I need a good E Cig I want to order one today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings Don't forget to click the 20% off button in the upper left hand corner when you get to the page...you can pick up a Riva 510 kit for $29.99 or a Riva 510 Carto Delux kit for $34.39 that comes with 5xLR 2.0ohm cartos and a carrying case.

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
CigNot is in the U.S. and sells eGo's for a fair price. Right now they have a 1000 mAh kit on sale for $52.

Liberty Flights sells the Riva (eGo clone) for about $30. I've never ordered from them and I think they are in China but they are pretty popular so they must be good.

Not in China, San Diego, Ca...great company...fast shipping!

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
Ok... for the sake of saving a few bucks. I will go Ego and if I can stay on track and vape for long term I might spend the 200 and get the varible job, but thanks for the imput.

Now who should I order from....

I'm going to throw this out here, and I'm not even really going to go into why. If you can afford something at the top of the line, don't be too shy about going for it.

The two basic reasons are these:

1. You'll know right away what vaping can be.
2. If you buy a popular and well-liked high-end mod, you may lose some money when you resell it, but you won't be losing your entire investment.

I'll throw in another point... although I still haven't gotten my Provari or my Darwin, buying either seems like buying the basis of every standard e-cig ever made in one unit (we'll leave bottom-feeding juice boxes out of it for the moment). You may have to buy some adapters to make everything fit, but you can pretty much try anything at any power without having to buy entirely new units to experiment until you earn a degree in e-cigs.

Last edited:

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
I'm going to throw this out here, and I'm not even really going to go into why. If you can afford something at the top of the line, don't be too shy about going for it.

The two basic reasons are these:

1. You'll know right away what vaping can be.
2. If you buy a popular and well-liked high-end mod, you may lose some money when you resell it, but you won't be losing your entire investment.

I'll throw in another point... although I still haven't gotten my Provari or my Darwin, buying either seems like buying the basis of every standard e-cig ever made in one unit (we'll leave bottom-feeding juice boxes out of it for the moment). You may have to buy some adapters to make everything fit, but you can pretty much try anything at any power without having to buy entirely new units to experiment until you earn a degree in e-cigs.

I agree with TNT, You're either going to buy one sooner or later or wish you did at least. It took me spending all this money on stuff I didn't like or just don't use anymore, to realize that I would have saved a bunch buying the high end PV in the first place. Plus, if you absolutely hate the thing...the re-sell value is alot higher. I saw someone sell a Provari in the classifieds for $175 shipped, 3 days ago right here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/closed-sold-threads/182175-provari.html

Last edited:

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
I started out on the joye 510, didnt like the battery life and wasnt getting a lot of vapor. I upgraded to an EGO which i really enjoy, 2 months later. I also bought a 5volt acrylic passthrough from madvapes and now i'm finding as time continues to go on i'm enjoying the warmer vapor more then the cool vapor i get from the EGO...

I dont think you need to spend a lot of money on a device. 200 dollars for something like that is more for the design, you arent paying extra for something a slightly 'uglier'/cheaper device can't give you. The voltage and battery life is all up to the battery not the casing, and the flavor vapor and throat hit are all up to the atty/carto that you use. It coming in a pretty box doesnt make those things work any better, they just make you feel better.

Honestly i think my next device will either be a do it myself bottom feeder juice 5volt, or i'll buy one from Old Goat.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
I started out on the joye 510, didnt like the battery life and wasnt getting a lot of vapor. I upgraded to an EGO which i really enjoy, 2 months later. I also bought a 5volt acrylic passthrough from madvapes and now i'm finding as time continues to go on i'm enjoying the warmer vapor more then the cool vapor i get from the EGO...

I dont think you need to spend a lot of money on a device. 200 dollars for something like that is more for the design, you arent paying extra for something a slightly 'uglier'/cheaper device can't give you. The voltage and battery life is all up to the battery not the casing, and the flavor vapor and throat hit are all up to the atty/carto that you use. It coming in a pretty box doesnt make those things work any better, they just make you feel better.

Honestly i think my next device will either be a do it myself bottom feeder juice 5volt, or i'll buy one from Old Goat.

For the most part you are correct. One exception is the Darwin. All any ecig/mod is is a battery. The Darwin, though utilizes that battery power in a completely different way than any other on the market right now. By the turn of the wheel you are completely in control of adjusting the wattage, and the consistency of the vape is second to none. From a freshly charged battery (charges via usb, so works as a passthrough also, and battery lasts 11/2-2 days of heavy use) the first vape Is exactly like the last before the battery dies.

All ecigs taper off in power until needing to be recharged, any mod using removable batteries suffer the same way. (can't comment as to the provari, from what I've heard, I'd put it right under the Darwin in consistency performance) Many like the look of the provari better, but after holding and using both, and to my surprise, the Darwin was actually mire comfortable.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

AlDynamite

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Illinois/Metro East
Thanks for all the input. I went with the Ego. It was a bit cheaper and i think just what i need.

BTW... Im almost 48 hours in without an Analog.....

That's a good call. The eGo will treat you well. And hey, if you decide that you want something after a while, then get another PV. You'll have the eGo as a back-up/loaner model. I think it's safe to say that almost all of us either have or have tried the eGo.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
For the most part you are correct. One exception is the Darwin. All any ecig/mod is is a battery. The Darwin, though utilizes that battery power in a completely different way than any other on the market right now. By the turn of the wheel you are completely in control of adjusting the wattage, and the consistency of the vape is second to none. From a freshly charged battery (charges via usb, so works as a passthrough also, and battery lasts 11/2-2 days of heavy use) the first vape Is exactly like the last before the battery dies.

All ecigs taper off in power until needing to be recharged, any mod using removable batteries suffer the same way. (can't comment as to the provari, from what I've heard, I'd put it right under the Darwin in consistency performance) Many like the look of the provari better, but after holding and using both, and to my surprise, the Darwin was actually mire comfortable.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Sounds like an interesting mod. But with most mods that sound great, they are out of stock lol.

cmdryker

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis, Mo
www.crystalclearvaping.com

Very well stated shantia: I feel with and ego and lr carto you'll be be more then satisfied with the vaping experience and battery life will be a none issue, unlike it is on smaller 510 originals charging every 1 to 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread