The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to maintain your Joye-T atomizer... ...PROPERLY

Discussion in 'Atomizer Issues' started by DynamiteShikoku, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DynamiteShikoku

DynamiteShikoku Full Member

Mar 2, 2011
    North America
    I've done everything; dry burn, ultrasonic, blowing the living .... out of it, 420 cleaner, vodka, you name it i've tried it. Vicky from cignot is the only one that got it. You need a tool (fine alligator clips, hemostat) small enough to grab the pierce or pierce base. I have a 510 tank by my side and i used the hemostat to just grab the pierce (my hemostat is not fine enough to grab the base), the metal is strong enough to the initial removal, afterwards it's smooth maintenance from then on out. I did the same to my Ego-T and it brought it back to life. My wick was spread out everywhere which was why the element was heating up super fast and little to no vapor, just metallic flavor.

Also, due to the tank design, the reason for lack of flavor is simple, about 50% or less of the coil is in contact with the wick. less surface area, less vaporization, less flavor. I've tested this and removed the pierce and drip vaped for about 5 minutes, the flavor is that comparable to the CE2's minus the metal tin taste i've been rocking while attempting to maintain the tanks without the proper tool.

Try not to blow into the atomizer when clearing it when the wick is still in. remove the pierce and wick first then blow; other wise you'll have a frayed wick over time. which loses contact to the coils

When you blow out the atomiser if it's flooded or cleaning, the wick will fray and spread losing contact to the element. The the coils MUST be dryburned and afterwards the wick MUST be readjusted. My atomizers are so happy right now, it's like day 1. I myself skipped brushing the coils, i dry burned, blew it out and reassembled.

2. KJT2011

KJT2011 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2011
    USA
    I am a newb and am very curious to try this but don't want to mess anything up :/ but I'm happy I found this post!

3. DonD13

DonD13 Full Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Illinois
    I agree Vicky figured it out. I was totally aggravated before I saw her video. I have a group of attys that have each been cleaned 4 or 5 times and they are still performing like new, and they are LR!

Vicky is a heck of a gal and has cost herself sales by producing that video. She is about as honest and sincere as they come. She gets almost all of my hardware business, which isn't much now that she has taught me how to make my stuff last longer!

4. trunkwontopen

trunkwontopen Full Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Saginaw, MI
    I love Vicki from Cignot. Anyone at work that sees me vaping asks where I got it, and i ALWAYS refer them to Cignot. That video is what i used to clean my eGo-T atty, and it really works. Only thing is that the wick can fray extremely easy to the extent where it wont make good contact with the heating element.

5. DonD13

DonD13 Full Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah the wicks are the weak link in the chain. When your atty's die, make sure you keep the wick out of it if it is worth saving.

6. mswolflady

mswolflady Full Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Tupelo, MS
    Awesome video, will definitely refer back to this one. One question, will cleaning the atty help with the tank leaking?

7. DonD13

DonD13 Full Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Illinois
    It won't fix a leaking tank. However you may find that an improperly set wick will make you think a tank is leaking when it really isn't. I have even had instances where the wick will fall out of the atty completely. When this happens the juice will make a mess of your atty in fairly short order.

8. SantoLoco

SantoLoco Full Member

Nov 10, 2011
    New Orleans
    No time to do all that.. I stopped using my tank system , just don't work for me anymore.
    back to dripping..:vapor:

9. DonD13

DonD13 Full Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Illinois
    I am kind of down on the tank right now myself. The last half a dozen attys I have purchased have been
    crap. I'll wait for the new version of the tank to come out before I vape with it again. In the meantime, the ressurector LR cartos I got from Crystal Clear Vaping are doing the trick. I really dislike using cartos, but I am tired of throwing money away on the current version of the tank system.

10. Cobber

Cobber Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    Kingston Ontario
    I have found the silicone caps for the takes to be the greatest thing even ... it has eliminated the leaks all together with my ego-t. I picked ine up online fore about $2 for 5 and they are AWESOME.

11. Cobber

Cobber Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    Kingston Ontario
    Does any one have a picture of the wick installed into the piercer thingy. I cleaned my atty out last night to get rid of a terrable tasting juice and I can't seem to get the wick back into the right spot. It eithor doesn't touch the coil and i get yucky burnt atty or it floods the atty and gurgles with very little vape and taste. So i just want to know how far the wick should be stcking out of the hat/piercer thingy.

Thanks

12. DonD13

DonD13 Full Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Illinois
    You should push the mesh part of the wick up to where you can just see it starting to come out of the spike. However if your wick has deteriorated and therefor is now shorter, you may have to push it down a bit. But as I explained is a good starting point.

13. DrMagick

DrMagick Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Australia
    Hi everyone.
    I just got my joyetech ego-t a couple days ago. I love it, but every single atty I try with a tank gives off a metallic taste. Only happens when using tanks. Cartos are fine, but I prefer the taste and vapor of tanks (minus that metal taste)

Will cleaning the atty out help? To help diagnose the problem, I'll add that when this happens, I get a very good throat-hit and lots of vapor, even from juices which usually don't produce throathit and vapor, which makes me think I'm vaping something very bad and unhealthy :(

Any assistance appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.