I just got back from my Cardiologist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
I just got back from my Cardiologist. God bless him, he has been very patient with my smoking addiction and has tried every trick in the book to get me to quit. Nothing has worked for any substantial period of time to get me to quit.

He did the usual exam. BP=80 over 120, blood work = right in line, chest exam = lungs clear with no gurgling. He asked me what was going on so I pulled out my VP2 and took a long vape and proceeded to tell him all about the world of Electronic Cigarettes. I told him that I have not had a regular cigarette in three months. He said that he had heard of e-cigarettes but had never seen one. I am sure he had a large degree of skepticism but was genuinely pleased that I quit smoking. I told him that I cut the nicotine level about 2mg every couple of weeks and hoped to be nicotine free in a few months. He told me that if what I had told him was true, vaping was 1000% better for me than cigarettes.

I came prepared and gave him several pages about PG and VG e-liquid and general information on e-cigarettes. I ask if he would do some research and let me know what he found. He said he would because he was now very interested in the subject. He even asked me if I would give a demonstration to his staff! He followed me to the front of the office and as I vaped HE explained what I was doing. Needless to say I was stunned and left his office feeling great.

I do hope that his research will bring a positive conclusion because I don’t know what I will do if he tells me that e-cigarettes are bad and that I should stop. Good or bad I will post what he has to say.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Good job! Fantastic bp reading for a heart patient. No wonder he asked what was going on. Thank you so much for showing and explaining the e-cig to him. That will help us all.

You're doing what EVERY vaper should do -- cut down gradually on the nicotine. Even though nicotine by itself is not harmful to a person who does not already have a condition, it still is a stimulant and is not the best for a person with a heart condition. If you want more to research, go to uTube and do a search for Dr. David Baron. He has a two part video on the health effects of nicotine and propylene glycol in the SmokeStik. He is Chief of Staff, UCLA Medical Center. You can even print out the article on propylene glycol and how it is absolutely not bad for you. While you're there at uTube, you can do a search for Dr. Gary Weinstein. He is a pulmonologist who treats only smokers and also states that nicotine by itself is not bad for the lungs.

Thank you for sharing. Like others, I would like to hear the follow-up on this.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Good to hear SC ! , I basically quit in Oct. last year ( after a severe Heel bone break , 12 pieces OW ) the Doc I tracked down ( best around ) said he would NOT do the surgury if I did not quit smoking .

I found E-cigs and have not looked back.

I also have High blood pressure and it has gotten better lately , I also have lowered my Nic from 36mg to 6mg / ml and 12 mg kicks my azz !!

anyhow nice work !!!

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Update on this? Doc ever call you with good or bad news? These damn things are the only thing that could get me to quit smoking (and i have quit some of the hardest drugs in the world... cold turkey... and i just could not stop smoking)

Sorry about that and thank you for asking. I forgot about this thread. I have had two more appointments since this post. My doc is clear that he would not want me to put anything into my lungs but given my long history with smoking he is happy with the success I have had with the PV. My latest checkup; All blood work well within levels. EKG, right in line. Pulse 68. BP 115/76. Stress Test was great. I am now able to go the entire time limit on the treadmill and that is something I was never able to do when I was smoking.

One year and five months without a cigarette.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
ah crap this is an old thread

That's OK... I'm an ol' person. Besides, I'll probably read it for the 'first time' tomorrow, again...
oldman.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread