Status
Not open for further replies.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I have both metal and clear XL's. All of my clear ones have cracked. I turn the tube over and continue using it until the other side cracks then set it aside to replace the tube later. I've found that I just don't like the metal ones as much. I get a burnt taste almost every other hit. Hopefully, they'll improve the clearomizers before I order again, but aside from the cracking issue, they work SO well for me that I'm willing to put up with that aspect of it.

I'll have to look into the replacement tubes from gotvapes that was mentioned so I can reuse the ones I've set aside.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
Guys if your using any liquids with malic acid in it like sour apple or granny smith apple or sour anything, your cartos are going to crack, there is a chemical reaction happening which cracks these tubes no matter which ones you have. I have tested this even with maptanks and they to will crack. Therefor I suggest not running any sour type liquids in these. Heavy cinnamon may do the same thing since it is an essential oil, I haven't yet tested this but I'm thinking it may do the same thing.

oh wow i just started vaping green apple. haven't had any probs yet with the stock tube and i have BD syringes here to make a new one if need be. my clearo's don't have juice in them very long lol. i vape it right up!

AlbertaClipper

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Ponoka, Alberta
I'd love to know where I can get some CE2 XL LR cartos (or lowER res, anyway, than 3.0) from someone who's in Canada, or will ship to me. The ones I've found so far are out of stock. Doesn't matter if they're clear or not...I've lucked out and have a MAP tank on its way to me and I want to have some 'guts' for its future use.

Sorry if I've missed the answer to this one, but I've done a fair amount of searching and am hoping someone can take pity on me.

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
Well, I guess it is back to the drawing board again for me. I was totally loving my clearo until it cracked apart on my desk, making a complete mess and wasting all my juice! Can't really tell which one did it as I had a lot of them mixed up together for my perfect flavor! Oh well!

So, is it true that only the plastic ones will crack? Don't they make glass ones? Of course, they are probably mad expensive and I will just end up dropping it on my floor... lol... Time to try a cartomizer, I guess....

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
CE2 with metal tubes at ecigexpress; the only clearomizers they have are the older ones with the super clear tubes that crack. Frosty tube models are tougher.

CE2 deluxe clearomizers with new no crack tubes are at myvaporstore; Gotvapes also has them but it's hard to catch them in stock. Myvaporstore also has the metal ones.

Gotvapes is coming out with the new line of clearomizers, they will soon have what they call the Phoenix line, and the new Cryptonite8 is there also; well worth the visit.

Unfortunately the draw is a little hard, but right now I am using the Stardust (or Elegance) device; the LR version at ecigexpress works well on an Ego-type device. These are also called the Ego clearomizer.

Added: The Stardust/Elegance/Ego clearmizer tanks are the clear, hard plastic. Better watch your juices in them to prevent cracking.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
in my experiences i found that ce2s/ce3s in general were not worth my time when compared with your average carto. i've tried the microcig brands as well as the extreme vision ones and i've had no luck. i love the idea, but i've had nothing but trouble. if they don't come cracked or without any desire to heat up your fluid, they're leaking or falling apart. i've spent $100 on these parts within the first few months of my vaping adventures, and never again. all these new and improved designs and brands seem tempting, but i'm still having nightmares over them and prefer the cheaper and reliable way of doing things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread