I give up on these damn Clearomizers "AKA - Crackomizers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

h8isgr8

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
UPDATE: So I was going to switch back to the metal tube CE2s, but madvapes was out of stock when I placed my last order. I said WTH and ordered some standard size clearomizers. I've been using the same one now for 4 days and there is no sign of cracking yet. The tube seems to be a little tighter around the base as well; it doesn't spin if I try to tighten it snugly.

So I guess these clearomizers are not all created equally.

Clear CE2 XL (green tint) = Cracks
Clear CE2 standard = No cracks

Gulliverfoyle

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
NJ
Very similiar experience. I have both the XL and "normal" size CE2 cartos from Madvapes. I was rotating 5 of the XL for daily use and my wife the same but with the smaller ones. I have refilled them at least 6 times but, 2 of my XLs developed stress fratures and then cracks, all of the short ones are fine. I rotated different flavors through them so can't tell if one flavor was the culprit, doubt it though. Ordered more of the metal ones from Vapor Junction just in case. None of mine from Madvapes have been tinted though, between XL and shorties I have like 30 or 40 clearo's from them.

UPDATE: So I was going to switch back to the metal tube CE2s, but Madvapes was out of stock when I placed my last order. I said WTH and ordered some standard size clearomizers. I've been using the same one now for 4 days and there is no sign of cracking yet. The tube seems to be a little tighter around the base as well; it doesn't spin if I try to tighten it snugly.

So I guess these clearomizers are not all created equally.

Clear CE2 XL (green tint) = Cracks
Clear CE2 standard = No cracks

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah I don't know what the deal is with the tubes, different materials being used?

I still don't see a single crack starting on the standard clearomizers I just bought. I'm using the exact same juices I was using in the XL version that started to crack after only a day or two.

One thing that MiT/RS is Notorious for is not purging out bad stock when a “New and Improved” E2 comes down the line.

Most companies pull the defective units from their stock and replace them with the New version. Unfortunately e-Liquid.con doesn’t do this. They just keep selling the defective items until they are gone. Then they start selling the New items.

Could be that some of the XL’s being sold now are still old stock and prone to cracking. Where as the regular one are new stock.

Gulliverfoyle

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
NJ
Wow, that's nasty. I really cant find any pattern or reason mine cracked. I wonder if cleaning them with denatured alcohol hastened the process of cracking.

One thing that MiT/RS is Notorious for is not purging out bad stock when a “New and Improved” E2 comes down the line.

Most companies pull the defective units from their stock and replace them with the New version. Unfortunately e-Liquid.con doesn’t do this. They just keep selling the defective items until they are gone. Then they start selling the New items.

Could be that some of the XL’s being sold now are still old stock and prone to cracking. Where as the regular one are new stock.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Guys if your using any liquids with malic acid in it like sour apple or granny smith apple or sour anything, your cartos are going to crack, there is a chemical reaction happening which cracks these tubes no matter which ones you have. I have tested this even with maptanks and they to will crack. Therefor I suggest not running any sour type liquids in these. Heavy cinnamon may do the same thing since it is an essential oil, I haven't yet tested this but I'm thinking it may do the same thing.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Yes, as mentioned above that's the brand. Most CVS stores carry them behind the pharmacy.

I went to my local drug store where i get my prescriptions filled and was unable to get ANY syringes! I was told I need a prescription to get them! But, then again, this is NY state......... (the NO state)

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I went to my local drug store where i get my prescriptions filled and was unable to get ANY syringes! I was told I need a prescription to get them! But, then again, this is NY state......... (the NO state)

Yes, they told me the same in NC, yet I have a friend, in the same town, that got a box full...lol.. I think it depends on who you are and who you talk to and how you ask? IDK, I have bad luck w/ that too.

There's always online ;)

Gulliverfoyle

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
NJ
How about a "regular" apple flavor, or blueberry? I don't have any sour flavors so..... My wife uses menthol exclusively and some of her small CE2 are starting to crack. I think we are seeing a two-fold problem here, chemical reaction and stress fractures.

Guys if your using any liquids with malic acid in it like sour apple or granny smith apple or sour anything, your cartos are going to crack, there is a chemical reaction happening which cracks these tubes no matter which ones you have. I have tested this even with maptanks and they to will crack. Therefor I suggest not running any sour type liquids in these. Heavy cinnamon may do the same thing since it is an essential oil, I haven't yet tested this but I'm thinking it may do the same thing.

Joed

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Western NY - US

We're in NYS and get them at TSC (Tractor Supply Company). No problems, we just have to sign for them.

Tom950

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread