I didn't vape in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Went to Ruby Tuesdays today. I asked the waitress if they allowed electronics and showed the PV.
She said she'd have to ask.
The manager came up to the table and asked, "who wants to smoke" and started telling me a story about the first time he saw someone vaping in the bar and how he reacted, but they didn't allow it.
I told him that was fine, if I really needed to I could go out with the others and inhale their stink.

I couldn't figure out why the manager had to come up personally and figured the waitress didn't want to risk her tip.

My roommate just told me he had one in his hand (I have a bad neck and couldn't turn to see him in full). So the reason he came up was because he was also a vaper (amazed he called it "smoke", even the newspaper has called us vapers).
I guess it was the mid-size eGo type not one of the rip off small cigarette types.

I wish I would've seen it and known he was a vaper at the time.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
So he's a vaper, but he calls it smoking and he won't let you do it in his restaurant?

That seems - odd.

His story was how he thought the first guy he saw using one was smoking so it was probably not wanting other customers thinking I was getting away with smoking and having to explain it to them.

The eGo-C with VG can put out some clouds so I can understand somewhat. Although if I had a bar I'd be selling e-cigs.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
The people using cigarette looking kits really poison the water for the rest of us.

I've never been turned down in a restaurant but, the closest I came was with a vaping manager. He said he had a problem with a guy using a cigarette looking kit in the bar with a red LED. Other customers complained about him smoking. I was using a homemade bottom feeder that lit the bottle blue. He said it was fine as long as I didn't get any complaints. I didn't.

If you choose to vape in public, please do not use anything that looks like a cigarette. Getting mistaken for a smoker really does hurt our cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread