How to maintain your Joye-T atomizer... ...PROPERLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done everything; dry burn, ultrasonic, blowing the living .... out of it, 420 cleaner, vodka, you name it i've tried it. Vicky from cignot is the only one that got it. You need a tool (fine alligator clips, hemostat) small enough to grab the pierce or pierce base. I have a 510 tank by my side and i used the hemostat to just grab the pierce (my hemostat is not fine enough to grab the base), the metal is strong enough to the initial removal, afterwards it's smooth maintenance from then on out. I did the same to my Ego-T and it brought it back to life. My wick was spread out everywhere which was why the element was heating up super fast and little to no vapor, just metallic flavor.

Also, due to the tank design, the reason for lack of flavor is simple, about 50% or less of the coil is in contact with the wick. less surface area, less vaporization, less flavor. I've tested this and removed the pierce and drip vaped for about 5 minutes, the flavor is that comparable to the CE2's minus the metal tin taste i've been rocking while attempting to maintain the tanks without the proper tool.

Try not to blow into the atomizer when clearing it when the wick is still in. remove the pierce and wick first then blow; other wise you'll have a frayed wick over time. which loses contact to the coils

When you blow out the atomiser if it's flooded or cleaning, the wick will fray and spread losing contact to the element. The the coils MUST be dryburned and afterwards the wick MUST be readjusted. My atomizers are so happy right now, it's like day 1. I myself skipped brushing the coils, i dry burned, blew it out and reassembled.

Last edited:

DonD13

Aug 25, 2010
Illinois
I agree Vicky figured it out. I was totally aggravated before I saw her video. I have a group of attys that have each been cleaned 4 or 5 times and they are still performing like new, and they are LR!

Vicky is a heck of a gal and has cost herself sales by producing that video. She is about as honest and sincere as they come. She gets almost all of my hardware business, which isn't much now that she has taught me how to make my stuff last longer!

DonD13

Aug 25, 2010
Illinois
I am kind of down on the tank right now myself. The last half a dozen attys I have purchased have been
crap. I'll wait for the new version of the tank to come out before I vape with it again. In the meantime, the ressurector LR cartos I got from Crystal Clear Vaping are doing the trick. I really dislike using cartos, but I am tired of throwing money away on the current version of the tank system.

Cobber

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Kingston Ontario
www.itsjustvapor.com
Awesome video, will definitely refer back to this one. One question, will cleaning the atty help with the tank leaking?

I have found the silicone caps for the takes to be the greatest thing even ... it has eliminated the leaks all together with my ego-t. I picked ine up online fore about $2 for 5 and they are AWESOME.

Cobber

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Kingston Ontario
www.itsjustvapor.com
Does any one have a picture of the wick installed into the piercer thingy. I cleaned my atty out last night to get rid of a terrable tasting juice and I can't seem to get the wick back into the right spot. It eithor doesn't touch the coil and i get yucky burnt atty or it floods the atty and gurgles with very little vape and taste. So i just want to know how far the wick should be stcking out of the hat/piercer thingy.

Thanks

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Hi everyone.
I just got my joyetech ego-t a couple days ago. I love it, but every single atty I try with a tank gives off a metallic taste. Only happens when using tanks. Cartos are fine, but I prefer the taste and vapor of tanks (minus that metal taste)

Will cleaning the atty out help? To help diagnose the problem, I'll add that when this happens, I get a very good throat-hit and lots of vapor, even from juices which usually don't produce throathit and vapor, which makes me think I'm vaping something very bad and unhealthy :(

Any assistance appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread