How long it take you to get blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougrick

Jan 31, 2010
Denton, TX
I assume the Volcano carts are compatible with the blu? Are the Volcano carts any better about running dry after like 10 puffs? My blu came in this afternoon, and those carts are just dying so fast. they last like 1 cigarette's worth, not 5-7 like they claim.

I've heard bad things over and over about blu carts anyways. I should just order some e-liquid and drip/dip, i just don't know what sites are best to get e-liquid from. I've heard good things about Johnson's creek and cignot.

michael s

Jan 30, 2010
Bossier City, LA
Ok got emails today, one saying that my order was invoiced and ready to ship. and they charged my card finally. then a few hours ago got another email saying it has been shipped. USPS still says nothing but no surprise, tracking is a joke. Guess they are on their way. Oh yeah I order the white starter and light carts. I already have e-juice coming, shipped out today as well from e-smoke.com. Its a race now to see which one shows up first.

Scry

Jan 28, 2010
North Hollywood
I assume the Volcano carts are compatible with the blu? Are the Volcano carts any better about running dry after like 10 puffs? My blu came in this afternoon, and those carts are just dying so fast. they last like 1 cigarette's worth, not 5-7 like they claim.

I've heard bad things over and over about blu carts anyways. I should just order some e-liquid and drip/dip, i just don't know what sites are best to get e-liquid from. I've heard good things about Johnson's creek and cignot.

Volcanos are L88's, same model as the Blu. From what I hear/read they tend to give much better vapor than Blu carts (you can read the user reviews of each cartridge type on their website) over a longer period of time. I have had the same issue as you when it comes vapor production falling off quickly with Blu carts, but there are a couple things you can do:

1. Instead of snapping on the cart and twisting it a quarter turn like Blu tells you to, snap it on, twist it a full turn, then take it off. Remove the foil from the atomizer and put it back on.

2. Store your carts with the foil side facing down, this lets gravity naturally move the liquid closer to the top of the wick. Same goes with the Blu cig when storing it in your pack -- put it in LED-first so the liquid is constantly staying toward the top of the wick.

3. If you lose vapor after just a few puffs, shake your Blu like a thermometer a few times. This will push the liquid at the bottom to the top of the wick and should coat the atomizer tip a bit as well.

4. After removing a cart, blow on the atomizer to burn off whatever leftover liquid is on it. When you stop seeing vapor come off the atomizer all the liquid has been burned off. You don't want liquid to build up and dry off on the atomizer as it will lose effectiveness when vaping.

Dougrick

Jan 31, 2010
Denton, TX
Volcanos are L88's, same model as the Blu. From what I hear/read they tend to give much better vapor than Blu carts (you can read the user reviews of each cartridge type on their website) over a longer period of time. I have had the same issue as you when it comes vapor production falling off quickly with Blu carts, but there are a couple things you can do:

1. Instead of snapping on the cart and twisting it a quarter turn like Blu tells you to, snap it on, twist it a full turn, then take it off. Remove the foil from the atomizer and put it back on.

2. Store your carts with the foil side facing down, this lets gravity naturally move the liquid closer to the top of the wick. Same goes with the Blu cig when storing it in your pack -- put it in LED-first so the liquid is constantly staying toward the top of the wick.

3. If you lose vapor after just a few puffs, shake your Blu like a thermometer a few times. This will push the liquid at the bottom to the top of the wick and should coat the atomizer tip a bit as well.

4. After removing a cart, blow on the atomizer to burn off whatever leftover liquid is on it. When you stop seeing vapor come off the atomizer all the liquid has been burned off. You don't want liquid to build up and dry off on the atomizer as it will lose effectiveness when vaping.

was doing #1 and #2 already, I'll keep 3 and 4 in mind. I've heard too that blu atty's take a few days to "break in" and really start producing vapor, so I may just be expecting too much too soon.

The main thing I'm missing is obviously the lack of vapor, but mostly that lungs-full-of-smoke feeling i got from analogs after you took your drag and inhaled it, which might just be a function of vapor production, which this device (at least with stock carts) lacks horribly.

I should've have done more research first, I suppose. The PCC just seemed so convenient. What I've read since ordering is that the Blu can be redeemed, but you have to modify the cart somehow with either a PTB mod or the foamy stuff, and use actual e-liquid. I've scanned over this forum a bit to find instructions of doing this for blu carts specifically, but haven't found much. Was gonna run to the store and get some PTB's and just try to figure it out myself, but there's no point until I get my hands on some e-liquid.

However, with the extremely short cartridge life, and the as-of-yet unimpressive vapor production, i'm thinking about taking advantage of their money-back guarantee already and just getting a 510 and some juice. Not as convenient with the increased size and less-useful PCC, but i never hear anything bad about the 510.

Scry

Jan 28, 2010
North Hollywood
Not everyone is a fan of the 510. Claims of it running too hot, burnt taste, poor PCC, large size and length, manual vaping via button press being annoying, etc. I dunno, everyone's mileage varies, and so far I'm happy enough with my Blu to keep it. Especially now that I know that Volcano sells completely compatible parts and sells them cheaper than Blu too.

Dougrick

Jan 31, 2010
Denton, TX
True. I'm not going to just nix it altogether just yet. I'm going to order some e-juice and try refilling my carts, maybe modding them, or just dipping/dripping to see if the Blu is capable of providing the vapor and feeling in my lungs that I love about smoking analogs.

Right now, all I have are the Blu pre-filled carts, which are notorious even among those who post that they enjoy their Blu. I definitely like the style of the Blu, and the convenience of the PCC, but the full-lung feeling and the vapor aren't there just yet.

Perhaps some real juice will improve it, as many have said it does. Shame these are almost purely mail-order still, would love to just run down to my smoke shop and buy a bit of e-liquid and try it out. But, looks like I got a few more days to wait to find out.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
"I'm not going to just nix it altogether just yet" Don't, dougrick (at least until you've given it a fair shot and still have time for a refund if you need to). I think some of the animosity here towards the blu stems from their prior/currentwithblackunits horrible shipping. The stock flavor carts are quite subtle...especially since you're going from being a smoker and not being able to taste anything. I just threw some juice from another supplier in my blu carts with PTB today and am getting much better results. At the same time, with a super mini like the blu I wouldn't expect massive amounts of vapor like you would with a larger unit. Also, e-cigs just tend to taste and feel more like hookah with a kick than analogs to me so don't be discouraged by that...the adjustment to this is quite worth it I believe.

Dougrick

Jan 31, 2010
Denton, TX
Yeah, I hadn't tried the Classic Tobacco or Java Jolt flavors when I posted that and was still very frustrated with the Blu at that point. Since trying them (those two seem to perform much better than the other Blu cart flavors in terms of vapor and throat/lung hit), I've seen the Blu IS capable of providing what I want, and better liquid and a cart mod might make it even better. I have an e-liquid sampler pack from JC on order now, and I'm pretty sure once I find the right one (or ones), I'll be a lot happier with my purchase.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Those two are definitely the stronger flavors, I hope those two can hold hold you off from analogs until you get your order in from JC and maybe a cart mod at that stage. Also noticed that the blu atty's take a lot of vapes before they start performing at (what I'm assuming) is their peak. I'm not trying to push you to keep your blu...if you order a different model now you may be able to send in your blu back for full refund at the same time (or better, right after) your new order comes in. Either way, I hope you find a product you love and keep analogs where they belong...in the past. cheers!

michael s

Jan 30, 2010
Bossier City, LA
Ok Blu came in the mail today, so let see I ordered on 1/27 and its here on 2/4, so took 8 days, not to bad. Got it all charged up and used it a couple of times now. Performance is way better than the Nova Smoke (believe its a 401) I was using till it died last night. Hits way easier, nice amount of vapor, and the tobacco cart doesn't taste all that bad. Did notice that the batteries are a lot more sensitive than the 401, but I am ok with that. So far so good.

klutzyleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Keystone Heights, FL
I'm new to this whole thing and decided to go with blu to start with. I ordered mine around 9pm 2/2, got the email saying it shipped 2/3 and received it today, 2/6. It went quickly for me, but only because I called them after hearing horror stories of how long it can take.

The rep I talked to told me that the website is not updated and that the white is backordered, while the black is not. I had ordered the white to avoid waiting forever so I had to cancel my order and reorder the black. I wanted the black in the first place so I was okay with it. I'm just glad I called and asked about it though.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
They do seem to have gotten a lot better. I originally ordered a black kit on impulse and didn't see that they had a notice on their page that it could take 3+ weeks for black. So I called and cancelled and ordered a white instead. Shipping didn't take long, maybe a week and...I got a black kit. They must have seen that I'd switched and sent what I wanted in the first place as stock came in. I like the product, it's kept me from smoking since Monday. Just got a 510 in the mail about 20mins ago and excited to try it out. I'm thinking I'll use the 510 at home and take the Blu out. Happy Vaping all!

freefl2

Feb 8, 2010
Dallas
Blu is at it again, today I called to check on the order after reading the horror stories here about product delays. Today the rep tells me that White is on back order and they can't give me a estimate of how long it will take to get them in. "A few weeks" is all they would say. So I said since we ordered a white and black kit can you just switch them both to black. "sorry you will have to cancel the order and then reorder from us" I have read horror stories about refunding from Blu as well. SO the moral of the story is if you gotta have a Blu I HIGHLY suggest calling them first finding out what they have in stock and then placing an order. What a freaking joke! They should just put availability online or when something is out of stock give you the ability to back order if you wish

klutzyleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Keystone Heights, FL
Blu is at it again, today I called to check on the order after reading the horror stories here about product delays. Today the rep tells me that White is on back order and they can't give me a estimate of how long it will take to get them in. "A few weeks" is all they would say. So I said since we ordered a white and black kit can you just switch them both to black. "sorry you will have to cancel the order and then reorder from us" I have read horror stories about refunding from Blu as well. SO the moral of the story is if you gotta have a Blu I HIGHLY suggest calling them first finding out what they have in stock and then placing an order. What a freaking joke! They should just put availability online or when something is out of stock give you the ability to back order if you wish

I had pretty much the same thing happen, but I did cancel my order and reorder. They never charged me for the whites and the blacks came within a couple days. They, in fact, shipped the day after I changed my order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread