, and I'm still smioking around 3-5 analogs per day....it's been harder on me that I had hoped, but it's still way better than a pack a day. I just ordered a bunch of different flavors of juice from DIY Flavor Shack yesterday, trying out some different flavors because now all I have a cappucino and RY4 from Revolver....don't care too much for their juices and I upped the nic level.....I started on low-med because I have been smoking lights. I'm hoping that the high nic level will allow me to stop analogs altogether though....well, that and a hefty dose of more willpower.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
While we're on the subject ... how often a day do you fill up the filter with new liquid and how often do you change filters?
Well several times a day with a 510 - I cant vape the same flavor all the time :)
But I dont use filler these days - I drip - so I dont have to worry about that whole filler cleaning thing and switching flavors is easy :D

targetdirect

Apr 1, 2010
NW Fla.
My personal experience thus far is that I had bought a convenience store model, a super mini I guess it is. It came with 10 pre-filled cartridges. That thing didn't produce enough vapor and seemingly not enough nicotine to do any good for me. I bought it about 3 weeks ago and it didn't help me cut analogs at all. Well maybe I reduced by just two or three, but as a pack to a pack and a half smoker that was just no good. I toked on it several times a day but it just didn't cut it.

I had about concluded that ecigs were just another false hope like patches.

But about a week after I had gotten that first cheapo kit, an old friend who I hadn't spoken to in 5 years contacted me. We were chatting on the phone over a couple of days and then he mentioned that he heard a radio ad for ecigs. The company was offering a free trial. He called that company and another and they were putting the hard sell on him. He didn't have computer/internet access so he asked me to do a little online research, which is what led me to this forum. I begin to read up. I got edumacated fast. I watched Youtubes, etc. I told him not to get the free samples based on what I learned here.

That research also had me interested in trying something new so I eventually ended up getting a Joye 510 kit with PCC from Cignot. I ordered it last Friday and got it in the mail Monday afternoon. I immediately LOVED IT! I had three flavors of juice in addition to the pre-filled carts that came with the kit.

So the next day (Tues of this week) I only smoked about 7 or 8 analogs.

Then, yesterday (Wed) I had ZERO analogs and so far none today either!

targetdirect

Apr 1, 2010
NW Fla.
Sorry to go on... but I'm actually pretty damned stoked about this.

Like others have stated, if you have an urge, just vape it away! My problem is that my nicotine is too strong in my juices (26mg) and as much as I vape, it makes my pulse faster, and can give me a slight headache. So I ordered some more juice, weaker... and some cut material (0mg) to dilute what I have on hand.

I haven't smoked in the house for a long time to appease my wife, so one funny drawback is my habit of periodically getting up from my computer or whatever I'm doing and walking out back to smoke. I still have that habit, of just going outside to smoke... so now I still do it but I take my 510 out instead of an analog. Also while driving yesterday I sort of automatically reached for my pocket for an analog not even thinking about it, then immediately realized what I was doing and just sort of laughed to myself as I pulled out my 510 and took me a nice long hit!

I still have 6 analogs sitting in the drawer next to me, just in case I'm out of power or juice or whatever as a back up.

I think this might just be the silver bullet I've been looking for! I'm already calling family and friends and making recommendations to switch to the PV way.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Today is day 10 since I received my kit and day 10 since I've smoked an analog! I've been telling everyone I know about this miraculous device. A few nights ago I left home without my PV when I went to get gas and freaked out when my habitual "lightup" urge occured when I started the car to head home. I remember the partial pack of analogs I had been carrying in my purse for emergencies so I grabbed one and lit it and couldn't handle it. I tasted like pooh! I took two drags just to make sure lol, and then tossed it out the window. I smoked for 20 years, quit for nearly 14 years and have been back on them for 7 years with no desire to quit after the tramatic experience of quitting the first time. There was never a day that went by that I didn't think about smoking and even dreamed about it often. Amazing what power such a small stick holds for most of us. I don't feel the least bit deprived and it's so nice to lie down at night and not hear my lungs whistling.

Doberz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
NW Indiana
www.facebook.com
I ordered my kit because of the smoking ban that was announced at the hospital I work at. I only bought it so I could have a way to sneak nicotine at work, but it just kind of took over. I finished the pack of smokes I had when I got my kit and didn't look back. That was almost three months ago, and today is the first day of the smoking ban. So I'm prepared. :)

Chanel

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Toronto
www.helium.com
A few nights ago I left home without my PV when I went to get gas and freaked out when my habitual "lightup" urge occured when I started the car to head home. I took two drags just to make sure lol, and then tossed it out the window.

Easy there Lynda, don't toss analogs out the window at a gas station.
You don't want to blow the place up, do you?

Doberz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
NW Indiana
www.facebook.com
You're only getting that now? Boy, we've had to put up with that crap for years.

Indiana is on the top ten list for most smokers in the US. And it's no joke.. EVERYONE here smokes. It was funny overhearing all the smokers today freaking out about where they were going to sneak a smoke. I just puff away on my Joye in the bathroom and in the break room without any worries. :)

thoughtfull1

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
nj
I quit cigarette a few weeks after I started vaping. I was cig free for 2 weeks, then I went on vacation and decided to indulge. Since coming home, about 3 weeks ago, I have been smoking anywhere from 3 to 5 cigs a day. I am not feeling particularly bad about this because it's far better than my one pack plus a day habit.
I have had a difficult time finding juices that I like well enough to vape all day, but, that may have changed. I have just received 2 new flavors from Tasty Vapor. Cafe Mocha and Tasty Finger. They are both really good, and I do think that I'll be back to strictly vaping shortly. My advice to you.... keep trying new things, don't give up, and you will eventually find that you no longer need cigs to satisfy you.

Diceman719

Feb 19, 2010
Florida
My experience may be a little different...

After smoking mostly menthols for 45+ years, I was admitted to the hospital in December with a rapid and irregular heartbeat. While there I was given Nicoderm patches...
Once I got out I stayed with the patches for two weeks - and then developed a bad sensitivity to the glue (I got round or square burns on my arms within 1/2 hour)...
So I started smoking again, but only 2-3 analogs a day...

Then in February I found eCigs!

My first one was a Blu - nice but didn't quite do the job, so I still smoked 1-2 analogs a day when I couldn't STAND it anymore...
My second one was a Joye510 - I stopped analogs immediately!
I now also have a KR8, and use all three every day (each with a different flavor in it)...
And NO analogs for over 2 months now...

So basically, after finding the right eCig I stopped analogs completely the same day - but I had been slowly weaning myself off them for almost 2 months...
(Fear will do that to you!)
Heh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread