How often do you press your Squonk bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
c l e a r c a p s... when it looks dry
RSUA0eM.gif

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
No worries @Anise, thank you very much for that.

Well there's plenty of DTL RDTA's to choose from, so that's good.

I'm wondering if the steam crave Aromamizer Supreme RDTA v2.1 can be squonked?
Aromamizer Supreme RDTA V2.1 5ml&8ml Bundle sale,Aromamizer Supreme V2.1

I do know that their Glaz V1.1 is interesting, due to the ability to make massive builds and the ability to build in series or parallel. Then with the metal top cap you get a chamber reducer thrown in as well.

And they come with 2 glass top caps as well.

Also a QP Designs Kali clone may be of interest, seems the Ulton ones have decided to hide on the net somewhere though or are out of stock. But they have a partially clear top cap option.

Last edited:

Speedfreek67

Oct 20, 2019
Speaking of squonking... I have a Hadaly Psyclone that I've been meaning to open. I think it comes with a squonk pin, I'm not sure? I purchased it years ago, and tossed into storage.

kwkxtf2.jpg
I have a couple of Hadalys, and yes, it comes with a squonk pin.

I have one set up in squonk mode with a translucent frosted cap (the Hadaly is notoriously easy to over-squonk) and the other I use as a dripper for flavour testing, on a mech - a CAM mod by Kryptonite Vapor, remember them? :)

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009

I have one set up in squonk mode with a translucent frosted cap (the Hadaly is notoriously easy to over-squonk) and the other I use as a dripper for flavour testing, on a mech - a CAM mod by Kryptonite Vapor, remember them? :)
I sure do! I had a glass top for my Goon RDA, but it cracked. Love the flavor with a glass top!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

My Hadalys are about my favorite Squonk atty.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
If you stick with one mod and one atty you eventually get a feel for when to squonk. For me I can taste when to squonk. There is sort of a subtle change that I pick up. Once I recognized that I almost never burn the cotton anymore. The one exception being when gaming as I get distracted by the big ugly monster I am trying to take down. :p

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
I don't think about it much, as others wrote, when the taste changes, seems a bit harsh, time to squeeze the bottle. Maybe every 3rd or 4th hit? It might depend on what atomizer you are using? I squonk using a Profile RDA and mesh coil. Big clouds and all that, but it burns through e-juice fast. I could probably go through a 30ml bottle in a day if it was my only vape using that atomizer.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
c l e a r c a p s... when it looks dry
RSUA0eM.gif

Excellent video @dom qp :thumb: . It highlights very well how juice drains back into the bottle when you let go of it and leaves the wick(s) thoroughly saturated every time.

I see some people in this thread relying on flavor or a dryer hit to indicate when to squonk. For me, the issue with this process is that once you notice it's time to squonk you've experienced a hit (or three) with raised coil temperature which is what happens when the flavor changes or you get a dryer hit, so your juice may have become degraded enough to cause some unhealthy chemicals to be created. It's pretty well documented on ECF that we can't tell by flavor when that starts to happen.

If we have a setup that drains the atty base after every squonk the only way to over-squonk with a negative result is to squeeze too hard and/or for too long so we get a leak out of the air holes. As long as we avoid that, there is no downside to squonking too often. Hope that makes some kind of sense :)

This is why I squonk often enough to avoid noticing any change in my vape. I found it pretty easy to get used to and it never detracted from my vape experience. As always, YMMV :cool:

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Another thing I've been doing when squonking on the hadaly is to look across the air holes and squonk until I see juice rising, let go, then vape. The atty is prone to oversquonking, so this works to prevent leaks out the air holes. Other rda's rda's with a bigger juice well wouldn't work this way, or if you can't see across the airholes, then this also wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread