How much vaping is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
I have an istick pico and use an eleaf tank with replaceable coil cartridges. So I don't have massive vape clouds but it is pretty good.

The "when I'm awake, I vape" adage seems to apply to me lately. I have a counter on my pico (thanks to using the Arctic Fox firmware). I hit my vape between 250 and 300 times a day. I go through about 4-5ml of 9mg juice.

Is this too much? Should I cut down? I've been coughing lately, not a dry hack but still I never used to have a cough.

Thoughts? Comparisons?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Only you can determine if it is too much. I don't have a counter but it seems like my device is glued to my hand. At the end of the day though I have only vaped about 3 mls of 12 mg e-liquid.

If the cough is concerning you it might be best to have it checked out with your healthcare provider.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Vapor may be condensing in your lungs and forming "congestion" which causes you to cough maybe?
If it's a throat thing, maybe too high wattage/voltage and heat is irritating your throat?
Maybe it's a seasonal thing and nothing to do with vaping?
Maybe you're vaping too much?
... drink more water and stay hydrated. Depending on where you are, climate, humidity in your dwelling, things can dry out around this time of year.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I have an istick pico and use an eleaf tank with replaceable coil cartridges. So I don't have massive vape clouds but it is pretty good.

The "when I'm awake, I vape" adage seems to apply to me lately. I have a counter on my pico (thanks to using the Arctic Fox firmware). I hit my vape between 250 and 300 times a day. I go through about 4-5ml of 9mg juice.

Is this too much? Should I cut down? I've been coughing lately, not a dry hack but still I never used to have a cough.

Thoughts? Comparisons?

Amateur!
J/K :pervy:

1st thing, get rid of the puff counter and Stop Worrying About It.

Now, Why don't you have clouds?? Pico 75 w and Pico 25 and KONN user here using Melo2's, Melo 4's with the EC (Old and New) 0.3 ohms coils and Ello Mini XL's with the HW1 (single coil 0.2 ohms coils) and I can blow clouds bro!!
:banana:

Are your lungs clogged up? Do you feel sick? OK, you have a cough, weather change? Allergies? Not drinking enough fluids? High VG eliquids?
Maybe your nic is too high? Maybe your power is too high for your vape style? Maybe too high on the PG? Not enough information.:sleep:

I wouldn't worry about a measly 4-5 ml of eliquid. I go through 20 ml At least between 6 mods (Ok.. 7 mods.. no.. 8 Dang it.. 10.. for now..) and tanks daily. This is after 5 years of vaping and 36 years of heavy smoking.

But! If you are really having an issue, see a doctor.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
You must be the exception, that is a ton of juice.

My biggest problem with the Eleaf tank coils is they clog up in 3-7 days. I hate buying a new one. But I have no idea where to get started with an RBA that will not leak and will be simple for a newb to re-coil/re-wick.

I do have clouds but not like the ones I see with people using RBA's. But this setup is pretty much foolproof, I really don't want to become a vape hobbyist, just enjoy the actual vaping.

My lungs don't feel clogged, not sick, all is good, but coughing, and I never did that, even when I smoked.

Amateur!
J/K :pervy:

1st thing, get rid of the puff counter and Stop Worrying About It.

Now, Why don't you have clouds?? Pico 75 w and Pico 25 and KONN user here using Melo2's, Melo 4's with the EC (Old and New) 0.3 ohms coils and Ello Mini XL's with the HW1 (single coil 0.2 ohms coils) and I can blow clouds bro!!
:banana:

Are your lungs clogged up? Do you feel sick? OK, you have a cough, weather change? Allergies? Not drinking enough fluids? High VG eliquids?
Maybe your nic is too high? Maybe your power is too high for your vape style? Maybe too high on the PG? Not enough information.:sleep:

I wouldn't worry about a measly 4-5 ml of eliquid. I go through 20 ml At least between 6 mods (Ok.. 7 mods.. no.. 8 Dang it.. 10.. for now..) and tanks daily. This is after 5 years of vaping and 36 years of heavy smoking.

But! If you are really having an issue, see a doctor.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK

I go through about 4-5ml of 9mg juice.

Thoughts? Comparisons?

I know of people who will suck 50-60ml of e-liquid into their lungs every day. Those people i worry about... 5ml of liquid (about the same as me but at 18mg) is considered light vaping these days. I pretty much vape continously throughout the day and have never had more of a problem than the occasional 'chefs oyster'. :rolleyes:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Is this too much? Should I cut down? ...

If you get to the Point where you Switch your Mod from you Right Hand to your Left to brush your teeth in the mourning, then you are probably Vaping Too Much.

LOL

Seriously though. My Benchmark for am I Vaping Too Much is when it starts to Interfere with things when I am Not Vaping. Or if it gets to the Point where I Don't Feel Right when I'm someplace or doing something where I Can't Vape.

Part of the Reason I wanted to Quit Smoking (aside from the Fact that Smoking was Slowly Destroying My Health!) was I Didn't like feeling like I Had to Smoke.

Midway thru my Vaping career, I got to the point where it seemed like I was Holding my e-Cigarette Constantly. And I would Think about vaping the same way I used to think about Smoking. And I Didn't Like that.

So I knew (for Me) that I was Vaping Too Much. It wasn't the Amount of ml/day I was doing. It was the Frequency of taking a Hit. Or more precisely, the Infrequency of Not Taking a hit that got to me.

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
You must be the exception, that is a ton of juice.

My biggest problem with the Eleaf tank coils is they clog up in 3-7 days. I hate buying a new one. But I have no idea where to get started with an RBA that will not leak and will be simple for a newb to re-coil/re-wick.

I do have clouds but not like the ones I see with people using RBA's. But this setup is pretty much foolproof, I really don't want to become a vape hobbyist, just enjoy the actual vaping.

My lungs don't feel clogged, not sick, all is good, but coughing, and I never did that, even when I smoked.

Actually, you will find many folks that vape more than I do.

I buy my EC coils online through Fasttech. About $7.58 for the old versions and $8.78 for the EC2's ( Just a new version is all) for a pack of 5. Much cheaper than having to spend $5-7 for a single coil in a store. And I only get Authentic eleaf coils. Learned my lesson long ago on these!

If you want to get into RTA's, I would suggest an OBS Engine (dual coils) or the Engine Nano (Single coils), great airflow, nearly impossible to leak. But you can't use them on the Pico 75w you have. You would need the Pico 25 or something else that can hold a 25mm tank.

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
If you get to the Point where you Switch your Mod from you Right Hand to your Left to brush your teeth in the mourning, then you are probably Vaping Too Much.

LOL

::: hangs head down ::: But.. but.. Only on Saturdays and Sundays!!!

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
No chest congestion, just a hacking cough.

take some mucinex dm to help clear chest congestion and schedule your doctor if it doesnt clear up in 2 days. Or you can eat this cookie and call me in the morning. :thumbs:

Yes, I get my cheapie "pirate" juice and my authentic coils through fasttech :thumbs:

I do have a Pico 75. Very open for suggestions on my first RTA that will work with it.

Actually, you will find many folks that vape more than I do.

I buy my EC coils online through Fasttech. About $7.58 for the old versions and $8.78 for the EC2's ( Just a new version is all) for a pack of 5. Much cheaper than having to spend $5-7 for a single coil in a store. And I only get Authentic eleaf coils. Learned my lesson long ago on these!

If you want to get into RTA's, I would suggest an OBS Engine (dual coils) or the Engine Nano (Single coils), great airflow, nearly impossible to leak. But you can't use them on the Pico 75w you have. You would need the Pico 25 or something else that can hold a 25mm tank.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
No chest congestion, just a hacking cough.
From the manufacturer:
One day it’s a wet cough. The next day it’s a dry cough. Some days it’s both. Whichever you’re dealing with, relief has arrived with Mucinex®DM. The immediate-release layer starts to work quickly, while the extended-release layer of the unique bi-layer tablet works for 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread