rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I use Gorilla Glue for everything. I think they make one for ceramic and glass now but not sure. I use the original on anything that is cracked or broken. I am so not a fixit that for the longest time, I didn't know the area needed to be wet before applying the glue. It is a wonder anything held. Guess I should read directions.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I use Gorilla Glue for everything. I think they make one for ceramic and glass now but not sure. I use the original on anything that is cracked or broken. I am so not a fixit that for the longest time, I didn't know the area needed to be wet before applying the glue. It is a wonder anything held. Guess I should read directions.
    I didn’t know that either.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    Great thread @Bronze!

Best recent fix I learned was for a Logitech K750 solar keyboard I’ve had since 2011. I love it, so when it died the hunt began for a solution.

Even though it’s solar powered, the keyboard uses a rechargeable battery you can grab on Amazon for around $8.50. The keyboard will not work without a working battery.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJ3T188/

Do not try to use a regular CR2032 battery or you will have a fire! It must be ML2032.

The steps to replace it are easy, but you need to be very patient when removing the battery compartment.
    Logitech K750 Keyboard Battery Replacement

Keyboard works perfectly again!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    For anyone cursed with a garbage disposal, here’s the best cleaning method. I don’t use mine in the way they can be used, but it still clogs, has to be run and stinks up the joint!

1. Sprinkle in half a cup of baking soda.
    2. Slowly pour in a full cup of white vinegar.
    3. Let it bubble for a few minutes.
    4. Heat about 2 quarts of water in a pot until it’s nearly boiling.
    5. Pour in the hot water.
    6. Let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes.
    7. Run some cold water for a minute then run the disposal.
    8. Do this every week or two to keep the icky smell away.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    For anyone cursed with a garbage disposal, here’s the best cleaning method. I don’t use mine in the way they can be used, but it still clogs, has to be run and stinks up the joint!

1. Sprinkle in half a cup of baking soda.
    2. Slowly pour in a full cup of white vinegar.
    3. Let it bubble for a few minutes.
    4. Heat about 2 quarts of water in a pot until it’s nearly boiling.
    5. Pour in the hot water.
    6. Let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes.
    7. Run some cold water for a minute then run the disposal.
    8. Do this every week or two to keep the icky smell away.

This is also an excellent way to clear it when clogged and will not drain.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    my method of keeping the garbage disposer "clean"... throw in a couple handfuls of ice and let er rip... the ice breaks apart and "ice blasts" the interior removing all the yuckie stuff... then I pour about a cup of "Orange Cleaner" into it to remove any oily by products... let the cleaner sit for a couple of hours, resume normal living habits... :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    REFRIGERATOR WATER DISPENSER

Does your in-door water dispenser ever freeze up? GE refrigerators are famous for this. Usually they freeze up near the nozzle in the door. Bad insulation is what causes them to freeze. You can do two things to fix this problem. 1) use two sided tape and styrofoam board to line the dispenser housing that faces the freezer side, and 2) keep the light in the dispenser compartment on at all times. Make sure you use an incandescent bulb. The heat from the light bulb helps keep the nozzle area from freezing. Makes for a nice night light too when you want to raid the icebox in the middle of the night. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread