How Smokeless Tobacco Can Save Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I have been keeping an eye on that video for a while. When I first found it there where about 25,000 hits. Now its over 85,000. I think it's getting well over a thousand hits a day with many comments from smokers who are now switching to smokeless. I have watched other videos of his and he's a very entertaining fellow.

He actually gives southern rednecks a good name.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
No problem! Got me to switch although i am still a bit scared

No reason to be scared as all forms of smokeless tobacco sold in the US are very low risk comparable to e-cigs. There is a big world of smokeless tobacco out there with dip being just one of them. Most people who hang out here use swedish snus which is a spitless form of moist snuff. Swedish snus is my mainstay but as of recent I occasionally pick up a can of Copenhagen. Nasal snuff is another type of smokeless I very much enjoy. I probably enjoy nasal snuff more then any other type of smokeless, but it is a bit messy and I can't do enough of it to satisfy me. It's a nice supplement to snus.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I never used dip before and thought that I would never use smokeless tobacco. It's like he said in the video about being brainwashed. I tried to quit smoking with vaping alone and it wasn't going very well so someone suggested that I try snus. Now I can't imagine a day without it. I've been using snus for a little over three years without any issues. It was definitely a game changer for me.

Faylool

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2012
    Sweet Home, Oregon USA
    I just joined the smokeless tobacco using snus and snuff after I bought a couple to try off the classifieds. So Stubby, that means my snus is as messy as my sniffing snuf still and I don't care! I'm not out in public with it often anyway. Friday. Doing a $150 dollar order or more for snus. Already ordered a bunch of snuff. I forget how many...a dozen or more? Mr. Snuff.
    I'm trying to figure out the best site. The shipping goes up as I buy more and kind defeats the purpose of stocking up at a certain point. I like loose. Why such a mess eh? I'll get it down.
    Snus might be replacing WTA if that gets regulated out of the pic. If it does I'll have fun trying to make my own baking soda /oil/ distilled water style...oh and C. I could do that. What do think will garner the highest percentage of WTAs? Snus, organic natural tobacco or snuff?

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Snus might be replacing WTA if that gets regulated out of the pic. If it does I'll have fun trying to make my own baking soda /oil/ distilled water style...oh and C. I could do that. What do think will garner the highest percentage of WTAs? Snus, organic natural tobacco or snuff?

Good question but there is no answer I can give. All of the smokeless tobacco products have WTA as they are a whole tobacco product. I seriously doubt anyone can give an answer as to if there is more or less of the minor alkaloids in snus, nasal snuff, dip, etc. I can say that for those of us that have struggled with the straight nicotine of standard e-liquid and found it unsatisfying, almost without fail we have found snus and other forms of smokeless tobacco to scratch the itch.

It's more a matter of finding something that works for you. For some people snus works well as it is very discreet and a none spit type of ST. Others like nasal snuff or dip for whatever personal reason. For me I like to dapple in all of them, but snus is my mainstay with nasal snuff a very nice supplement. Once you find something that works the rest really doesn't matter.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I think Dvap said that he had good results using extra strong snus for extraction but I don't know that it was any better than natural tobacco. To me it's a lot easier to just pop a portion in and enjoy than messing with trying to do an extraction myself. I do use some wta liquid occasionally and enjoy it. I don't necessarily need the wta in it since I'm using snus but to me it changes the whole feel of the vapor.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    From what I have read the risk of cancer from snus is essentially zero, and that comes from a number of sources. The risk from dip is so low at this point it is hard to find in studies. At worst it has a 10% to 20% increase risk for oral cancer compared to a non-tobacco user. The risk from smoking is somewhere around 800% to 1000% increased risk for oral cancer, not to mention all the other types of cancer, COPD, and a long list of other risk from smoking.

Smoking is perhaps 100 times more risky then smokeless. If there is an increased risk in dip compared to snus it is very slight.

As a point of interest moist snuff was invented in Sweden with what we now call snus. The Swedes who immigrated to the US missed their beloved snus and started making their own version which we now call dip. It's all related.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    jd, read the sticky at the top of this forum. Follow the links, read the study results and chemical analysis. Google tsna levels of snus. Educate yourself and go from there. These cancers are far higher in smokers. Sweden uses more clean oral tobacco than any other country but has the lowest rates of them. If the choice is to dip or smoke, dip away.

jdw89

Jan 20, 2013
    california
    jd, read the sticky at the top of this forum. Follow the links, read the study results and chemical analysis. Google tsna levels of snus. Educate yourself and go from there. These cancers are far higher in smokers. Sweden uses more clean oral tobacco than any other country but has the lowest rates of them. If the choice is to dip or smoke, dip away.

The only sticky I saw was the beginners guide about snus?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread