add to my knowledge please.. direct inhaling..

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
direct inhaling.. which i think means sucking smoke or vapour straight into the lungs as opposed to taking a mouthful and then inhaling it into the lungs..

now the odd thing... i have smoked for over forty years.. to me there has only ever been the one way of smoking.. take the smoke into the mouth first...

i have never come across anyone who does it the other way... never..

but.. it seems one of our well known and liked reviewers does.. he also seems to have thought direct inhaling was how everybody did it with cigarettes..

having tried this direct inhaling method i find it near impossible.. my lungs just do not have the power to breath thru a very small hole which the direct inhaling method requires with an e cig..

if i do succeed it makes me cough.. all in all i am totally puzzled as to why anybody in their right mind would attempt to smoke this way..

thoughts please.. how many people learned to smoke in what i find a very strange way..

trog

SannerSays

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2009
Arizona
www.wetyourstick.com
Trog, like you, I had never heard of direct inhaling until I became a member of this site. I had no idea anyone in this world smoked anything this way. One of the countless things I have learned at ECF. I have tried it since learning about it and agree....it hurts! I don't cough so much, but the burning that comes from the lungs and throat are enough to stop me from doing it. I am also curious what percentage of us direct inhale. Maybe a poll is in order??

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
I direct inhale with every device except my Dura... too strong and will make me cough immediately. I suspect the screwdriver would have the same results.
I would prefer to smoke/vape in the traditional way, mouth first, but it's just so much more satisfying to direct inhale with my other devices.

If I'm remembering correctly, Leaford is the reviewer that only ever direct inhaled.
(If I'm wrong Leaford, my apologies.) I remember thinking how difficult that would be to learn to smoke that way... and why?
THAT'S dedication! :shock:

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
For years, I preferred direct inhaling analogs. I always smoked lights and ultra lights (for "health reasons" no less lol), but I wanted to feel it.

I will probably rotate between direct and traditional inhaling until I figure out what I like/what feels good.

Wow, you must have powerful lungs... I just tried direct inhaling with a marlboro red and found it difficult to pull (and you know how smooth those are). How is this possible with ultra lights?

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
Hi Trog,

I've just tried it. The process for me is:

(1) Drag.
(2) Remove e-cig from lips and inhale air.
(3) exhale vape.

Is that how you do it?

You won't create a seal around the e-cig/analog, and you'll take in air at the same time as you drag.

It all hits at once.

It would be more of a two-step process.

1) Drag and inhale air simultaneously
2) Exhale

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Hi Trog,

I've just tried it. The process for me is:

(1) Drag.
(2) Remove e-cig from lips and inhale air.
(3) exhale vape.

Is that how you do it?

If you're trying to direct inhale with an ecig, try this :

Instead of closing your mouth completely when you take a drag... open it slightly so that you can pull in outside air while you take a pull.

Or...

Inhale with you nose while you take a drag..

Its much easier that way

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I direct inhale with every device except my Dura... too strong and will make me cough immediately. I suspect the screwdriver would have the same results.
I would prefer to smoke/vape in the traditional way, mouth first, but it's just so much more satisfying to direct inhale with my other devices.

If I'm remembering correctly, Leaford is the reviewer that only ever direct inhaled.
(If I'm wrong Leaford, my apologies.) I remember thinking how difficult that would be to learn to smoke that way... and why?
THAT'S dedication! :shock:

u are correct.. he also seemed surprised that people did it the other way..

this was the first time in my long life i had heard of this method.. but what really surprized was that leaford thought the same.. he thought direct inhaling was the normal way with cigarettes..

i can only think its a modern way based on week cigarettes or those with holes in them.. but to be honest i am puzzled..

to me there is only the one way.. or at least only one sensible way.. he he he

is it a younger generation an american thing.. ???

trog

ps... or is it just an e cig thing... how to make totally useless device seem better.. ???

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX

this was the first time in my long life i had heard of this method.. but what really surprized was that leaford thought the same.. he thought direct inhaling was the normal way with cigarettes..

i can only think its a modern way based on week cigarettes or those with holes in them.. but to be honest i am puzzled..

trog

ps... or is it just an e cig thing... how to make totally useless device seem better.. ???

a lot of times, it's attributed to people that smoked more *ahem* substances of questionable legality before they really smoked a lot of cigarettes.

not all times, but many.

you hit those differently, and you just start doing it with everything, including cigarettes.

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA

trog

It may be a younger generation thing, for some folks...
I never could have learned to smoke this way though.
I started rolling smokes for my old man, for every 3 hundred smokes, he'd give me one. (Mom would have killed him if she ever found out)
Cutty Pipe (harsh) tobacco, unfiltered.
I guess as cigarettes got milder and with the addition of filters, it just became easier to direct inhale. But like you, I never heard of anyone smoking this way before.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i think the learning to smoke with alternative chemicals theory might have hit the nail on the head.. he he

my current method of e smoking... i take a mouthful... partially inhale simple to make more mouth room.. then another mouthful.. i then remove the cig.. throw my head back and inhale the lot very deeply and slowly exhale .. i like to see loads of vapour coming out...

maximum hit.. maximum everything.. the head throwing back bit is ritualistic.... he he

trog

Last edited:

fuzzyvape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
a lot of times, it's attributed to people that smoked more *ahem* substances of questionable legality before they really smoked a lot of cigarettes.

not all times, but many.

you hit those differently, and you just start doing it with everything, including cigarettes.
I direct inhale and when i was younger before cigarettes i used other forms of smoking if you know what i mean i smoked Marlboro reds before vaping direct inhale never thought about it any different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread