I don’t enjoy vaping any more : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
I know, it’s difficult for me to define the problem it’s like I’m sure some thing is wrong but i can’t tell exactly what is it.

Something wrong how? You feel physically ill, or you just don't like vaping anymore?

Did you smoke at all before starting to vape?

Have you gotten a new tank lately, that you didn't clean before using?

If you give more details, it would really help. :)

Reactions: stols001

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
Tbh, as others have said, sounds like advice from a doctor is more appropriate than advice from strangers on a forum...

However if you don't want to go down that route maybe vape on a lower wattage? Also if you think it's your lungs try not inhaling, just hold the vapour in your mouth for a few seconds then blow it out through mouth or nose (basically similar like smoking a pipe or cigar) . You'll still get the nicotine hit.

But honestly, if you're saying something like you think the problem could be lungs/sore throat/dry sinuses the sensible thing would probably be to go for a check up

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
Tbh, as others have said, sounds like advice from a doctor is more appropriate than advice from strangers on a forum...

However if you don't want to go down that route maybe vape on a lower wattage? Also if you think it's your lungs try not inhaling, just hold the vapour in your mouth for a few seconds then blow it out through mouth or nose (basically similar like smoking a pipe or cigar) . You'll still get the nicotine hit.

But honestly, if you're saying something like you think the problem could be lungs/sore throat/dry sinuses the sensible thing would probably be to go for a check up

Agree. When I first started vaping, I wouldn't clean a new tank before using it out of ignorance. So I got a sore throat and felt yucky for like a week. Finally put it together and no throat issues/chest congestion anymore.
But anything that feels wrong physically should be checked out asap.
He's holding back with details, not sure it's a language issue, though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep. Not a doctor but I would go to one with a slightly better attitude and see what they say. No, you don't have to say you are a vaper.

If I was gonna suggest anything, it would be a large change like trying a lower wattage, MTL setup with far more nice. I probably would keep you VG level somewhat high like 70-80% just because you mentioned your throat. Get a drop in coil tank, less room for error.

But again, I am not a doctor and that is what you need first.

Anna

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
During this time where you are finding vaping is not enjoyable, are you having urges to smoke?

Just wondering....

If there are no urges to smoke, might it be possible vaping has done it's job for you and you no longer need it? Meaning nicotine?

I know for myself there are times where I could do without vaping and if I really wanted to I could probably quit. A lot of those times are caused by general dissatisfaction or just pure laziness on my part to do all that vaping requires. Don't know if this is your situation, perhaps some food for thought.

Bander

Jun 28, 2019
Depending on where you live, could allergies be affecting you? The allergy season makes my throat and vaping in general uncomfortable. Good luck figuring this out!
That’s make sense
I considered that but last year in the same season i was enjoying vaping so i removed that from my list of suspects

Bander

Jun 28, 2019
Could be anything then. With no data there’s no way to narrow anything down. I can randomly name some possibilities, but they may or may not have any relevance.

1: how old is your coil/wick?
Vaping crudded up hardware can make things unpleasant

2: change your juice perhaps?
It’s possible your juice manufacturer changed some ingredient in your juice. Could be an allergy, could be bad juice.

3: is there pain anywhere? Coughing? Why exactly are you having a problem with “control”?

I clean my coil and my rda each time i change the cotton, it’s like every 3 days, and I know what it’s like when the coil expire.
I don’t think that it’s the ejuice because i still have the same battle i was enjoying before 2 months ago.
I don’t have pain or coughing and i will try to explain what I meant by controlling issue: when u vape u always try to exhale with balance between your nose and your mouth to to have satisfying taste but with my issue i can’t do that any more, some time I suspect the vapor production i think it’s not thick enough to be controlled but since i use the same coil and same rda with watts how can it be different?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
when u vape u always try to exhale with balance between your nose and your mouth to to have satisfying taste but with my issue i can’t do that any more...
Why not? Are you having nasal blockage? Can you not exhale through your nose? Have you lost your sense of smell?

75% of our sense of taste comes from our sense of smell. You realize that when you have a cold and can't taste your food because of it.

Just how much of what we taste derives from the sense of smell ...

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I clean my coil and my rda each time i change the cotton, it’s like every 3 days, and I know what it’s like when the coil expire.
I don’t think that it’s the ejuice because i still have the same battle i was enjoying before 2 months ago.
I don’t have pain or coughing and i will try to explain what I meant by controlling issue: when u vape u always try to exhale with balance between your nose and your mouth to to have satisfying taste but with my issue i can’t do that any more, some time I suspect the vapor production i think it’s not thick enough to be controlled but since i use the same coil and same rda with watts how can it be different?
“Your issue”? This lacks specificity. Is there some other unmentioned thing involved?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I think you’re just in a rut. I vaped the same gear and juice for a few years too, and became complacent. It wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t enjoyable either. I think you just need to shake up the routine a little. Do some window shopping, get a new shiny. See if that helps.

Why is that funny? I didn’t mean it to be. I mean it’s cool and all. Maybe it’s just funny coming from me, I dunno... I am a bit of an enabler.

Adam Khalif

Moved On
Jun 24, 2019
  • Deleted by Misty

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi guys, I’m new here
And i hope you can help me out with this issue: i have been enjoying vaping for 2 years and it does satisfy me.
But since tow months some thing went wrong and i started not enjoying vaping although i have been using the same rda and ejuice and the same setting for the last two years without any issues.
Some time i feel its my lungs because i used to control the vapor products when I exhale but now i cant.
Some time I think its not the same taste i used to vape.
Some time i think its my throat doesn’t feel the hit or my sinuses is dry or some thing.
I am very confused
Pls help me
Sorry for bad english

Dry throat issues can be as simple as drinking more water. PG dries out your mouth by absorbing water. When you exhale, the water absorbed by the PG enhances the vapor cloud. So, you have to drink water or other liquids to stay hydrated when you vape.

The same thing happens in your lungs if you don't drink enough water to replace the water absorbed by the vapor. So, drink lots of water to replace the water the vapor absorbs.

If you live in a dry climate, the dry throat from vaping just increases and you have to drink even more water to offset both the vaping and the relative humidity in your area, especially in summer.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Don't know about the health issues. As others wrote, that's what doctors are for.

I think most of us who vape find that flavors get old. Even gear gets old. I am running 7 flavors right now on different mods, a mix of tanks, RDAs and pods. Keeps me engaged so I don't smoke. Vapetasia has some other popular flavors if you want to stick with that brand (e.g., Killer Kustard and Pineapple Express, both are delicious though not tobacco flavors). There are so many brands and flavors though, whatever you enjoy, and whatever keeps it interesting so you don't get that urge to smoke (assuming you vape for this reason). That sounds expensive but as compared with smoking $100+ a week, it's relatively cheap to try out new flavors.

My long term goal - to give up vaping too. That's not going to happen yet, but for me vaping is a means to an end, a means that is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread