• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I’m such an idiot…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
join the club kimmy. it's been almost a week since i emailed them, and another follow up and they continue to ignore me. if they had have dealt with my issue, i would gladly have purchased the new riva. no chance of that now, or any further purchases with them, i afraid.

Hey Wenchy69, are you using the gmail customer service email address to contact them? There is a sticky in the EM forum saying that the EM site email is not working. Mud usually gets onto any probs pretty quickly, if he recieves it.

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
Here's a pic of what's happening to mine:
indulg.jpg

It's hard to take a decent and accurate photo of this thing (it is actually silver not gold), but see below the button, the electroplating has totally worn through to the brass beneath, and it's starting to happen all over the unit.
I actually think it would look pretty cool if it were just plain brushed or polished brass -- and it wouldn't hurt to lose the poofo 'Indulgence' engraving either :)
only my button is faded/worn off, I agree about the plain brushed look, and I mostly use the 6v cup now so I did get rid of the 'poofey' engraving. :)

Well, well, well... what happened to Mr Fancy who wanted to mix and match different colours to go with his blouse a few posts earlier? :) j/k Dogs
:oops: oops, you caught me out there.... :p.. well I still want it too look cool, just in a well used fashion!

Yeah, I suppose, but I'm not really 100% impressed with the adapters anyway. Apart from my 801 adapter being total sh!te, the 510 and 901 adapters don't quite work as well as an OEM battery connection. Adding an extra adapter on top could just make things worse (and there's the fact that I don't even own any adapters :). I am definitely hoping that the SB's 510 connection will be significantly better.
I have the old style individual thread caps so I have no experience with the adapters, but it sounds a bit fiddly (I leave my different attys screwed on their own caps...but they were a bit cumbersome to carry around and had their own set of probs too)
I totally hear ya, but the way I look at it with the SB is that I'll be getting a device which is produced in smaller numbers with superior design, comfort, build quality, durability, attention to detail and quality control (at least I hope that's the case), and that seems worth the extra bucks to me.
For versatility, as mentioned I really think I'll prefer just to use adapters on the 510 thread rather than a system like the Indulgence, and the SB seems pretty versatile with voltage and batteries.
I do suspect that it may be a bit big and cumbersome to cart around all the time, but I'm yet to see and am willing to accept that if it is.

I am sure the SB will be awesome, it does have a pretty good reputation, and it sounds as though you will really enjoy the handcrafted quality and workmanship.
I would like to get my hands on a GG just for the hell of it... I might even care for it a bit.

mooody

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Australia
Interesting. I had to send my indulgence back, but it was the second batch of the version 2, the first titanium to be released. The whole process took about 3 weeks. I found that Mud needed some prompting at times, but over all the flurry of emails between him and I were quick.

Just keep emailing him, I fear that they're being overwhelmed with returns, because they released a massive batch all at once, and I'm sure there will be a few dodgy ones in there. Get your eastmall credits, and might be best to rid of them asap, because I feel there will be quite a few people with large credits on that web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread