How often do you press your Squonk bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Every couple of draws or less often? I'm so worried I'll get a dry hit I tend to over squonk. So how often do YOU press your bottle? I tend to take deep long inhales and I chain vape as the temperature of the drip tip allows. Please give me the benefit of your experience so I can stop worrying about dry hits and stop over squonking.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Every couple of draws or less often? I'm so worried I'll get a dry hit I tend to over squonk. So how often do YOU press your bottle? I tend to take deep long inhales and I chain vape as the temperature of the drip tip allows. Please give me the benefit of your experience so I can stop worrying about dry hits and stop over squonking.
Depends on the bottle and how full it is. My Old style REO bottles that are a very hard press I tend to have to squonk much more often than a soft silicone bottle as I never get quite as much liquid into the atty. If the bottle is nearly empty I have to squonk even more.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I take relatively short draws and will usually taste/feel a pre-dry-hit if I haven't squonked in a bit. For someone doing lengthy draws, that might not be sufficient to avoid true dry hits.

You could also practice doing very light constant squonks ... when vaping, just put very light pressure on the bottle, just enough to keep the bottom of the wicks fed, and full squonks every XX number hits (where XX is determined experimentally).

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Cool. Thanks y'all! I can't take off the drip tip to check because I'm blind in one eye and can't see well enough. I'd have to take the cap off. I was hoping for an easy answer but I've been squonking long enough to know there is no easy answer.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Cool. Thanks y'all! I can't take off the drip tip to check because I'm blind in one eye and can't see well enough. I'd have to take the cap off. I was hoping for an easy answer but I've been squonking long enough to know there is no easy answer.

I have several squonks in rotation and they all have different types of bottles with a different feel. I'd say that I may squonk every several hits, but I also notice that after several draws I can notice a "dryness" to it, not a dry hit, but just enough that would in a sense tell me "if you take another one or two hits, it'll dry hit on you". Not super helpful, but while the squonks vary, the attys and build styles are pretty close, so the flavor change is something I've found I can pick up on.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
With my builds, 1.4-1.6 ohms, I have learned over time that the sound of the attie changes as the wick gets towards the point where a dry hit is nearby...maybe four or five pulls in a row. I still absent mindedly get the occasion dry hit from eich ee double hockey sticks :lol: But when I am focused I squonk about every other hit on any attie that drains well.

Oh, and yeah, sometimes I get that wet sticky finger feeling from over doing it...just seems to be par for the course for me.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Every couple of draws or less often? I'm so worried I'll get a dry hit I tend to over squonk. So how often do YOU press your bottle?....

You'll get the hang of it over time, it took me several months when I first started squonking. Eventually though, I stopped using RDAs and switched to RDTAs. RDTAs are basically just RDAs with an extra deep (and visible) juice well. I vape at 65 watts (0.2 ohms) and go through about 8 to 10ml of juice each day. Using a 2ml RDTA I only need to squonk perhaps four times a day. Since you can visually see the juice level in a RDTA there's no guess work as to when or how much. With a fully charged 21700 battery, 8ml of juice in the squonk mod and 2ml in the RDTA I can vape hassle free -all day long- without carrying any supplies. Day trips are hassle free.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I didn't know you could use a RDTA with a squonk! Can you recommend any that come with a bf pin?

All of the RDTAs I've bought/tried came with a BF pin, just had to install it. My current favorites are the Vandy Vape Pyro 2 and WOTOFO Faris. I've pre-ordered the Vandy Vape Pyro 3 and suspect (Based on design) it might be my next go-to.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
All of the RDTAs I've bought/tried came with a BF pin, just had to install it. My current favorites are the Vandy Vape Pyro 2 and WOTOFO Faris. I've pre-ordered the Vandy Vape Pyro 3 and suspect (Based on design) it might be my next go-to.
Thanks I'll check them out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread