Huge batteries: 2,000mAh+ as they pertain to expanding tube mods and reo grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Hey Vets,

I'm looking into a couple of mods like the Empire, the GG, the Reo grand, and a couple other stackable or telescoping tubes, and I'm curious about a few gigantic batteries.

1.) Will this ultrafire 18650 fit into the empire, reo or GG? https://www.madvapes.com/Protected-18650-Battery-3000-mah_p_2094.html and does it fit into your standard issue chargers?

2.) What is the largest capacaty 5v battery (model number please?) that will fit into the empire, GG and reo, and where canI find it?

3.) If I were to get said giant 18650 or whichever 5v battery is relevant, what charger would you all recommend?

4.) What other mods fit the 3,000mAh 18650?

Thanks for your time, and for reference I'm interested in the empire over the GG or the reo box, so if there's a 5v battery that fits the empire better than others, please include that. Thanks!

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
I'll try and answer the best I can here:

1) The ultrafire 18650 should fit any of these mods, but Ultrafire quality control is rather poor, so you may end up getting a battery that has too much plastic wrap on it causing it to not fit into the battery tube on the GG or empire, should be ok on the reo.

2) There is no 5v battery per se, but there are two different custom batteries out there that come in at 4.8 volts. They are stacked 1.2v cells wrapped together. You can find them at ElectrNicStix and Madvapes.

3) The 18650 batteries will fit into most multi chargers. The trustfire TR001 is a cheap decent quality charger. The "special" 5v batts must be charged on there own charger.

4) The 3000mah battery is an ultrafire, and it really more like 2400mah. It will fit into most mods that are built to accept the 18650.

In my opinion, while the ultrafire and trustfire batts are ok, you just cant beat the AW batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread