The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How long had your mod last?

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by Mobc1990, May 13, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mobc1990

Mobc1990 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 18, 2019
    Johor Bahru
    Mod with battery are electronic gadgets,but how long had your mod lasted while using it daily?Which brand and model your using?

• Like Like x 3
  2. dripster

dripster Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    They'll last me probably at least a couple centuries.
    Brands:
    Purge, Comp Lyfe, Ronin, R6two, League Of Scoundrels, Broadside, Vaperz Cloud, Deathwish Modz, Vaper's Mood, Cipher, Kennedy, and a couple others.​
    Models:
    Yes​

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Eleaf Pico 75W = About 4 years old.

Sigelei Mini 30W however I had to install a stainless steel 510 on it since the stock 510 was brass and it stripped (surprise!) = About 5 years old.

Smok ZMax v1 that still runs like new. I can't even tell you how old that is but my guess is 8 years old. But I can't count that because I stop using it daily about 4 years ago.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I only use internal battery mods. I either get tired of them or wear them out. I get my money out of them for the price, usually more. Eleaf has been the hardiest. I doubt there are enough people left on this forum to give good data for your research. You could spend a lot or little and it'll probably come down to mostly luck. Yeah, just electronic devices....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I’ve had a fair few die. One internal, others external

dna20, Rdna60, sigelei 75, istick x2, istick tc60, couple mech clones (threading) :lol:

all over the period of 1-5 years

and these two I forget the names
    D63DD8CC-AE0C-4765-BCEC-B6EC6825A28D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010

The one on the right is the Sigelei Min 30W. The one on the left looks like an IPV D4. Do they both still work?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    The sig 30 was the threading. I reckon if your lucky you might get one more particular atty at a push. I forgot (Years ago) and just took out the siren rta to see what’s going on the remembered smh...

the d4 the electronics had a problem. Can’t quite remember, shutting off intermittently I think

although I do have another but that one has half a wood cover kit going on

• Like Like x 2
  8. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Have an evic60 that's probably 5yo, still reads some attys. The therions, about 4yo, still work like a charm.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    Yeah, those brass 510 threads were a problem. I put a stainless steel 510 on mine about 3 years ago and it's been working ever since like new.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Mine seem to last a year or two then some physical like the 510 or the battery cover breaks.
    I have a couple that have lasted nearly five years but they have been in and out of rotation.
    I think to a large degree you get what you pay for. I prefer cheaper regulated boxes under £40 that I don't have to be precious with.
    If a cheapish device lasts a couple of years I feel that's value for money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    My first mod still works, it was an MPV5 I think. That sucker was like SOLID. I retired it because it chews through battery wraps like no one's business. A lot of my older setups still work but I gifted them to the husband and he is nowhere near restarting vaping. I should make sure he does not have batteries still in them. My very first "to me" real mod also still works and I still drag it out on occasion. The Steampunk nano teslacigs. It's still a great vape. And my how LIBERALLY I leaked down through that thing.

See, I don't break ALL things just many things.
    Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

2.6yrs is the longest running mod. Ive been Vaping 2.6yrs
    Innokin Endura.
    An Aspire Zelos which I bought 2weeks later is also going fine.
    I havnt had a mod or device fail yet. ((reaches around, touches a wooden desk top and hopes nothing is jinxed)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I rotate my mods here and there. I can't remember having one die on me. My Istick pico 40W still works fine after 7 or 8 years, but it gets intermittent use. The more you rotate, the less stress each one experiences.

Being a little concerned about the FDA eventually killing the vaping market, I've purchased mods here and there to build up an arsenal of mods for the future. My 2009 Provari V2 is like new after being used quite a bit the first year, not so much since I discovered the iStick Pico line and all the new vape mods that have come out since.

More is better ...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. flexy123

flexy123 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    Have two EVIC Vtwo (mine, and wife's), and they must be 6+ years old now. (Heavily used every day)

The amazing thing is what mine already went through...from busted USB ports (this is what usually goes first), to multiple repair/re-solder etc. AND IT STILL WORKS.

One issue that happens after some years is also that the buttons get unreliable, either multi-clicking or corrosion etc. (Same as with mice, or game controllers). Problem: These are tiny SMD buttons and not easily replaceable by a long shot. But I have a method soaking the part of the PCB with the button in vinegar, and then in ISO alc..and this has always revived the buttons.

And of course the magnets all some months coming lose and you need to glue them back.
    That being said, I think these old EVICs are the best mods, ever. (I want to slap myself I didn't buy one on ali two weeks ago, some vendor had a sale of the EVIC Dual for €13 or so...)

** also had one or two isticks long ago, but these had loooong failed. Total garbage and no comparison to the EVIC.

** just out of curiosity (since I want a new mod that I can flash with ArcticFox), I just ordered a Vaporflash Stout from ALI for like €12 :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    That's very interesting. I'll have to try this if I ever have a mod with failing buttons. Nothing to lose at that point.

I have 2 istick 30W that are still working after 6+ years. Only problem is the batteries don;t hold a charge as they used to.

In fact, I also have an istick 20W that still works except the 510 threads are stripped due to them being brass (as opposed to stainless steel on the 30W). I don't feel it worthwhile installing a $2 510 on it but that's the only thing wrong with it.

I also have 2 istick Pico 75W that are still going strong. 4+ years old. However, on one, the screen is noticeably dimmer than normal.

16. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I'm using my 5 year old blue SX350j Boxer today. DOB June 2015
    I also have 2 more black ones and a yellow (was orange) one 4+ years old.
    I killed a few boards but I bought about 15 replacements when they were available @ $25 ea
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I find the easiest part of the mod to make fail is....everything? Congrats however. I must say, I still have my copper steampunk nano I bought slightly after I started vaping, it still TRUCKS along and I pull it out ever now wand then and think "What a great vape" for a while....
    Anna

18. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    My Wismec, Vaporesso and ProVape mods have been holding up well to pretty rough use, but my RX75 only lasted a year and 100K puffs before a drop into a bonfire killed it. My Tarot baby, at 6 months and 50K puffs shuts down intermittently after only one drop into a hot tub. Good thing they were cheap and there are spares ready!

• Like Like x 1