How long did it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
Is it just me or have other people felt that missing end of the sequence thing when they started vaping? If so, what did you do? Or do you just get over it with time?

That's exactly what I was talking about. I somehow felt less "satisfied" because it didn't have that clear-cut beginning and end. My solution was to just suck it up and vape away.

My personal thought is that every time you light a ...., it reinforces that "something is missing" voice in the back of your head. I just muscled through it. It was a change of habit, but not so severe a change that it wrecked my whole attitude. Just a slight twinge, which I ignored. After a week or two, that twinge just went away.

I didn't have to wean myself off of cigarettes, I had to wean myself off of the "cigarette minute". And that wasn't too hard at all.

gsgVapor

Apr 16, 2010
NoVA
I have to say I put a lot of pressure on myself to just plan to "cut back only" on analogs. I didn't think anything would work as I was chain-smoking 3 to 4 days a week (pack and a half ea day) when I played pool. I love pool more than cigs and wanted to do everything I possibly could to at least cut back.

I got my PV on a Thursday 3 weeks ago, picked up one analog after a night of vaping the following morning, took two drags and nearly gagged from how awful it tasted. I thought it was just my imagination.

I went to play pool that day, and tried an analog again out of habit and again nearly gagged because it still tasted and smelled like doo-doo to me. I've brought my PV in to the pool hall ever since then and literally have to say from having the mentality of just "cutting back" and then to "0" was a complete happy shock to me!

I've had no real bad cravings, if and when I do, I vape pretty deep drags until it passes, and I'm fine. I didn't tell anyone I stopped the analogs until someone noticed my PV, and they were very curious to see how I cut back at all. I'm so happy vaping is possible, the different flavors and PVs out there makes the experience well worth it! Once you get a flavor going that you can't seem to get enough of it'll help tons! ( ^_^)

DaliMama

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Heart of Georgia (for now)
From what I have read, I am different from most vapers...I actually quit smoking analogs completely for about a month before I found e-cigs. I quit smoking for several reasons, you know the health concerns, cost, smell and because my other half had quit analogs and was becoming less understanding of my decision to continue smoking. :(

In any event, I missed smoking so much that I decided to try out the whole vaping thing and I am so happy I did! While I do sometimes miss the definitive beginning and end that others have expressed, I quickly get over it with a few more puffs on my e-cig! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread