How to Fix Stuff

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And while we're on the topic of gutters, I had lots of black streaks and dulling on my white gutters. Truthfully, they were hideous and really took away from the looks of the house. I found a product that removed all the ugly black streaks and restored the shine to new. One of those products I thought would not work but it did and far exceeded my expectations. One bottle did my entire house and it was easy. No elbow grease required. Worth every penny!

https://www.amazon.com/KRUD-KUTTER-...888199&s=gateway&sprefix=Krud+,aps,154&sr=8-1

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
The ones KAS linked appear to be one of the better choices that I found in my somewhat limited research. Perhaps KAS has more info to add.

I don't really have anything to add, just tired of cleaning gutters, and don't want to pay thousands of dollars to have them installed. I had done a google search on gutter guards, and out of all the ones that I looked at. Those looked like the best design, and had good reviews. From what I saw on line they should be easy to install. :|

KAS

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And another great product for removing mildew and algae stains on your house. I spray it on and you can see it dissolving all the gross crap that grows on the eaves and siding. I pressure wash it off but truthfully a hose probably would be fine. A++ product! I think Home Depot sells it too. Mix with some bleach and dilute it with water in a garden sprayer. Really cleans up the house especially for those of us who live in the woods.

https://www.amazon.com/Jomax-Outdoo...eywords=Jomax&qid=1562888513&s=gateway&sr=8-1

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I never owned resin chairs so I’m not sure what it is. Did you try bleach?

Just those common plastic chairs and yes, I tried bleach, comet, magic eraser, mildew cleaner and everything else I could think of. I wouldn't care about most of these cheapo chairs but I really like these two and they are so comfortable. I think they could be painted but not sure I want to tackle that project.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Just those common plastic chairs and yes, I tried bleach, comet, magic eraser, mildew cleaner and everything else I could think of. I wouldn't care about most of these cheapo chairs but I really like these two and they are so comfortable. I think they could be painted but not sure I want to tackle that project.

It might sound kind of weird, but have you ever tried Windex? I use it a lot for cleaning the vinyl interior of my car, and works great on that. I don't have any of those chairs, but that is what I would have tried. If they are those smooth plastic ones, it should work. Textured ones would be a bit tougher though. That is the only thing I can think of. :unsure:

KAS

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    It might sound kind of weird, but have you ever tried Windex? I use it a lot for cleaning the vinyl interior of my car, and works great on that. I don't have any of those chairs, but that is what I would have tried. If they are those smooth plastic ones, it should work. Textured ones would be a bit tougher though. That is the only thing I can think of. :unsure:

KAS
    Power washing would be the only other thing I could think of.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Yes, tried windex and lots of other degreaser/cleaners. HD used to sell some product for cleaning these but I never tried it and don't know if it is still sold.

Lol, I tried power washing and it knocked the thing across the yard.
    Gotta pin it down with your foot. But keep the tip away from your foot unless you have no plans to use it again. :)

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    I don't really have anything to add, just tired of cleaning gutters, and don't want to pay thousands of dollars to have them installed. I had done a google search on gutter guards, and out of all the ones that I looked at. Those looked like the best design, and had good reviews. From what I saw on line they should be easy to install. :|

KAS

I have looked at the ones at HD and Amazon has these, and Honey says they have them on sale for $80 a box(48') around a major holidays. They look similar and installation is the same. Downside to Amazon is there no other size of box you could have in my case, a half of box left over.

https://www.amazon.com/Raptor-Gutte...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EBMX0T3GZSRFA6BZQQ6W

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    And while we're on the topic of gutters, I had lots of black streaks and dulling on my white gutters. Truthfully, they were hideous and really took away from the looks of the house. I found a product that removed all the ugly black streaks and restored the shine to new. One of those products I thought would not work but it did and far exceeded my expectations. One bottle did my entire house and it was easy. No elbow grease required. Worth every penny!

https://www.amazon.com/KRUD-KUTTER-Gutter-Cleaner-32-Ounce/dp/B000IO6PCK/ref=sr_1_1?crid=58SIST8246ET&keywords=krud+kutter+gutter+cleaner&qid=1562888199&s=gateway&sprefix=Krud+,aps,154&sr=8-1

Here's what I normally use for vinyl and gutters. It comes in many sizes and bottles depending if you are using a pressure washer or not. It's also a not too bad on cleaning the wooden deck and fencing.

https://www.amazon.com/Armor-FG503-...6589&s=gateway&sprefix=mold+ar,aps,157&sr=8-5

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    My project this weekend is replacing the shower head, recaulking the outside of the shower, replacing the vent fan/light, and installing a timer switch for the fan. Nothing hard just trying to stay up on the "honey do" list.

Thanks for the termite post, I know mine is ready to be redone. I'll wait till the fall, to jump on that, not digging on these 95° days.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I have looked at the ones at HD and Amazon has these, and Honey says they have them on sale for $80 a box(48') around a major holidays. They look similar and installation is the same. Downside to Amazon is there no other size of box you could have in my case, a half of box left over.

https://www.amazon.com/Raptor-Gutte...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EBMX0T3GZSRFA6BZQQ6W
    Nice find. I also have Honey installed on my laptop so that is useful sale information. Thanks. I am seriously considering gutterguards before Fall hits.

My project this weekend is replacing the shower head, recaulking the outside of the shower, replacing the vent fan/light, and installing a timer switch for the fan. Nothing hard just trying to stay up on the "honey do" list.

Thanks for the termite post, I know mine is ready to be redone. I'll wait till the fall, to jump on that, not digging on these 95° days.
    Right. While it really isn't too hard to use a pickaxe to go 6" down around the foundation it's still some work and better left in cooler weather to be sure. One tip...the ground next to the foundation can get dry and hard since it's under the eaves. If when you go to begin trenching and it's hard as a rock you might consider giving the ground a soaking before trenching. Should make it easier.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Great find, General.
    Well, I didn't really find it. My dad painted his IL house back in the early 80's and he bought one of those ladder stabilizers. After he died in 93 I kind of inherited it. It's been thru a lot and it shows but is structurally sound. Never used it for years. Actually kind of forgot about it laying in the nether-regions of the various crawl spaces I've had. Then about 10 years or so ago I bumped into it and said, "I need to be using this thing". And I have ever since. It props up not only against walls and fascia but also on the roof so you don't moosh the gutters leaning the ladder against them. Makes it a whole lot more stable and significantly lowers the sphincter pressure when crawling up to high positions.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I have a god-awful fear of heights even to watching heights on TV. Being a home owner sometimes calls for a refusal to submit to the fear. I hate ladders but have to use them periodically. Something like that could take a little of the pressure off.

Well, I didn't really find it. My dad painted his IL house back in the early 80's and he bought one of those ladder stabilizers. After he died in 93 I kind of inherited it. It's been thru a lot and it shows but is structurally sound. Never used it for years. Actually kind of forgot about it laying in the nether-regions of the various crawl spaces I've had. Then about 10 years or so ago I bumped into it and said, "I need to be using this thing". And I have ever since. It props up not only against walls and fascia but also on the roof so you don't moosh the gutters leaning the ladder against them. Makes it a whole lot more stable and significantly lowers the sphincter pressure when crawling up to high positions.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I have a god-awful fear of heights even to watching heights on TV. Being a home owner sometimes calls for a refusal to submit to the fear. I hate ladders but have to use them periodically. Something like that could take a little of the pressure off.
    You take the words right out of my mouth. I'd freeze when I got 10' off the ground. Forget about going to a second story. Sheer panic. But exactly as you say I had to get over this fear to do the things I needed to do with this house (e.g., cleaning gutters, power washing, painting, etc..). I did it as little as I could but man it shook me up. Did not like it at all! But I must say that ladder stabilizer reduces the .... clench factor in half. Makes a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread