add to my knowledge please.. direct inhaling..

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
a lot of times, it's attributed to people that smoked more *ahem* substances of questionable legality before they really smoked a lot of cigarettes.

i think the learning to smoke with alternative chemicals theory might have hit the nail on the head.. he he

of course the other thing is a modern young smoker never had a dad to teach em how to do it properly.. he he

First of all, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

but the fact a sizable bunch of people use a totally different method of smoking explains a lot of misunderstandings..

it also explain why so much importance is attached to a very light draw for some..

And it explains why some people thought super light draws are like sucking air. And why some are most interestedin throat kick, while others want smooth vapor.

ps... or is it just an e cig thing... how to make totally useless device seem better.. ???

plus people who have wimp e cigs and are trying to get something out of them..

But these cracks... Trog, I thought we were getting to understand each other better than that. Do you really want to disrupt that just to provoke me? ([EDIT] Sorry, on second thought maybe you didn't mean that directed at me, and I'm being too sensitive. If so , sorry.)

Damn. It hurts being this good.

:D

Yeah, yeah, ya got me... :D

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
But these cracks... Trog, I thought we were getting to understand each other better than that. Do you really want to disrupt that just to provoke me?

dont be so daft leaford.. or sensitive to be more accurate.. its a perfectly valid theory .. there are more wimp e cigs out there than good ones.. does it make them seem better.. one poster here seems to think so..

but i know one thing... if i lung suck (new term) lung sucking... he he he.. with the power of ten elephants i get about one tenth the vapour from my SD as i do if i mouth suck first.. lung sucking thru a (901) pinhole dont do much for me..

i have the device in front of me.... i can put it to the test as much as i like.. with a 901 and manual switch it produces not a lot and its bloody hard work.. quite why anybody in their right mind would try and smoke a 901 this way is beyond me...

a lighter draw classic might be different..

and now leaford the 64000 dollar question... having discovered a new method of smokng... which would u advice for the best results.. no its up to the user fudging..

it isnt.. some people simply have never been taught to smoke properly..

as granny would say... there is only one bloody way to suck eggs.. no young whipper snapper is gonna convince me otherwise.. he he

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
just had a thought leaford... how about a user scale..

lets say a placebo smoker rates a 1... a super strong tobacco chain smoker type.. say a 9...

now as part of your review scoring syetem u could match the device under review to the "user scale"...

just like in real life a real cig could be matched to a user scale..

where would u fit on the scale... and where would i fit on the scale..

its quite clear to me from reading this place e smokers cover one hell of wide spectrum... linking a device to a user might be useful...

it might solve a lot of mysteries as well... like why some folks claim an atomizer lasts them two months while i claim one lasts me two weeks..

i recon i am about 8 on the user scale.. i would put u about 4.. i would put some forum members at a 1...

when someone says my xxxxx device has lasted me two months and its still working okay.. it might help people to know exactly where on the "user scale" people are.. being a 1 or a 9 should make some bloody difference.. as things are now we have no idea.. just mysteries..

trog

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
First of all, you're playing pretty fast and loose with those conclusions, about it being generational, or about what was smoked first.

And even if my dad or my older brother had taught me, who's to say they wouldn't have taught me to directly inhale. Maybe in your grandmother's day there WERE two different ways different people sucked eggs, but they never had an internet thread to bring that fact to light.

A handful of people does not a comprehensive survey make. Even if you were scarily accurate about me. ;)

To me, simply inhaling was as natural for one as for the other. A one step process. Simple and direct. It was so simple and effective I never thought anything about it, I just did it. Is it so hard to believe that many other people did, too? Without it being anything generational, continental, class, etc? Does there have to be any one right way?

It's really not fudging to say it's up to the user. It is. And if a device doesn't perform well when direct inhaled, it is a bad device for a direct inhaler to use. And vice versa. An ideal device should perform just as well either way, I figure.

I've been re-testing a lot of my devices, and I think most of them work equally well either way. With direct inhaling you can take longer drags, and maximize the vapor, but you do get less vapor with shorter draws. But otherwise for cigs with medium ease of draw, like the 3-4 range, either one should be good.

It's the extremes where one or the other becomes better or worse than the other. An extremely light draw, like the Sedansa Diva really is like sucking air if you mouth draw, but it's smooth and comfortable for direct inhaling. I would recommend a Diva for direct inhalers, but not for mouth puffers.

A Ruyan V8 or a Smoke 51 is a fairly hard draw. Those work much better for mouth puffing than for direct inhaling, so I might recommend them if you mouth puff, but not if you direct inhale.

Me personally, I've become a mouth puffing convert, as I already said in another thread. It gives me more opportunity to "play" with the smoke. I like the feeling on the tongue. And I am tasting the vapor a bit more. Still not a lot, but a bit more anyway. But I'm still trying to get into the habit of holding it a bit longer. My instinct is always to draw it straight down. Maybe I'll even start doing smoke rings. :D

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
I try once in a while with cigs and e-cigs but its next to impossible to get a fix on a taste, but you do get alot more vapor. Just like drinking, how people can open their throats and just let it poor straight down. Lol Now that is definitley an american thing.

It seems to me that is really the issue. It's a little bit of greedy movement, not unlike how most alcoholics drink their liquor.

The whole idea of keeping the smoke in your mouth is to taste and savour it. You won't be able to taste it by direct inhaling I think, and the same would be the case for gulping down liquor and food.

It sort of defeats the purpose, unless it's all about getting a fix. I think most smoke, eat and drink for more than that alone.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
As to your second post, Trog, I don't see any mystery on why some last 2 weeks and some 2 months, use and maintenance. I don't see a need to put a scale on it, and I don't think I would have any clue how to establish the scale among all the possible user habits. Maybe you could take on that project.

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
It seems to me that is really the issue. It's a little bit of greedy movement, not unlike how most alcoholics drink their liquor.

The whole idea of keeping the smoke in your mouth is to taste and savour it. You won't be able to taste it by direct inhaling I think, and the same would be the case for gulping down liquor and food.

It sort of defeats the purpose, unless it's all about getting a fix. I think most smoke, eat and drink for more than that alone.

Yeah, I'd have to say that's a fair analogy. And why I am coming to prefer mouth inhaling.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
leaford u just wont listen will u... i am pretty old dude... i have been around for a long time.. if i aint heard of it.. it aint the real the f-cking way.. direct inhaling just isnt how to smoke..

anyway i am trying to make u the best reviewer there is... he he

so far u are entertaining and people like u.. and i know u are trying.. but your cant be arsed to find out why a seven dollar pipe dosnt work that well ...... me off..

i did take the trouble to make them work... and as a scale 8 user had more vapour than u can shake a stick at coming out of them..

also that mini e cig u liked.. it might work for your review... but it will be pretty useless when that micky mouse battery wears out in a couple weeks when a real user gets at it... at twenty or thirty dollars for a replacement it wont fly..

and so will your 75 dollar pipe when a real user gets hold of it.. its atomizer will go into unsuitable for anything more then a scale 4 user like u very quickly..

do u know this.. perhaps not but to be a good trusted reviewer u bloody well should do..

then we have my main other review gripe.. apart from the this works okay right now or it dosnt factor is the simple fact all these things differ even with the same make and type of device.. no valid judgment can be made on just the one sample of any device..

okay folks love reviews.. but in truth they really aint of much use..

trog

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
So if you haven't heard of it, it's wrong? Well, thank god we have you to set us straight, Trog. :rolleyes:

Your way or the highway is a bloody arrogant viewpoint, buddy. When I polled on it, the split between mouth inhalers and direct inhalers was 2 to 1. So by your reckoning 1/3 of us are wrong. It must be lonely, being the sole judge of all that is right.

And BTW, how exactly was I supposed to "make" that e-cig.com piece of crap work properly? I tried it using a cartridge, I tried dripping, the battery was new and charged, short of taking it apart and reengineering it WTF am I supposed to do? And how is that the task of a reviewer anyway? A reviewer isn't a mr fixit. A food critic doesn't go to the kitchen and make the chef do it right, he evaluates and reports.

Last edited:

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
for the record... Tauki is NOT an "herb" user...altho i have tried but didn't like it, thus there wouldn't be any reason for me to direct inhale because of it.since my first smoke i have "lung sucked" deeply... brand of choice being the "cowboy killer" marlboro reds.personally the only reason to "mouth suck" is fellatio and blowing smoke rings.then again i still remember the times when i was all of 8 yrs old and my first smoking experiment was a gardenhose full of dead leaves. YES... i know that sounds rough..and i still remember it actually being so.. but mayhaps that's why even to this day i cant smoke without fully inhaling... including cigars and pipes.altho..... i do find that with my ecig "mouth inhaling" does give a bit more flavor... it's just not satisfying. there's my two cents and i shant take it back... NYEAH!!! 8=P

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Tried direct inhale...didn't like it. Harsh.

Plus I didn't get to taste the flavor like normal, I myself have never "direct inhaled" an analog and didn't know anyone else who did. I had watched quite a few of leafords videos and wondered why he didn't get much vapor from his e cigs, perhaps it's the way he smokes it.

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
This post is cracking me up. A friend of mine tried hitting my Penstyle and I noticed that he was "Direct Inhaling" it...he was coughing up a lung. He told me it felt like he was smoking crystal ..... Tells you alot about my friend...haha. Yeah, people who smoke(d) ...., usually direct inhale due to the fact that the pipe (usually a cheap glass air freshener tube) has a large diameter so less resistance. We puff and draw on cigs because there is usually more resistance. My 2 cents.

Sean Mc

Cyborgasm

Jan 8, 2009
U.S.
I was a "mouther" for 10 years with analogs and was for the past 4 weeks vaping but today I started direct inhaling and holy crap, if you do it right you can get a TON of vapor. Think about it, you can only fit a small amount of vapor in your mouth but your lungs are huge in comparison.

I've been developing a technique to direct inhale and then toward the end of the drag do the mouth technique and suck that down. Like a combo of the 2. It's making me dizzy lol. Probably won't work well with a fast cutoff but it's great on my 901.

Heh, guess the fact that I have always direct inhaled means that I am a newgen smoker :/
I actually never asked anyone how they smoked in the almost 8 years that I've been smoking analogs. I typically smoke Camel filters and Lucky Strikes or Newport Menthols, the first time I've even thought about using the pull, inhale, and exhale method is on here, hehe. I actually found that that method is the only way to produce a good amount of vapor from my e-cig o_O (ur "oldies method") ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread