The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mini Pipe atomizer review....the results are in!

Discussion in 'Mini Pipe' started by ZambucaLu, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Antig

Antig Full Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Hi all,

I just got my mini pipe and I'm having sort of a bittersweet experience. I really love this thing because it is really cool. However, it seems like the pre-filled carts that it comes with produce more vapor than filling it up myself (I'm filling it up all the way). It is probably because the prefilled carts have glycerin which leads me to look for a better atomizer.

I've read these 10 pages but got quite lost. Which brand atomizer are you guys using? What made me lost was how the different color atomizers from puresmoker performed differently.

I know that all 801 attys are different so which suppliers did you buy them from? I need some desperate help!

2. surbitonPete

surbitonPete Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
  3. Vapor Fiend

Vapor Fiend Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2009
    Cali4nia
    I didn't want to start another thread but I'm just wondering which way is the correct way to put the batteries in the charger. My charger came with no markings.

4. Danridge

Danridge Full Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2009
    Elkton MD
    Put the positive end of the battery (notched end) toward the led on the charger.

5. Vapor Fiend

Vapor Fiend Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2009
    Cali4nia
    OK.. The mini-pipe is not a good product. That's all there is to it.

I take excellent care of mine, always use fully charged batteries, never over fill it etc etc..
    It just doesn't perform anymore. The lifespan of these things is like a week and a half. If you've had it working for months, you're doing some kind of mod. All in all, don't buy this thing it's a waste of money.

6. Loiner

Loiner New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    UK
    Hi - newbie here
    Bought a lady er mini pipe about 6 weeks back after reading around subject and seeing it seemed to be more useable than most options in terms of vape and battery. Spotted problem that atomizers might not last long so bought an extra spare and an 801 as well. Found the 801 I got was not as good. Was surprised to find the first pipe atomizer I got is still going strong all this time after with no sign of problems. All I do is blow it and stand it on its end now and then. Not a heavy vaper as yet - still using analogues some of the time (easing up to making the transition!). Anyway that is my experience. :)

7. Rusty

Rusty Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2009
    Yorkshire, England
    A month tomorrow on the mini pipe with no real cigarettes or tobacco products. I am still using the same atomiser. I love it.

Do the 801 atomisers fit it or not????

I get confused

Rusty

8. KreeL

KreeL Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I'm on the same atty with mine as well. I don't blow it out, I don't even unscrew it.

To answer your question - some 801 attys work (apparently), but some don't. Seems to be the way the air holes line up.

9. tee217

tee217 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2009
    michigan
    Just a quick bit of info, Ordered a 801 atty from rockymountain and it works great no modding needed, draw a little tighter,not to much though.

10. mickey223

mickey223 Full Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Anywhere else to get atomizers? Checked Rockymountain and out of stock, Eastmall won't ship unless you order $50 worth of stuff. I'm new to this and have the 601 pipe as well, but love the mini for its portability.

11. maskgeek

maskgeek Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2009
    Philippines
    Hey guys, I just tried an 801 atty on my lady pipe after reading this thread. I got mine from ruyandirect.com. I noticed there is more flavor and vapor from the 801. I did have to file the end of the 801 atty a bit so that it could make contact. Thanks for the tip!

12. maskgeek

maskgeek Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2009
    Philippines
    On another note, I tried the lady pipe atty on a 801 battery. It gave poor performance. Thus concluding that 801 atty is great for the Lady Pipe.

13. mickey223

mickey223 Full Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Order the atomizers from bestecig be112 series and they work great...no modifications and plenty of vapor....good throat hit.

14. nvlystd

nvlystd Full Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Port Angeles WA USA
    First post on the forum as I'm returning the NJOY NPRO to Costco as soon as the mini-pipe ordered from EastMall arrives. Also ordered the 20 flavor e-liquid pack with spare atty, blank carts & extra atom. Was going to order the DSE601 but as a newbie light analog smoker decided on the less expensive model. So far I'm impressed with EastMall as it took less than 3 hours for receipt of shipment & tracking email. Will post again after delivery :rolleyes:

15. rannie

rannie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    When I tried the 801 atty for the mini pipe...I was certain I found my PV of choice! Can't wait for my be112 attys! Thanks for the heads up maskgeek!

Rannie

16. nvlystd

nvlystd Full Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Port Angeles WA USA
    Eastmall, as expected, delivered my Mini yesterday, only 5 business days after order was received by David in China. Batteries must have been charged prior to shipping as they took far less than 3-4 hours to charge. Not sure about the instruction manual's usefullness as it spends more time explaining what the e-cig is instead of how to use it properly. As far as the vape is concerned I'm not getting a consistent throat & steam hit. I even loaded the cart with as much e-liquid as it could take but no change. Perhaps a break in time frame?:confused:

17. Fisherman

Fisherman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2009
    UK
    That might be adding to your problem. Others have said that carts which are too moist dont vape well.

18. nvlystd

nvlystd Full Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Port Angeles WA USA
    Yes, I thought about that but then the question is how many drops is best for a clean cart & or a used one? As a rookie vaperer I'm kind of winging it picking up tips on occasion here. :|

19. Fisherman

Fisherman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2009
    UK
    I made the mistake of pulling out the cart filler to wash it out and refill with my favourite juice. It was only then that I noticed that the filler had been glued to the cart (to stop it slipping out and sticking to the atty) and I have now lost that bond. Straight away, the filler was sticking to the atty bridge (something which I know can be a problem with the mini pipe).

20. kebochina
    This message by kebochina has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 22, 2009, Reason: spammer.
    Oct 22, 2009
  21. icemangrafx

icemangrafx Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    L.A
    Hi,

I have used the mini pipe before. The best is to put a few drops about 3~4 drops onto the cartridge and 2 drops onto the atty, if it is new. Let it sit a while and try puffing. Give a few primer puffs if you are on auto, it will give ample vapor and great throat hit. In order to get good TH and vapor, you need freshly charged batteries. If it is too wet or flooded, it won't work that well.

After sometime with experience, you will roughly know how much to fill in to get a good smoke out of it. Anyway, I still miss my pipe, as I only have a single atomizer which died on me. The fun ended. I'm waiting to get new atomizer but this will take sometime as shipping cost is expensive for just a mere few atty... Even my KR808 doesn't give this amount of vapor, but has a good TH. Waiting for the megaladon..

Regards,
    Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.