How To: The New and Improved NicoStick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradiso

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
MA - USA
Man, I really want to learn how to do this stuff... or marry an engineer geek. I really want to use the m401/2 because I am a dipper and the wick is not recessed so it just sucks up what it needs and no more.

If you have the inclination and patience, you can do it.
I'm waiting for some of the parts, then I'll be making a 402 NicoStick.

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
So will the Atomizers be banned as it's part of e-smoking, there will be nothing sold by suppliers in order to stock pile~Rick

I thought they were banned in Oz...No?

And If I'm not mistaken, ......., heroine, ...., Cuban Cigars, and a host of other things are banned/illegal in the US. Yet somehow, people manage to acquire them.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

And If I'm not mistaken, ......., heroine, ...., Cuban Cigars, and a host of other things are banned/illegal in the US. Yet somehow, people manage to acquire them.

Bri--the point being that a lot of people do not skirt with the law at all--me included--can I get a Cuban Cigar? Yes Will I get one--NO--because it is illegal---Sun

Harry Crazington

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Las Vegas
Thanks everyone for your interest and kind words:oops:. I will be back in a few hours to continue posting the How To:cool:. Right this minute, I need a nap. I have crossed the threshold into cranky territory.:(

Excellent mod Nicowolf I'm collecting the parts & pieces to make one.
Just wondering about the gauge of the wires you are using & stranded or solid?
Also what battery charger would you recommend?

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA

The wires are the 6" leads that were part of the original box. They are stranded. I did try solid wire in my Magnum mods and it only complicated it as the wire was so stiff it was hard to bend it into those tight quarters. I was using bell wire then (the smallest solid I could find).

As for the charger, I bought this one. DealExtreme: $8.81 TrustFire All-in-One Charger (for 10430/10440/14500/16340 /17670/18650/CR123A). I bought most of my batteries from there as well. Most places that sell the battery also sell a charger similar to this one. Mostly I was looking for a charger that could do mix charging (charging batteries of different capacities, charge levels at the same time) and that had overcharge protection.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Disclaimer: I did not think to take pics as I did the New and Improved version, so I will be using pics from the one I did have the foresight to document step by step. The pics will show a smaller box and a smaller battery and a smaller switch. The wiring does not change at all. For those of you who are too eager to get started to wait for me to post the instructions specific to the current box, you can use the instructions from the other thread and work around the small differences.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA

In General For These Mods & Voltages I Use & Recommend # 20 to # 24 Gauge (Lower Number is Thicker Wire) Stranded Wire. Stranded is Much Easier To Work With and Won't Snap & Break As Easy. Your Only Going To Use Small / Short Pieces So This Is More Then Fine.

FYI: Bell Wire or Telephone Wire Comes In Different Gauges (Thickness of Wire).

I Also Use Several TrustFire Brand Battery Chargers, They Are Fine To Use. Pick The Model (s) For The Batts U Are Going To Use.

Hope That Helps! :D

Keep Vapin!

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Ok, folks. I have a small bit of bad news for ya. The Radio Shack version of the size AA boxes are not as easily remedied as the size AAA boxes were. With time and imagination and some skill with hand tools, it can be worked around, but I do not have the patience or time to do it, take pictures of it, and type out the how to for it. The problem is that the 2xAA box is set up left-handed in comparison to all the other boxes I have and the screw that hold the lid on is mounted in the middle of where we would need to put the switch. Salvaging a switch from the 4xAA box would mean either resoldering the switch or creating our own way of holding the switch in place and disregarding the polarities engraved inside the box. Like I said, it can be done if you have the patience, I just don't have the patience right now.

Harry Crazington

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Las Vegas
In General For These Mods & Voltages I Use & Recommend # 20 to # 24 Gauge (Lower Number is Thicker Wire) Stranded Wire. Stranded is Much Easier To Work With and Won't Snap & Break As Easy. Your Only Going To Use Small / Short Pieces So This Is More Then Fine.

Thanks Cellmeister, I just noticed that the Powerizer AA box web page says at the bottom that it comes with 6 inches of #26 gauge stranded, as Nicowolf indicated that should be plenty to do the mod, so I won't need to buy any wire anyway.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Hi Rickstar. I am not the grammar police. If I can understand someone without giving myself a headache, I leave the grammar and spelling stuff alone. This is the internet after all, and we are trying to convey our ideas in a timely way - not consulting dictionaries and such.
You have a short memory eh Nico? You, walrus and candygirl use to give me a hard time about my grammar, punctuation and the like when i first started chatting on here, that must have slipped your mind?, oh well:)

As for the content of your post, I prefer to leave the political and legal talk in the law forum. I detest politics, it always ends up with me feeling frustrated and powerless. Making mods makes me feel like I have the power to change maybe one little aspect of the experience for myself.

Regarding stockpiling, everyone must make these decisions for themselves. Personally, I have a modest stockpile of liquid as this is the part I worry about - heating coils are plentiful and electrical power is plentiful. Clean nicotine, I am not so sure of.

I have faith that some higher Being is looking out for me and that I have not been brought to this point only to be let down. Some good will come of this thread of my life.

When it comes to nicotine, I am a self-proclaimed addict and entirely unapologetic about it. I will go to whatever length is necessary to get my fix. I have done much worse than a clandestine drug deal for the sake of procuring my precious nicotine. If someone would tell me how to inject it intravenously, I might just do it. I am a junky and the FDA cannot stop a junky. If they could, there would be no heroine, ectasy, crack, or any other mind altering substance in existence on the street.

I do not spend my time worrying about the what ifs. I spend it pondering and researching how could I....(insert objective here).

Thanks for the props on the mod though.
Anyway as for atts and e-cigarettes in general if there is to be a ban in the US then it will be a short lived one while the greedy governments haggles over the tax take in order to compensate for the lost tobacco revenue:) in the mean time I’m fairly sure a back yard operator will be dealing out illegal atomizers if a ban hits, I am already a “criminal” of sorts every time i require my nicotine liquids from china but i hardly have a choice as going back to analogs is not a desired or expectable outcome. I have never! broken the law in my life and it disturbs and degusts me that my own government has placed an otherwise law biding citizen into such an untenable position.. the e-cigarette it self has no official ban on it here in Australia per-say, its not an offence to own the vaporizing device here in OZ but! the liquid nicotine itself to buy/possess or use is an offence.

if I felt they were truly just looking out for are health then the situation and stress from worrying about getting into trouble when buying nicotine would be a little more easier to understand and take ..if the USA is no longer aloud to buy or manufacture and distribute these devices then it truly is game over because the USA makes up 75 to 80% of the buying market, you think china manufactures are going to keep there factories running for the 20 to 25% of the rest of us, profitable? Me thinks not.

I do not spend my time worrying about the what ifs
<== some of us don’t have the luxury of being so blazay about it Nico, as we don’t have your obvious Mod making skills mate. Hench!, some blueprints would go well with my breakfast right about now?;) It’s worth giving it a try, who knows some of us might find skills we never thought we had heh

Lets just hope greater sense prevails and somebody on the hill is looking out for all of us e-addicted-smokers and not self interests …but good luck to you Nico and your obvious high nicotine dependency “inject it intravenously” I’m a hard core nico addict but even i have my limits haha ..lets us know when you ever start your own mod production line? I’ll be in that for a Mod or two

..I just hope i can build a Mod that does not force me to suck in too many solder fumes as it emits way to many if not constructed correctly and can damage your health, your Mods don't do that do they Nico??;)~Rick

Last edited:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast

NO

for the umteenth time.........
only the nicotine liquid
and anything containing the nicotine liquid
is banned

Di .....
Are fix is on it's way in the mail my dear;) ..Just thought i would let you know....

oh!! and tell us again bad/mad-bunny, so it's not the e-cig but the Nico liquid itself that is banned right!!?:pervy:~Rick

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Are fix is on it's way in the mail my dear;) ..Just thought i would let you know....

oh!! and tell us again bad/mad-bunny, so it's not the e-cig but the Nico liquid itself that is banned right!!?:pervy:~Rick

Rick, could you please go spew your anger and resentment elsewhere? This thread is about a mod, not laws or importation or anything else.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
Ok, folks. I have a small bit of bad news for ya. The Radio Shack version of the size AA boxes are not as easily remedied as the size AAA boxes were. With time and imagination and some skill with hand tools, it can be worked around, but I do not have the patience or time to do it, take pictures of it, and type out the how to for it. The problem is that the 2xAA box is set up left-handed in comparison to all the other boxes I have and the screw that hold the lid on is mounted in the middle of where we would need to put the switch. Salvaging a switch from the 4xAA box would mean either resoldering the switch or creating our own way of holding the switch in place and disregarding the polarities engraved inside the box. Like I said, it can be done if you have the patience, I just don't have the patience right now.

Nico. I happened to pick up a slide switch (radio shack part 275-409) during my last foray, since I decided that it was dumb to buy a 4 AA box just for the switch in my 2 AA box. Because of the screw issue, I merely located the switch on the side of the box below the location of my Size N connector. Since it's waaay too late right now, I'll take some photos and try to figure out how to attach them tomorrow. :D

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Rick, could you please go spew your anger and resentment elsewhere? This thread is about a mod, not laws or importation or anything else.
waaa?, I'm angry? an resentful? Nico....i think you missunderstand .. Only making conversation and small talk, no need to be touchy my friend, goodness gracious me:?: pretty much nothing! bothers me in anyway so your off base there Nico, and as i said you missunderstand my intentions. Sorry you feel that way

anyhoo i am aloud to post anywhere i please *With in the rules* but if you feel talking about issues ~and by the way your Mod was at the centre of my conversation from the very start with mod's being useless without atomizers so i was keeping on issue with mixed topics in between~, but i can see your getting rather uncomfortable an twitchy about it, so i think I’l go make conversation else where i suppose:)~Rick

EDIT: If you were meaning that comment i made to DiKerry as aspewing anger, DiKerry is a fellow Aussie and mate of mine , I was making a jocular comment to my friend, and there again! you seem to be way off base.....

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Calm the hell down guys,

what is all this nastiness.........

I thought we alread discussed this
jumping in and biting each other,
not good stuff.....

be nice .....

Nico, my post was in answer to a question here--

and if you knew Rick, he wasn't having a go at me,
he was just having a sarcastic play with me......

please guys, be nice,
we are all supposed to be friends here.

Di .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread