How to get nasty juice out of atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatPoshGirl

Aug 11, 2008
I tried some e-juide earlier that was absolutely horrible. It tasted like a men's locker room smells. Putrid, yuck. I only put two drops in the atomizer, but I can't seem to get it cleared out. I've tried just adding different juice and burning it off, but even after doing that a few times, and forcing myself to vape for several more drops, it is still nasty. Is there anything else I can try?

Last edited by a moderator:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
91+ % Isopropyl alcohol and a good rinse in water will also work as well. Just make sure that you let it dry for a day or two.

I am curious as to why an atty has to dry for a day or two. I can see it with a carto because of the filler material. Not saying it shouldn't have to be done. Just my natural curiousity (sp).

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
It takes a little bit for water to dry up in an atomizer. If you try and use it to quickly then the water will cause the atomizer to heat up to quickly. Which can lead to issues to where the coil gets to hot and pops all of a sudden.

Also, it will won't perform as well neither. Which was the biggest problem for me since the flavor, vapor, and TH was really off. You can use something like a hairdryer but, I found that has little effect in drying it. Lastly, you want to make sure if there is any iso that's left in there then it has time to evaporate. Really don't want to vape that stuff.

With cartos, it takes longer then you think. Especially when you live in an area like Western Washington that isn't to warm most of the time. So, it actually takes about a week to dry. If it's a EMDCC then it will take longer then that. Ultimately, that is only one reason why I stopped trying to clean cartos in general.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
I am curious as to why an atty has to dry for a day or two. I can see it with a carto because of the filler material. Not saying it shouldn't have to be done. Just my natural curiousity (sp).

Only if you use isopropyl, because vaping iso alcohol fumes could really make you sick. That's why I only use PGA or vodka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread