How long does your Mod last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
Calgary Alberta Canada
I have been vaping daily on my Wiesmec P80 for almost a year. It has been dropped about 50 times and always performed but last Wednesday my P80 died. I immediately bought another as this mod suits me well. Just curious to know how long mods that are used daily last. I MTL at 15 watts.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I have several iStick Picos. As well as some other mods. Two of the Pico have been my daily drivers for a year and half now. They've been through several drops on concrete and asphalt but they keep on ticking. Wish my ancient tanks were doing as well! I too vape MTL at 8-ish Watts.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
I rotate a few of my mods, and have retired some because of none-use. I am careful with all my mods, but still some do drop a couple of times. Fortunately, all my mods still work well. 2 of them needed to be repaired but they were worth repairing. Some of my mods are over 7 years old. :smokie:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have been using my HCigar VT 75D all day, every day for a year now (got it last Oct). It has never been dropped and it still looks and works just like it did on day 1. I recently ordered 3 more as backups. These will be staying unopened in their boxes until needed.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
50 times? Is it because of a cat or your kids? I would say after 50 drops that's a good mod.....I have probably had 50 mods in the over 7 years of vaping and never had one die, but haven't been using one particular that long. I think my longest, continuous working mod is 3 years old, the rest are still working, but just not in use anymore, but haven't been thru many drops if at all.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ryedan

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I have had one Asmodus Klone mech mod for about 4 years. I have had to replace the button magnets from dropping it. My J80 I have had 3 my pico I had 3 years PIFed it and they still use it. My Minikin2 I have had about 8 months and it is going strong. My first
Pulse BF is going on 6 months as a work beater. It's been dropped numerous times survived being in a kitchen environment every day and looks and works good as new.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
How long do they last? You'll have to ask my great grandchildren.
rps20170726_180920.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've got a Silver Bullet mech and BB (baby bullet) and a Provari regulated mod which are all 6 years old and working, but no longer in use. Since 2013, I have had nearly a dozen other mods which still work but which are now in retirement.

• Wismec Reuleaux RX200
  • Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus
  • Geekvape Aegis Legend
  • Two JAC Vapour series B DNA75W
  • Three Provari 2.5 and Provari P3
  • Two Silver Bullet mechanical mods
  • AltSmoke BB mechanical mod
  • Reo Grand mechanical bottom feeder mod
  • Vapage V-Mod XL mechanical squonk mod

Had a SMOK mod whose board died after 3 months, and the V-MOD which literally fell apart after about a year's use.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I've been vaping for awhile, smoke free for 5 years
needless to say my mods take a beating, between 2 kids and leaky tanks they've had their fair share of abuse....

• several different cig-a-likes, all still in working order
  • i've had several vv spinners, all still in working order
  • first mod TECs lasted maybe 3 years before it fell apart (literally, dropped it and the top piece came unglued from the body, it was a flashlight mod...I mean it still works if you hold it together to vape but I'm not blowing my face off :pervy:)
  • a telescoping mech mod (don't know what kind it was a gift after my tecs died) it was already several years old and lasted me a year before I gave it away to someone else that needed it
  • MVP v2 (I miss that one) lasted me a year before I sold it to get a new mod
  • VMODXL got 4 years ago still kicking
  • istick 20w I had for about a year and I sold and got the istick 30w which it's not doing so well, it still works but the battery is going out on it, I think it lasted me 2 years
  • 25w Heatvape Defender is 3 years and still kicking
  • eleaf iCare is 2 years and still going
  • eVic VTC Dual is almost 2 years but I think my 510 connection is giving out
  • myblu, kangertech dripbox mod and Aegis Legend are still new lol
what i've learned....don't go for internal battery mods, once the battery goes out the mod is useless....get a mod where you replace the battery and has upgradable firmware....which is why i got the eVic but not sure it's been acting funny and sometimes just says no atty, it's a shame i love that mod but enjoying the aegis at the moment
of the list above though the TECs, istick 30w and eVic VTC Dual were my main mods that I used regularly so there's obviously going to be issues...the others I use but not as often, I keep them charged use them for a bit then set them back to storage

Reactions: redeuce

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Baditude "Vapage V-Mod XL mechanical squonk mod"

That's a blast from the past!
I had two of those- loved those when they came out, thought vaping couldn't get any better.
full

Mine with a faux wood vinyl skin and custom made pyrex drip tip.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
As a newb I made purchases based on what I have read here. No SMOK. I suppose their tanks are ok, but it seems their electronic stuff isn't all that durable. No offense SMOK, but after my Sigelei E1's had trouble in a few days and while searching for answers read they and SMOK share parts... Nope.

My friends and family said many times you should figure 6 months on much of the latest gear. The low cost stuff I mean.

So I purchased a couple of modular devices based on the potential to get years of lifespan, and a couple of 'toys' that will either last or not. But they were from manufacturers who I never see threads mentioning failure or issues with.

The Aspire Rover X 30 and a couple of Inokinn Kromas are the toys and an Aegis Legend 100, a YiHi SX SL Class and a JAC Sandstorm were the ones purchased for potential longevity.

Being a newb, I did not seek old school gear that others still use after years and years. I chose modern stuff instead, so time will tell if they last or not. Now regarding internal batteries I don't use much electricity on a daily basis so recharging often isn't a factor. If I get 300 charges from a device I charge once a week that means it would still be taking a charge a few years down the road. I figure the USB port will break first, or the fire button will fail first.

So I cannot add to the history part of how long mine have lasted, except to say "since August of 2018" here in October 2018. Well, except a pair of Sigelei E1's that work in general yet keep thinking my battery has an issue. I tried all the steps and decided there's a glitch in them.

I can say that an educated purchase based on reading lots of threads here at ECF can lead to the potential of long lasting vape tools.

Edit: and the yearly poll is also great info.
7th Annual Unofficial Equipment of the Year Poll
End edit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread