I have to complain!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3000

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2012
Michigan
And I'm not saying all shops does this to me, and I might be exaggerating the percentage, if I had to think about it it might be one in 5or6 this happens to me and these vape shops looked more like a hangout spot than a vape shop.. my major complaint is the shop near me where somebody how has vision or physical problems might go to for help and get treated like crap.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Maybe it is just a Nebraska thing, but my favorite shop(s) treat me great, employees and other customers alike. So have the few other shops I happened to stop at. My shop has a wide age range of customers, from the occasional minor being refused service to the 95 year old lady in a wheelchair, all willing to exchange banter with others regardless of their age or appearance.

Sometimes, quick wit can be your friend:
Q: "Are you stupid?"
A: "I came in, didn't I?"

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
@j3000
The US is about the only country in the world that treats its elderly citizens like yesterday's news. It is such a shame because the 'younger' generations don't know how much experience/knowledge/living they are missing out on. The rest of the world revere their elders and gives the respect they deserve because they have lived through so much.

Just something to think about.

Oh, in the early days, I used to visit vape shops(I traveled quite a bit) and found I knew more than most of the employees and the owners did about gear and vaping. It disturbed me that someone would open a shop, hire employees and know next to nothing about what they were doing. At first, I would tell them about ecf but found most of them could care less. So I just shop online now.

I used to go to the vape meets also but haven't been in a few years now. Those too have changed from what they were initially.

Don't give anyone the time of day that treats others with disdain.... it's just bad business.

my 2 pennies.

:)

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I started vaping 5 years ago, and where I live there was only 1 vape shop, now there is over 30, and I use to visit the new stores, but as time has gone on, I very rarely go in any of them, nowadays they are all run by teenage cloud chasers.

I still MTL after 5 years, you walk into a shop here, they are all blowing their huge clouds, mention you MTL, and they look down on you as if you are not a serious vaper, ask them what MTL gear they have, they laugh at you.

There is 1 shop that is run by older guy's and they do still carry MTL tanks, did have a good time talking to them about vaping in general, but on the other side of town, so don't go there often, just easier to order online.

So not just the older generation they look down on, it is the MTL users too.

j3000

ECF Veteran
    Aug 27, 2012
    Michigan
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I only get to go to vape shops once every 3 or 4 months. So I get excited like a kid in a candy or toy store. I get a andrilin rush, that's why I can spend alot of money in these shops. So when I get a bad experience it's like my whole day is going to be crap, and I'm trying my hardest not to swear like a truck driver on here.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    In fact my wife is planning a vacation to Florida, she getting tickets for universal studios, she planning to go to shows and concerts a bunch of crap, I'm looking for vape shops I'm more excited about the shops than the shows she wants to go to..

Welp, they do that here too :(

I've been to 2 shops, both totally ignored me and yet greeted the kids that came in after me.
    I kept my Christmas and birthday money that I was going to spend :)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    Wow, I'm sorry you experienced that. I'm in the older crowd and I have to say the vape shop near me, all of the employees have been great! I came in there with a problem and they helped me out, spent time talking to me and have been super. They even changed out my ejuice when I realized that I purchased the wrong one, on top of that trusted me to bring the other juice back that they changed out for me, I didn't have it with me at the time. Hopefully you can find a shop near you that will treat you right!

I have to add that they really need to think about how they treat the older people, because it was MY mother who introduced me to vaping!

I'm surprised they wanted the other bottle of juice back... they would just have to throw it away anyhow.

IMHO, no reputable shop would ever take a return on juice once it left their shop.

Even unopened ... the proper call would be to let you keep it.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    It would be nice if I went into a vape shop and like every other word out of the staff's like mouth wasn't you know like jargon that like only millennials use when like talking to like each other. Like.

It would also be nice to see a staff member who wasn't covered with ink, wasn't full of metal in holes in places that God didn't mean to have holes, didn't wear stupid hats indoors and used words like "thank you", "yes, sir" and "no ma'am."

As luck would have it, there is only one like that near me and it's the only one I still go to.

Jingles

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    It would be nice if I went into a vape shop and like every other word out of the staff's like mouth wasn't you know like jargon that like only millennials use when like talking to like each other. Like.

It would also be nice to see a staff member who wasn't covered with ink, wasn't full of metal in holes in places that God didn't mean to have holes, didn't wear stupid hats indoors and used words like "thank you", "yes, sir" and "no ma'am."

As luck would have it, there is only one like that near me and it's the only one I still go to.

Sorry, but I couldn't help "liking" your post.

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2018
    Its not about age its about if they think you're going to be a good sale. Same thing would happen to me at Circuit City but in reverse I'd go in there and and they would ignore me for some old geezer that isn't going to buy anything. I'm 25 year older and Circuit City has been out of business for years. Vape shops near me are pretty good on how they treat customers. If I had to guess there is a lot of old people around here that vape. I only vape because I like it better than smoking

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    Over the years I've lost all interest to go into any vape shops, the ones that I have been in I felt out of place cause I was more just looking and not buying anything. I have no questions for them cause I know enough or more than their workers that I've been able to google then solve any issue I've had.
    My last mission was driving all over eternity finding addresses in cites I don't know trying to find battery wraps just to be told...sorry got none. The internet is much easier to shop from eventhough the delivery wait but I've survived this long and will still survive not dealing with vape shops that make me feel like a noob even though chances are I have already been there and done that long before the employees ever have.

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2018
    Over the years I've lost all interest to go into any vape shops, the ones that I have been in I felt out of place cause I was more just looking and not buying anything. I have no questions for them cause I know enough or more than their workers that I've been able to google then solve any issue I've had.
    My last mission was driving all over eternity finding addresses in cites I don't know trying to find battery wraps just to be told...sorry got none. The internet is much easier to shop from eventhough the delivery wait but I've survived this long and will still survive not dealing with vape shops that make me feel like a noob even though chances are I have already been there and done that long before the employees ever have.
    Look for website within your state. Directvapor is some what close to me I think it was delivered the day after it shipped. Broke Dick is another one close to me. Just order lastnight, shipped today, expect it to be here tomorrow. Its about 70mi from me

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    First time I went to the local shop all I had was a Spinner and a mini PT and I lost the drip tip. It was a little intimidating. There was a crowd of about a dozen kids in front of the counter yakking and vaping. I stood at the back wondering what to do. But the kid behind the counter saw me and came round to see what I wanted. He moved the crowd along so I could get to the drip tip display and got a few out for me to take a look at. Very friendly guy and not condescending or anything, so I bought some bottles of juice too. I went back a few times and picked up juice. It was mostly empty after the first time.

I don't think the crowd of kids even noticed I was there.

I do remember checking out the displays. They had a bunch of what looking back were probably fancy mech mods. Lots of copper and brass at outrageous prices. I had no idea about mech versus regulated, or anything else. Lucky I didn't have money in my pocket or I might have wandered out in complete ignorance with some gorgeous shiny suicide machine and a Trustfire battery.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    Have been in a primarily cigarette store (where I used to purchase analogs), the owner knew far less about vaping equipment than myself. While he had a wide selection of e-juices, had no idea if these were made in the US or imported. Also didn't have the Kangertech coils that I now know how to rebuild. Had some eGo devices, but no mods, batteries or chargers. Yet he had a neon light in the window that stated 'Vape Shop' in cursive.

Needless to say, except for that one visit where I purchased only a soda, most all of my vape equipment has been purchased online. Yes, there's retailers screaming bloody murder over Internet sales, yet these businesses also has employees, pays all sorts of taxes, permits, insurance, it's not like we order & the product magically jumps into the package & shipped w/out humans. These businesses also contributes to their local economies. As an added benefit, we breathe cleaner air, because the delivery service truck is running regardless (so that we don't have to) & we're saving wear and tear on our vehicles.

On the other hand, I realize that there's some good vape shops by what I've read here & through others. If one lives in such an area where customers are respected in these, regardless of age, disability or whatever, then it's likely a good place to hang out and 'talk shop' with others. I've learned much of what I know via this forum and YouTube, and lastly, Google has found me the best deals on my vaping needs.

So if one goes to a shop and doesn't feel welcome, do yourself a huge favor and leave, voting with one's wallet is the best way to make change.:)

Finally, we should have respect for our elderly. During most of my working life, my best friends were on average, 15 years older than myself. And learned a lot from them, not vaping at the time, rather life in general. The elderly has one thing that the young doesn't & that's the experience factor, which can't be taught nor purchased, rather learning through the years and often surviving because of that. A young person likely wouldn't make it through what some of our elders has, show some respect towards them, there's no shame in doing so.:thumbs:

Cat

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread