I Had to Laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
I live in a small hick town in Northern Michigan. And even I had never even heard of vaping before 3 weeks ago. Sure heard of ecigs but only the dime store ones you can buy in the local gas stations. Went out to dinner tonight at a local pub for a fish fry. Afterwards as Hubby was finishing his beer I pulled out my eGo C and took a few puffs. LOL I thought I was going to get kicked out! EVERYONE starred at me like I was standing there naked! My Hubby and I had to laugh. Obviously no one else had ever seen anyone vaping here in our little town! Just thought it was funny. Needless to say no one said a word about it but would love to have been a fly on the wall to hear what was said after we left! LOL

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
I'm not in a town quite that small, but I got my eGo in the mail right now and I'm both looking forward to (and dreading) the inevitable questions and comments.

I've used my cig-a-like at work and outside of a few questions no one has bothered me about it. Actually 2 of my co-workers are interested. But yeah I haven't seen anyone else around in my town using them. Thankfully I don't go out much, and I'm a reasonably well-built guy who can scowl really well. So I'm not too worried.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I still get those weird looks! Everyone I know that vapes uses a blu cig or some cig look a like. Today as I was leaving work I ran into my friend who is also the security officer while she was outside smoking her blu. We stood there talking for a while & this lady walks by us 3 times. She just walked back n forth 3 times and stared at us. We stared back. Then she finally says 'you guys trying to quit' my friend states she hasn't had a cig in 3 weeks. I say 3 months & she walks on to her car. When she left we both broke out in giggles. Then my friend says...you & that damn Ferrari...referring to my Provari. Gets me strange looks all the time around these parts! Cracks me up though! Even my egos had people looking at me weird.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
Well I currently have the cig-a-like model (the Halo G6) that definitely does not look like a cigarette in color only in rough shape. I have an eGo coming though and I'm interested to see the reactions from my co-workers when I start using that bad boy.

Besides, I am always armed, if it comes down to that. No good assassination droid goes without an arsenal of weaponry scattered about tactical areas on his chassis. :)

indianajames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Mission, KS
I've not had anyone approach me about vaping yet, but if/when it eventually starts happening and I get tired of it, I'll take advantage of my LTCH and the ability to open-carry in Indiana. Only fellow 2A people (and possibly cops) would bother approaching me then, and it would in all likelihood be about my S&W 9mm and not about my PV.

LaciJ

Mar 10, 2013
Texas
My husband and I kind of avoid situations like that one. It's easy for us since we don't eat out much. But, we vape outside, in our cars and in the house and around people we know. We have never gotten the e cig out in a restaurant or anything like that and I doubt we ever will. In our town, which is pretty small, I doubt it would go over well. Hell, we live in a dry county and it's 2013.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I think people are more interested if it does not look like a cigarette - there was never any mistaking my silver bullet for one and the same is true of my Reos. People that ask me about it get an honest appraisal of the value i place on such devices and a few at work have switched too - mostly to eGos and the like, which i reckon are reliable and worthwhile mods in themselves and not likely to crucify anyone on a budget.

As for vaping in bars and outside or in my car - i vape anywhere i like but not in places where smoking is prohibited and that is more out of consideration for people that automatically assume it is tobacco. I have even puffed away in the ER as a patient in a local hospital, as some other poor guy was howling for nicotine patches since he could not smoke there.

My wish is that it becomes more widely accepted and people realise that not using tobacco can only be a good thing. My sadness is that the first experience a lot of people here will have of someone vaping is me!!

T

I live in a small hick town in Northern Michigan. And even I had never even heard of vaping before 3 weeks ago. Sure heard of ecigs but only the dime store ones you can buy in the local gas stations. Went out to dinner tonight at a local pub for a fish fry. Afterwards as Hubby was finishing his beer I pulled out my eGo C and took a few puffs. LOL I thought I was going to get kicked out! EVERYONE starred at me like I was standing there naked! My Hubby and I had to laugh. Obviously no one else had ever seen anyone vaping here in our little town! Just thought it was funny. Needless to say no one said a word about it but would love to have been a fly on the wall to hear what was said after we left! LOL
Too funny. Can't I just vape? Geez!

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
It sure oes go with the vaping territory doesn't it? I just never vape where smoking is not wanted except rarely, like shopping in a 2nd hand store or big 'ole home depot or farm store, discreetly IF it helps me enjoy my shopping experience some. Like contemplating, should I get this? Never around food though. It's easy enough for me to do. I definitely look forward to leaving a Restaraunt to relax in the car though!

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
But I concern myself with little else...how else will I find dinner?

At least you've found a good use for the meatbags. I'm still scouring my databanks in a futile, but somehow sadistically satisfying way, to find one. Aside from the Master, of course.

"Your resistance is most entertaining, meatbag. I do want to thank you for all you have done for me up to this point. As a parting gift, you may tell me the name of some meatbag that you do not like and I will personally kill them. Oh why not, I'll throw in the rest of their family for free. But first, we have a little business to settle ourselves."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread