Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
i have a mtl rta and was wanting how long would last before i Change it this is my first rta
Impossible to predict. Depends what's in your juice, how well it wicks, how your airflow is, how much power you're putting into that coil, etc, etc.

Also, the coil itself may last through a fair number of cleaning and re-wicking cycles.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
your rta coil can last you forever with cleaning and rewicking
"Forever" is a really long time. About 6 months is the longest I've made in on a daily use coil before I decided that it was no longer acceptable after cleaning it and viewing it under some magnification.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
i have a mtl rta and was wanting how long would last before i Change it this is my first rta
A big variable is your juice. Do you use dark or sweet flavors? That will gunk things up quicker than clear, unflavored.
Might want to consider checking at once a week perhaps, to see what shape it's in, clean and re-wick, and see how it goes from there.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
"Forever" is a really long time. About 6 months is the longest I've made in on a daily use coil before I decided that it was no longer acceptable after cleaning it and viewing it under some magnification.
I've had fused claptons last me longer than that. The key (to me) is to clean them as soon as I finish using them. If I leave them with juice on a shelf, it'll rust and probably ruin the atty too. Since I rotate between attys, the first build must as well be the last. My atty average usage is 8 months, generally after that something new comes along.

Reactions: stols001

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
A big variable is your juice. Do you use dark or sweet flavors? That will gunk things up quicker than clear, unflavored.
Might want to consider checking at once a week perhaps, to see what shape it's in, clean and re-wick, and see how it goes from there.
I usually run 30 to 60 ml before rewicking. I wash them on an ultrasonic cleaner, twice at least, dry burning in between.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hmm, the only thing that's in Kanthal that isn't in SS is few percent of Aluminum. Why does this bother you?
Chromium leeches. Yes, a little is not bad, but how much does each brand have? and as for aluminum, unless you scrape it you won't get much. Much more dangerous in cookware. SS is simpler, safer, works in power and TC and is widely available around the world. Remember I don't live in America...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread