The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How often do you press your Squonk bottle?

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by Anise, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I use DTL. I've tried MTL but they just aren't for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

c l e a r c a p s... when it looks dry
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    Oh wow! That's what I need for sure!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    No worries @Anise, thank you very much for that.

Well there's plenty of DTL RDTA's to choose from, so that's good.

I'm wondering if the Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme RDTA v2.1 can be squonked?
    Aromamizer Supreme RDTA V2.1 5ml&8ml Bundle sale,Aromamizer Supreme V2.1

I do know that their Glaz V1.1 is interesting, due to the ability to make massive builds and the ability to build in series or parallel. Then with the metal top cap you get a chamber reducer thrown in as well.

And they come with 2 glass top caps as well.

Also a QP Designs Kali clone may be of interest, seems the Ulton ones have decided to hide on the net somewhere though or are out of stock. But they have a partially clear top cap option.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Mesmerizing, I love the way glass caps look.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I should have got an Ulton Kali clone while they were easy to find.

• Like Like x 2
  7. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I personally think you all are squeezing your squonks a bit to much.

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

here:

Age Verification - Trinity Glass

just look in the drop down box and scroll until you find your preferred RDA and you can buy the glass cap for it.. plenty of models to choose from!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. jcoopercam

jcoopercam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Speaking of squonking... I have a Hadaly Psyclone that I've been meaning to open. I think it comes with a squonk pin, I'm not sure? I purchased it years ago, and tossed into storage.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Speedfreek67

Speedfreek67 Full Member

Oct 20, 2019
    I have a couple of Hadalys, and yes, it comes with a squonk pin.

I have one set up in squonk mode with a translucent frosted cap (the Hadaly is notoriously easy to over-squonk) and the other I use as a dripper for flavour testing, on a mech - a CAM mod by Kryptonite Vapor, remember them? :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. jcoopercam

jcoopercam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    I sure do! I had a glass top for my Goon RDA, but it cracked. Love the flavor with a glass top!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    My Hadalys are about my favorite Squonk atty.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Layzee Vaper

Layzee Vaper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2015
    I squonk every two or three hits, but it's very dependent on your set up. Different coil/wick/atty/juice/style combinations all require different squonk frequency. It's trial and error like most vaping.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    If you stick with one mod and one atty you eventually get a feel for when to squonk. For me I can taste when to squonk. There is sort of a subtle change that I pick up. Once I recognized that I almost never burn the cotton anymore. The one exception being when gaming as I get distracted by the big ugly monster I am trying to take down. :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. DarrenMG

DarrenMG Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2015
    I don't think about it much, as others wrote, when the taste changes, seems a bit harsh, time to squeeze the bottle. Maybe every 3rd or 4th hit? It might depend on what atomizer you are using? I squonk using a Profile RDA and mesh coil. Big clouds and all that, but it burns through e-juice fast. I could probably go through a 30ml bottle in a day if it was my only vape using that atomizer.

16. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Excellent video @dom qp :thumb: . It highlights very well how juice drains back into the bottle when you let go of it and leaves the wick(s) thoroughly saturated every time.

I see some people in this thread relying on flavor or a dryer hit to indicate when to squonk. For me, the issue with this process is that once you notice it's time to squonk you've experienced a hit (or three) with raised coil temperature which is what happens when the flavor changes or you get a dryer hit, so your juice may have become degraded enough to cause some unhealthy chemicals to be created. It's pretty well documented on ECF that we can't tell by flavor when that starts to happen.

If we have a setup that drains the atty base after every squonk the only way to over-squonk with a negative result is to squeeze too hard and/or for too long so we get a leak out of the air holes. As long as we avoid that, there is no downside to squonking too often. Hope that makes some kind of sense :)

This is why I squonk often enough to avoid noticing any change in my vape. I found it pretty easy to get used to and it never detracted from my vape experience. As always, YMMV :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Another thing I've been doing when squonking on the hadaly is to look across the air holes and squonk until I see juice rising, let go, then vape. The atty is prone to oversquonking, so this works to prevent leaks out the air holes. Other rda's rda's with a bigger juice well wouldn't work this way, or if you can't see across the airholes, then this also wouldn't work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Liquid Feed APV Discussion from General Vaping Discussion

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.