Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
I just started this and do to the burning toxic odors smells I think i am done. I have a few friends doing this and showed me all the way around this and not one worked.

Dont give up. Everyone gets that burnt hit when they are low on juice. If you are doing cart mods and getting even a little piece of that filler up in your atty you might always get extreme toxic hit. What nobody tells anyone is that the 510 attys are extreme machines and they burn filler. I don't know why I don't get as much support when I say to try a drip tip. They are the newest and best thing for e cigs. And I don't know why people wont start to tell the truth about the carts. I used to use carts and I got extremely nasty hits and after I got new attys and a drip tip I can tell when I need to drip long before I take that burnt hit draw. Plus when your dripping when you do get that burnt hit its not a combination of filler and what ever else causes the burnt hit. I'm sorry but if its a sin to speak my opinion that is mostly a fact then I give up.

livethechoice

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
I just started this and do to the burning toxic odors smells I think i am done. I have a few friends doing this and showed me all the way around this and not one worked.

When I first started with my 901 a year back, I had the same reaction. Honestly, I'm stoked I gave the 401 a chance before I did. That kept me going until the 510, and now I'm looking at an eGo. I can't tell you what to do, but I hope you give it another 30 days of trail and error. It's well worth it. The money that I've spent on new models, attys, and juice doesn't even compare to the amount I would have spent on $7.50 packs of American Spirits.

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
BababooeyHTJ, if you think you may have some of these then I would contact your supplier. The only way we can assure good QC out of China is to stay on top of this and let the vendors know.

Well, I ended up contacting the supplier and was told that he has had some reports of this issue with his latest batch of attys. It's not as widespread as before but a bit random. I'm going to crack open the third and see how it works.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Well, I ended up contacting the supplier and was told that he has had some reports of this issue with his latest batch of attys. It's not as widespread as before but a bit random. I'm going to crack open the third and see how it works.

Thanks for reporting back to us. It sounds like you have a good supplier. Many blamed the last batch on user error even with the proof we had of inferior mesh used in the manufacturing.

WarrLordd

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
This has always happen when i first started to vape.

I use to think that i did need to clean it but very much i didn't what i needed to do is control my vape as in always check how many times i take a drag each time i top up.

Getting the atty to dry causes the poly filler to burn after a while this is located inside the coil.

Always keep it moist and wet. The best mod to avoid tasting burn is taking out the bridge and take the poly filter out which makes it a drippers dream but be aware that ur liquid won't always stay in place now it could always leak and go down to the battery (which isn't a problem since there's no holes in 510 batterys)

Also each juice you use on each atty is a big help. I notice when i use tobacco flav on a new atty it tends to keep going if i use only that juice but after if i mistakely use a sweet juice like pineapple or something it goes on but dies after a week or so.

----------------------

Speaking of burnt poly this has me thinking the only none chemical stuff that do actually burn after a while is the poly located inside the coil.. Knowing how the FDA is on the bridge trying to distory e-cig what if the poly filter material is the issue on all this bad talk about e-cig i mean looking at the FDA video seeing them testing the device constantly they prob burn the attys so bad or made it get that burnt taste like this user posted about. :oops:

Last edited:

Stonemull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Speaking of burnt poly this has me thinking the only none chemical stuff that do actually burn after a while is the poly located inside the coil..

Its not poly, seems to be glass fibre, removed some a while back and heated it with a cigarette lighter, after it got red hot it melted to a fibre with a ball of glass on the end.

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
I got 3 of these attys myself. I noticed 2 things about them, The nickel mesh is much larger/wider than on my other atomizers and the black paint on them scratches off easily. I wonder if these 3 I got are knockoffs and not Joye at all. I've ordered attys from 3 different places but only a quantity of 3 from one place so I think that is where the bad one's I got came from. I tried both dripping and carts, dripping first to be sure it wasn't contaminated by anything in the cart. I also inspected the cart after and it was in pristine condition, not hot, and the filler still perfect white. I tried either way with all 3 dripping and cart. If I dripped so much that it started coming out by the battery and on my hands I could get about 2 hits then that awful awful absolutely rancid taste that would burn my throat and make me almost puke would be there. All 3 were exactly like this. It isn't a taste even remotely similar to a dry atty or even primer it is just horrid beyond belief. I have trashed them and not gonna return them becuase I can't be certain for sure where I got them since I have had all my spare atomizers in the same box and I believe I have already had them longer than the return period. I am just glad that I still have 5 good ones. I accidentally trashed one of my 2 that I had been using because I melted something in it then tried to get it out with tweezers and pulled out some wick so it's pretty hard to keep that one from getting that dry atty taste. So now I have 2 good ones to rotate and 3 spares. One more thing to add I also gave them a 3 hour bath in alcohol and ran the alcohol through them at least 10 times each then gave them a very thorough flush with very hot water and then blew them out and let them dry for almost 24 hours. Also keep in mind that I am in a desert climate and things around here dry very fast. I also melted some fluval just on it's own purposely with a cigarette lighter and smelled it and it is nothing like what the attys smelled/tasted like.

PS- I'm just glad at this point to have separated those 3 out and know I still have 5 good ones, last night when I first stumbled upon these looking for a replacement for the one that I messed up I got that taste stuck in my nose and throat and thought they all tasted that way and I might not be able to vape anymore. But now I have a new one that is working excellent with my fluval stuffed cartridge and is tasting good like it should. :) I don't have to worry about primer taste for awhile either since I have 5 very well cleaned attys. :vapor:

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I could get about 2 hits then that awful awful absolutely rancid taste that would burn my throat and make me almost puke would be there. All 3 were exactly like this. It isn't a taste even remotely similar to a dry atty or even primer it is just horrid beyond belief.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about! Luckily I haven't bought any since I started this post. But I had 8 bad ones from the same supplier. I didn't get anything replaced even though i was promised something. Oh well, I've moved on from that supplier.

I'm concerned that either you received an old batch or that the mfg is doing the same thing they did back at the beginning of the year! Do you mind naming the vendor you bought these from? I know it may be more than one vendor but at least naming the one you know for sure?

I still think you should send the vendor an email so they can to be on the lookout and don't act like they don't know there's a problem.

Does your nichrome mesh look messier than the good ones? Kind of all-over-the-place instead of a neat pile?

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I use 801's, as a penstyle and then with Janty Sticks for the last year.
But I too have had LOTS of those nasty burned attys; I cut down the cart length, use fresh inserts (fluval) careful about how dense or light they are, and still am getting burned!!
I take great precaution about letting anything go beyond dry...have been very happy with vapor production with 801's, but I think the scorching problem is inherent with 801's just like 510's. Now I just go get a new atty, but still perplexed with the problem. I really do think it's a production problem, but who takes complaints??? If anyone has the customer service number in China for the SLB atty#10711 I'd love to have it.
It does make you think it's time to quit!! every time it happens. But then the old "Panic" rears it's ugly head. So I don't think I'm quite ready to give up vaping just yet.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
LittleMiss I used those for awhile too, performance was ok, but overall useful life was comparable to Joye302. The warranty is useful but gets to be a hassle for an atty that costs nearly twice as much to purchase. Add on the cost to return a couple times and it's really cost prohibitive without much advantage.
So has been awhile since I ordered any, so maybe you have the right idea. But I'll have to wait till next month to order a half dozen. I'd have to assume Janty has input with the manufacturer probably more than other suppliers. That may be a misguided assumption though. It may have more to do with marketing than quality control. I really do think it's a manufacturing issue, industry wide. Consumables are where suppliers make the bulk of their profit.

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
I believe (about 95% sure) that the 3 atomizers I got that were these horrid disgusting abominations were Bauways. When I ordered them I simply ordered 510 attys and didn't even look at the manufacturer. You can be sure that in the future I am only buying Joye or Janty attys or cartomizers for now on, and from vendors that guarantee that they are such. In a little over a week when I get paid I plan to make the move to the eGo. 900mah batteries and XL cartomizers for some nice lasting juice and batteries, having to refill and change batteries all the time didn't bother me much for the first couple months I vaped but is starting to get pretty annoying to me now. It may also have to do with the fact that I am coming up on 3 full weeks of being completely cigarette free and I think my vaping has increased a little because I stopped having those 1-3 analogs a day I did the first 7 weeks or so. I'll probably still use my standard 510 a little bit, for taste testing before before I fill a big carto or if I just want a few puffs of a different flavor but I'm thinking the eGo will soon become my go to device, especially when I'm away from the house for a good part of the day and don't want to be bothered with carrying a PCC an extra battery and a bottle of juice or having to refill. I would probably still recommend the 510 as a starter kit though, and I also have to say I really appreciate how far it has gotten me and it did get me off analogs. So anyway I am really looking forward to going to the eGo and I've seen some really good reviews for the eGo XL cartos on youtube.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Denrock, all I use are eGos and box mods at home. You'll love it!!! Be sure to pick up an LR atty and a drip tip and you'll be set. I bought a few LR attys from Eastmall for $3 about 6 months ago and they're all still going strong. Haven't lost one yet and I'm a heavy vaper.

Maybe Joye sold their defective nichrome to Bauway. LOL It wouldn't surprise me.

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
Denrock, all I use are eGos and box mods at home. You'll love it!!! Be sure to pick up an LR atty and a drip tip and you'll be set. I bought a few LR attys from Eastmall for $3 about 6 months ago and they're all still going strong. Haven't lost one yet and I'm a heavy vaper.

Maybe Joye sold their defective nichrome to Bauway. LOL It wouldn't surprise me.

Sometime eventually I think I'll probably get some Mega Ego attys and carts. Maybe even one or two with this next order but probably gonna pass on LR attys I have a 5v pass-through I can use with the standard attys for warmer stronger vaping. I have a drip tip already but yes I am getting another, getting a wide mouth tip so I can just drip and not remove and replace the tip all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread