How long did you smoke analogs before switching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
30 years with a bit of time off for pregnancys and quitting cold turkey a few times! I could quite, but always went back to it (once after 3 years!) When I got my ecig, I cut down to 3-4 regular cigs a day for about 2 weeks. I was going to finish up the packs I had, but then thought screw it and tossed them. I have been smoke free for almost a week now and don't miss them a bit! Whoooo-Hooooo!

This is like the best thread on the forum. I'm loving every single one of these entires.

I was reading this one and though, hey I did that, too. I had an emergency pack of cigarettes (we all did) in case I had a battery failure or atomizer failure (I started using a JOYE306A at the time and the short battery often left me stranded). Now by this time I'd move on to by beloved 901 and had bought two kits so I'd have back up everything. I went out to my car at work to vape, remembered I had some cigarettes and lit one up. Smoked about half of it. Tossed it out and pulled out the 901 instead. Took that pack of cigarettes and put in on a co-workers desk. And not just a happy ending for me. She's got a DSE901 now, too! She'd been a smoker for about 30 years.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. It's not about you. It's about us. And that's pretty cool, too.

skinnie

May 11, 2009
Arizona
About 45 years for me..also pinched cigarettes from my parents when i first started. Tried to quit numerous times, cold turkey, the patch, always returned to smoking. Then researched the e-cig and thought it's worth a try. Both the wife and i quit March 15th 2009. And SOooo glad we gave it a try. Feeling so much better physically. Neither of us can stand the taste of analogs now. Even when someone lights one up it doesn't make me crave one either. which in the past was always my breaking point.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Even when someone lights one up it doesn't make me crave one either. which in the past was always my breaking point.
I know, right?

I was not a heavy smoker, and I used to be able to go all day without a cigarette.
Until I saw someone smoking one.

Now when I see someone smoking one, my only thought is...
Why would they smoke that crap?

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
I smoked for 32 years. I'd say for the most part, I was a 2 pk/day smoker. Except when I had my own internet business & spent about 16 hours a day sitting at my computer. For those 7 years, I (hate to admit this) smoked 3.5 - 4 pks/day. (that ended 3 yrs ago ... went back to 2 pks/day).

The only quit method I have previously tried was Cold Turkey. Longest success time was 2 weeks.

Started vaping July 20th. Gave up analogs August 1st. Since then, I have twice tried a cigarette only to find it was absolutely disgusting & I threw it out after only a cuple drags. I still have a pack with 18 cigs sitting on my dresser. Can't imagine I will ever touch it, but still find it somewhat comforting to know it is there ... Just in case.

I sit with smokers on my breaks at work and have no problem with it at all. I don't really even notice they are smoking. The only time I find I even think about an analog is immediately after swallowing that last bite of a meal. My after meal gut instinct is still a desire to light-up. But as soon as I take that first vape, the thought leaves me.

This e-cig journey has been so much easier than I ever could have imagined. I am Thrilled to be a non-smoker !!

jerrydon10

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, it's been nigh on 40 years for me x 365 days a year x 2 packs a day.....let's see...that's just under 30,000 packs I have smoked.

I ordered my e-cigs end of last week; but got antsy reading this forum, went to the mall yesterday and dropped 190 bucks for a SE PV and accessories.....

One analog since I figured out how to work it. This is working!

Afubar

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Oregon
WOW! You guys are great. That pict of the analog machine in Japan was something else, I didn't even know they made "Larks" anymore. LOL. My house has been analog free since Saturday when my daughter and her hubby got thier 510. My bestest friend just ordered hers and another friend is being urged by her hubby to give them a try.

I remember back in the day when I joined the Army the first time (yes, Virgina, they are people strange enough out there that go thru Basic twice. LOL), a pack of 5 analogs came with your C-rats. The second time I went thru, no smoking at all in Basic. Quit for 10 weeks then started back up again. This time, have no desire to pick up an analog. Have taken the ashtray out of my car, bedroom, and bath. The ones in my living room have been scrubbed and are used to sit my e-cig in when I'm not using it.

I'm breathing easier and not coughing as much. Life is great.

Shelby

Aug 9, 2009
Ocala, Florida
Hi everyone,
It's been 40 years for me! I've tried so many things to kick the analogs. Patches, gum, hypnosis, "aversion thereapy", detox vitamins, and many of these more than once. The last time I tried quiting was 20 years ago when I stayed off of them for over a year. I NEVER stopped wanting one and after that last failed attempt I gave up.

So yesterday, I finally took the plunge and vaped all day going over 8 hours without wanting an analog and saying practically the entire time "OMG, I can't believe this!"

I am SO excited about these e-cigs and can't wait to see what my vaping future holds. I think it's gonna be good!

Kokonut

Jun 13, 2009
Dallas
37 years. I am on day 3 of no analogs. This is about the 10th time! I always seem to break down on day 5 or 6. I am hopeful this time with just having purchased a stronger level juice! Wish I could say it's easy but it seems I am having a hard time saying goodbye forever to my cigs. I love to hear the stories of people who quit the moment they start vaping and I am really looking forward to the day when I can say I MADE IT!

Flash

Sep 6, 2009
B.C Canada
37 years. I am on day 3 of no analogs. This is about the 10th time! I always seem to break down on day 5 or 6. I am hopeful this time with just having purchased a stronger level juice! Wish I could say it's easy but it seems I am having a hard time saying goodbye forever to my cigs. I love to hear the stories of people who quit the moment they start vaping and I am really looking forward to the day when I can say I MADE IT!

I def. understand. I'm on my 6th day of vaping and I have not touched a real cig since the day I got my pv.....But man it has been hard, and today is the worst day for cravings yet. I envy the people that had no need for a cig the moment they vaped. HAve yet to give in, but I'm about to crack. Have Vapor King coming soon, so I hope I can hold out until it gets here!

I've smoked for 11 years about 1/2 pack a day. I never smoked more than 1/2 pack a day so I think it's more the thought of a cig I'm addicted to than nicotine, but who knows!

frankd0331

Aug 29, 2009
Texas, US
11 years 1 pack of Marlboro Lights a day minimum, and I've tried about every other form tobacco as well. I tried zyban, the patch, and a combination of both with no luck in quitting. I successfully quit cold turkey for over a year, then relapsed.

I've been vaping exclusively since 9/1/09 and couldn't be happier. I'm not vaping to quit nicotine, just analogs. Now my only cravings have been for my PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread