How to kill your Mini-pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Driving home today I tried to change the battery and put it in upside down by mistake. After realizing what I had done it was too late. Now it just flashes three times when you hit it. Someone else had mentioned theirs doing this and I believe this is why. As you pipe owners know, these batteries have no markings on them at all and in poor light and difficult situations it is easy to make this mistake. So take my advice and a sharpie and mark your batteries or you may inadvertently kill your beloved mini-pipe.

Thank you for your time, The memorial services will be tomorrow at 5:00 for any who wish to attend.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
sorry to hear that vince. no markings? how do you tell what's what??
i think i'm going to go in on a bulk order with some friends and give it try.
i'll take your advice about the sharpie and spread the word.

are you guys still happy with them?
any tips for a noob? lol

I am still very happy with my pipe.....I don't get much luck with atomizers giving me great vapour for much over a week but that isn't anything to do with the pipe itself.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Thank you guys, yes I'm taking it pretty hard. But I was wise enough to already have a brand new pipe sitting here so I will make it.(ordered 2) hehe. In good light and when you actually look at the battery for more then a second you can tell top from bottom by the four tiny holes in the top.
I think Smokinduece will have "heads" pretty soon anyway.
I will now have to do a complete autopsy to determine exact cause of death. Pretty sure it will be the circuitry at fault.
This may be time for me to bring a "Frankenstein" pipe back to life with a manual switch. If I can just get it apart without to much damage. Seems glued pretty solid, I'll try some heat first and go from there.
Once you have a mini-pipe nothing else will do, Maybe a Dura(I alternate) Some days I use my pipe all day on one battery, It runs down on the way home. Note to self-change battery BEFORE starting home.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
sorry to hear that vince. no markings? how do you tell what's what??
i think i'm going to go in on a bulk order with some friends and give it try.
i'll take your advice about the sharpie and spread the word.

are you guys still happy with them?
any tips for a noob? lol

There is also a little ridge about 2mm from the positive side. I suppose in the dark you could feel it by running a fingernail along the side. I always have to take a good look before placing a battery into the charger, or into the pipe itself.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Carol, Most penstyle atomizers will work with a little modification. the problem is the chrome band stops the internal pole from connecting. If you grind or file down the band a little it will make connection and work. Some will seal off at the pipe and you just put a couple of little notches in the band for air flow.
The SS ones from Best will work with no mods.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
sorry i don't understand , i'm dutch what is notches?

Hallo carol

notch (ww.)opening (de ~ (v)), gleuf (de ~), sleuf (de ~), kier (de ~), keep (de ~ (m)), inkeping (de ~ (v)), kerf (de ~ (m)), inkerving (de ~ (v)), kerven, in hout schrijven, kerfsnede (znw.), insnijden, creneleren, kepen, inkerven, inkepen, een inkeping maken, soort vink (znw.), kartelen, kartels krijgen

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Thank you Sanneke, You are right on time. The atomizers from Bestecig- BE112 will work on any device that uses penstyle DSE801 or RN4072 atomizers. I don't know what your 'driver uses or the other but if they use penstyles they will work. Your original pipe atomizer may not work on other devices even if it fits on because the original brings air in through four inner holes and others "breath" around the edge. The center hole is for activation of the vacuum switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread