i have been giving this direct inhaling thing some thought..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2009
Funny! After 20, 30, 40 years smoking tobacco cigarettes we need to learn now how to do it properly... :p

I am vaping the same way I smoked tobacco cigarettes for 30 years... first to the mouth. This is the way most people smoke. I am talking about tobacco cigarette smokers. We are tobacco (nicotine) addicts, right? I don't know about other substances...

Ask Marlene Dietrich, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Sherlock Holmes :p, Alfred Hitchcock, George Orwell, Nicole Kidman...

Smoking Tricks: wilordw

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
so okay whats the rationed behind the less vapour out with direct inhaling.. could it simple be that after all this extra air is let in.. less actual vapour goes in.. most of what goes in is this extra air..
I take a 5 second draw directly into my lungs and almost all of the vapor is in my lungs for 5 seconds.

If a knuckle-dragging mouth inhaler takes a 5 second draw, and then inhales that into the lungs and then exhales it shortly thereafter, it might be in the lungs for 2 seconds at most.

And yeah, the knuckle-dragging comment was just for fun.
So I hope nobody cries about it.
:D

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
ps... anyways i am just trying this letting more air in around the mouthpiece idea.. the result is total wimp land... what am i doing wrong... he he

I haven't read every post but I did just make a comment about grabbing some air in between, so if you mean my comment then.... for me it isn't like taking a drag with the lips not completely sealed around the mouthpiece. I seal, then open a corner of the mouth to take some air and at the same time drawring in vapor as well and then seal again, open and drawing building up the vapor in the mouth and then a bite down drag and into the lungs with what was built up in the mouth... :) I'd liken it to how a pipe or cigar smoker keeps a fire on the tobacco except I'm inhaling whereas most of them don't. This isn't every inhale but I still mouth inhale/french inhale regularly.

The sealed drag, air/drag, sealed drag, air/drag is a good way to wake up an atty as well, after dripping on it.

DiaboliqueDiva

Aug 8, 2009
West GA
I've been vaping (m401 but will soon trade up) for about three weeks now, but hadn't completely put down the analogs until last week. I finally talked my hubby into doing it too, about a week ago.

After I began using my m401 while we were still smoking analogs, I noticed that it's very near impossible to direct inhale ecig vapor. This frustrated me for a while because the entire ten years that I've smoked analogs I've been a DIRECT INHALER.

I finally learned that vaping works best for me if I "mouth inhale" with a little space between my lips for air circulation, and then inhale into my lungs by breathing in through my mouth and my nose at the same time. On a brand new cartridge and a clean atomizer, I also prefer a french inhale. It not only looks cool, but I've grown to like the feel of the vapor going through my nasal passages to my lungs. I know, weird.

Anyway, I just had to comment about the direct inhale observations you guys made about analogs. I've never smoked any way other than direct inhaling. All these years I've thought that everyone else smoked analogs the same way as me! Imagine my surprise to find that the majority of people cannot or will not direct inhale! My hubby and I were standing outside last week, he with his analog and I with my m401, and I made the comment that I wish that I could "direct inhale" the ecig the same as an analog because I really missed the burn. He was completely shocked at what I said, and he told me that he has NEVER direct inhaled an analog. Call me inobservant, but I just never noticed... It's not like I stare at people as they smoke!:|

Seeing all the comments and observations made me realize how much damage I might have been doing to my lungs by direct inhaling cigarette smoke! If I had to go back to analogs, I don't think I could be satisfied mouth inhaling, so this alone is enough reason to stick to the ecigs. I wonder just how much worse for you it really is to direct inhald cigarette smoke....?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
After reading these posts I'm amazed that there are people who actually directly inhaled analogs. I'm not saying it's a bad thing I just can't imagine doing it or even coming up with the thought to do it.
I feel the same way in reverse.
:p

I can not imagine how anyone could have ever come up with the idea of mouth inhaling.
Especially since it seems to make no sense whatsoever.

The purpose of smoking a cigarette is to inhale nicotine into your lungs, so why on earth would anyone think to just bring it into their mouth first and THEN into their lungs?

It blows my mind.
:?:

Fisherman

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
UK
The purpose of smoking a cigarette is to inhale nicotine into your lungs, so why on earth would anyone think to just bring it into their mouth first and THEN into their lungs?

It blows my mind.
:?:

Possibly because people smoked pipes before cigs and maybe, like now, many pipe smokers didn't inhale, so the habit passed on to cig smokers years later. Is that a possibility:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread