Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I don't think that much juice is a lot, actually especially at your nicotine level. I would see your doctor though if you get sometimes a wet cough and a dry one.... Not sure that's vaping related, well, yeah, which is why a visit to a doctor might help. You could up your nicotine levels if you wanted to vape less and all the other strategies might help as well. It's possible something in your e-juice isn't agreeing with you, but I am not a doctor.

Good luck,

Anna

I'm more concerned with the year for illness as a whole.

I know I had pneumonia already this year, and that's something I haven't gotten since before I started vaping. Took two rounds of antibiotics to clear it up too. My husband, for the second time since we have known eachother, had to go to the doctors and get on antibiotics too here just two weeks ago.

Everyone around here is getting sick, and not just regular sick either, but sick enough to need one or two rounds of antibiotics.

It's going to be a bad year for sickness I think... that makes me want him to see a doctor more, simply because a cough isn't normally associated with vaping, especially such a small amount, and not normal to the OP either.

With nastiness in the air, I'd see the doc first... just in case.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Everyone is different, but your 4-5ml is not too much juice. I vape at least that much mostly at 24mg everyday and still smoke 4-5 American Spirit Blacks (their strongest I believe). I am going to begin cutting the nic level however. I just received a NET juice at 12mg, vaped it all day, and did not end up climbing the walls. I am going to triumph over demon nicotine eventually!

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
Another tip - I also treat vaping like smoking in that I only vape outside on the veranda and never in my house. Certainly stops me from vaping constantly!
Catherine

One huge advantage to vaping is I don't have to do it outside, there is no stink. I actually like vaping "constantly", though my wife is not crazy about me doing it, I was just concerned maybe I was vaping too much. The consensus seems to be, not so much.

This is the cheap pirate eliquid I've been vaping.
https://www.fasttech.com/category/3009/consumables-e-liquid?f=Nz1QSVJBVEU&sort=p1&
Since all juice is basically PG, VG, Nic and some flavorings, I figured whether it is cheap china stuff or something 3x-4x as expensive, its basically the same thing. Thoughts?

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I have used the same cheap pirate eliquid from fasttech - the caramel and the RY4 flavours (I DIY mostly now). It is the only eliquid my brother-in-law uses all the time. He is a heavier vaper than me....using 15-20mls a day....more if he is having a drink! - and he loves it. Personally, I found it a terrific eliquid - much better than ones I paid huge amounts for earlier on. Lovely flavours and good, clear liquid. Neither of us have had any problems with this liquid.
(I actually have 20 bottles of this stuff stashed away 'just in case' - where I live it is getting harder and harder to import nicotine liquids).
Hopefully your cough will settle soon.
Catherine

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Since we are all telling how much e liquid we consume, I go through anywhere between 5-7 ml per day.. this is a rough estimate I think but normally end up filling my tank once in the morning to start my day off and once in the afternoon on an average day - it's a 3ml tank but i don't run it dry. That's vaping a 1.4 ohm coil at current moment running it at 13 -1/2 watts (don't balk at the watts there's a lot of metal in that coil i built to heat up!)

Now my son, he's a different story altogether... he's practically drinking the juice at higher wattage, I think he said he's vaping around 20-30ml per day and unlike me he's buying it rather than making it.

3-5 ml per day is definitely on the low end for most vapers.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I found myself vaping about 30 ml a day of 3mg, decided that that was just too much, so now I fill one squonk bottle with 12mg and vape that along with 3mg in others. I find myself reaching for the 12 more than the 3, and a 120ml bottle of 12 mg has lasted me over two weeks already....I probably vaped about the same amount of 3mg, or maybe a little more, but the main thing is that I'm vaping less overall, and really digging the 12.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    i used to worry about how much i e juice i consume. Now it doesnt bother me anymore, as long as i dont get nic sick then im good. Just blew though 20mls of 0 nic in a few hours playing with some big builds. Get on some nicotine gum or patches and wait a few days to see if your symptoms doesn't go away. Its that time of year where everyone gets sick so might just be a bug going around.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States
    I go through 10ish ml per day and it doesn’t concern me. And I’m getting over some sort of respiratory issues that ran through the whole family so I’ve been coughing a little bit while vaping. Not nearly as much or as juicy as it was when I was smoking. If I feel like I’m vaping too much I put the mod down in my bedroom and busy myself with other stuff in other areas of the house.

Steveio

Nov 20, 2017
    I had this problem before grant dI have asthma so made it more noticeable..

I was a very light smoker mainly social occasions. then I vaped .. and it was so easy to have more than you think. I guess thats fairly average but that about 30 cigs a day... I used to try and aim for max 10.. but was difficult to gage especially when drinking.

Reactions: stols001

theguyhere

Feb 2, 2018
    Mexico
    My story in short. I smoke tobacco since 30 y ago or some, in the second half my consumption increased to 15-20 a day and lastly very often arrived to burn a pack of 24. Most of my smoking life I roll wild tobacco unfiltered and I love to mix it with weed, so the cigarret per day was tobacco with it. I have started in the vaping world just a few days ago, six actually. Along with ceasing tobacco, the weed has also decreased. I still have the same roll since this vape started.. just an ocassional puff has been enough. So I'm with my brand new toy a voopoo drag mod + cleito aspire sub ohm of 4 ml capactity, sucking about 5-6 ml /day (refilling often). From what I have read here, it is the normal average. I'm ok, no unpleasent symptoms so far except once I touched my face with ejuicy hands and it is like chili, event the scent went to my eyes. My juice is 0.3 nicotine 70VG/30PG (turkish tobacco - caramel - vainilla) and I programmed the mod for variable 55-40 W on 235-210 centigrades for 8 seconds deep inhale.. the nirvana

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    My story in short. I smoke tobacco since 30 y ago or some, in the second half my consumption increased to 15-20 a day and lastly very often arrived to burn a pack of 24. Most of my smoking life I roll wild tobacco unfiltered and I love to mix it with weed, so the cigarret per day was tobacco with it. I have started in the vaping world just a few days ago, six actually. Along with ceasing tobacco, the weed has also decreased. I still have the same roll since this vape started.. just an ocassional puff has been enough. So I'm with my brand new toy a voopoo drag mod + cleito aspire sub ohm of 4 ml capactity, sucking about 5-6 ml /day (refilling often). From what I have read here, it is the normal average. I'm ok, no unpleasent symptoms so far except once I touched my face with ejuicy hands and it is like chili, event the scent went to my eyes. My juice is 0.3 nicotine 70VG/30PG (turkish tobacco - caramel - vainilla) and I programmed the mod for variable 55-40 W on 235-210 centigrades for 8 seconds deep inhale.. the nirvana
    You can't mention the "other stuff" here on ECF. Glad vaping is working out for you. If it keeps you from tobacco it's not too much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread