I am both excited and terrified. Now that I have VV/VW what do I do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Oh I have already moved into the world of VV/VW,Ego Twists, and glassomizers ... I was just poking a little fun at old set ups( I actually hated my first Ego kit) . But I agree with you in that if ain't broke, there is no need to fix it. I think it is silly to try and keep up with trend, unless said trends offer some additional benefits.

I was plenty happy with my cartomizers and Ego T batts for a long time, but eventually I wanted more from my vaping/tasting experience, and VV/VW give you that ... but answer me this if you can, do mech mods offer something that VV mods do not?

It depends on what kind of vaping you want to do. VV/VW have built in protection and won't fire if you slip into the "danger zone." Mechanicals don't have any protection. They are popular with advanced vapers who are wrapping their own coils and going beyond what our regulated mods consider safe. They really shine when used by experienced people who are well versed in battery safety and know what they are doing. Certainly mechs can be used by an average vaper with higher resistance attys, but unless it's a bottom-feeder, I don't see any benefit in that situation - you might as well be using an unregulated eGo; except, of course, you just like the looks of them. Kind of like why get a racehorse if you only plan to trot?

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
my local B&M started me out on Vamo....I think I vaped like 3 weeks before I ever considered looking at the voltage and wattage settings.
eventually I did, just so not to be stupid about it, but I rarely change the settings and pretty much have them set to 3.5 watt and 3 volt with 2.2 ohm coils

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
my local B&M started me out on Vamo....I think I vaped like 3 weeks before I ever considered looking at the voltage and wattage settings.
eventually I did, just so not to be stupid about it, but I rarely change the settings and pretty much have them set to 3.5 watt and 3 volt with 2.2 ohm coils

ECF is a small segment of the vaping community. What we debate and obsess about isn't what's important to most vapers in the real world. My friends ask me what to buy, how to use it and we're done. I don't think I have ever used the word "amp" to my friends.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
ECF is a small segment of the vaping community. What we debate and obsess about isn't what's important to most vapers in the real world. My friends ask me what to buy, how to use it and we're done. I don't think I have ever used the word "amp" to my friends.

I think your full of it! Everyone spends about the same on vaping as a truck payment each month right?

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
VV/VW have built in protection and won't fire if you slip into the "danger zone."

Really?! Do ya mean it?! And does this danger zone depend on my atty or is it just a standard danger zone?

53.jpg

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
A HAH HAH HAH HAH!!

Certain kinda sub ohm vapers..... Ungh...... I really don't care that you wrapped a quad coil sub-ohm build using blah blah gauge kanthal ribbon wire, oxidized ss mesh, blah blah blah, you draw 10 amps per whatever blah blah blah, look at this cloud, I'm a living fog machine blah blah blah

The one annoying sub-ohmer I personally know doesn't get a hint. "Dude, check the build I did last night -- blah blah blah blah" and all I say is, "Uh huh, uh huh, wow, awesome man, sweet, cool dude," as I play Candy Crush or Grabatron on my Kindle.

I don't care, man!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Really?! Do ya mean it?! And does this danger zone depend on my atty or is it just a standard danger zone?

View attachment 264479

You guys are funny. They have built in protection(as has been pointed out a couple of times). Nothing is gonna go wrong and their is no way to use it backwards. The only reason it won't work would be you didn't push the button(firing pin) three times to turn it on. And, if so inclined at night while sleeping, push three times again to shut off the power.(helps to charge less often). As for the dog, well, if he/she likes the smell of the vapor, then all bets are off. LOL I have a cat that won't leave me alone when I am vaping almond macaroon.

:)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I like vaping 1 wrap rebar tie wire quad coils .00000000000000000000000001 sub ohm try that with your spinners or MVP! I have to wear welding gloves and have a nitrogen cooled DT but I get some awesome clouds!

You should tried quad stacked Duracells with the buttons ripped off. Dragons dude! Wicked sick dragons!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thats just plane reckless and dumb!

Hey Dude! Don't give me that safety blah blah blah! I know what I'm doing, I've watched youtube. Geez, I've been using batteries since I was a kid! I can look at a coil and tell you what resistance it is. I don't need nanny ECF vets telling me I can't do something.

shelleyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
rockville, MD
www.shelleybain.com
I vaped for several months with a 650mAh eGo, before I got a Twist and even then variable voltage was lost on me. The point of VV and VW is to be able to adjust the power output of the device, which changes the temperature the liquid is vaporized that affects the taste, and to a lessor extent throat hit and vapor production. Unfortunately, I could barely taste anything, so the benefit was lost on me. Slowly I came around and now I can taste how some juices are more flavorful at lower temperatures and some at higher.

I'm currently writing a blog explaining variable power as simply as possible, so if you would like more in-depth information let me know. It's too long to post.

This isn't my post but since I also just got a VW/VV I'd love to read your blog post!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Hey Dude! Don't give me that safety blah blah blah! I know what I'm doing, I've watched youtube. Geez, I've been using batteries since I was a kid! I can look at a coil and tell you what resistance it is. I don't need nanny ECF vets telling me I can't do something.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
I vaped for several months with a 650mAh eGo, before I got a Twist and even then variable voltage was lost on me. The point of VV and VW is to be able to adjust the power output of the device, which changes the temperature the liquid is vaporized that affects the taste, and to a lessor extent throat hit and vapor production. Unfortunately, I could barely taste anything, so the benefit was lost on me. Slowly I came around and now I can taste how some juices are more flavorful at lower temperatures and some at higher.

I'm currently writing a blog explaining variable power as simply as possible, so if you would like more in-depth information let me know. It's too long to post.

Yes, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread