I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have my e-cig. It's a Big Foos. I use the 6mg Mint Tea and Sahara e-juice from V2 to fill my clearomizers. I REALLY enjoy this set-up. I've tried TONS of juices and e-cigs and what I am using is what I like best. But I am having SO much trouble switching! I find myself vaping constantly when I am on the computer, watching TV etc. I guess it's just for something to do. I will vape myself SICK! But then I crave a REAL cigarette! I don't WANT to smoke anymore, but my craving for a real cigarette gets SO strong! I could really use some suggestions and support here. I do like vaping better than smoking and I get wonderful flavor, nice thick vapor and perfect throat hit and it is very satisfying and relaxing to me. So WHY do I still crave regular cigarettes?!?!?! :mad:

islanderamy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
The Palmetto State
So I have my e-cig. It's a Big Foos. I use the 6mg Mint Tea and Sahara e-juice from V2 to fill my clearomizers. I REALLY enjoy this set-up. I've tried TONS of juices and e-cigs and what I am using is what I like best. But I am having SO much trouble switching! I find myself vaping constantly when I am on the computer, watching TV etc. I guess it's just for something to do. I will vape myself SICK! But then I crave a REAL cigarette! I don't WANT to smoke anymore, but my craving for a real cigarette gets SO strong! I could really use some suggestions and support here. I do like vaping better than smoking and I get wonderful flavor, nice thick vapor and perfect throat hit and it is very satisfying and relaxing to me. So WHY do I still crave regular cigarettes?!?!?! :mad:

When I first started vaping last October, I found that I vaped WAY more than I smoked. If you're only vaping 6mg nic juice ... you need to up the level STAT! I smoked ultra light cigarettes and started out at 24mg because I didn't want the cravings and I stepped it down to 12mg REAL QUICK! I've since bumped it back up to 18mg and found that is my "happy place". :D How long have you been vaping? Days? Weeks? Months? From what you posted, you're doing great and on the right track ... you just need a little more nic IMO.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
like island said, you need more nic asap! i never would have made it without vaping at 25mg for the first month. i still vape at 24mg now, thinking about dropping it down soon. also, and i am prepared to get much hate for this, but once you have been smoke-free for almost a month, try taking one hit of a friends analog. it will taste so disgusting and leave you feeling so sick that you will never get a craving for them again! that worked for me, hopefully it works for you as well

artt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
michigan
I would say just give yourself some time and don't keep hitting yourself over the head. For example, lets say you normally smoked a pack of cigarettes a day and than changed to vaping. When you get that "craving' and have one cigarette over the course of the day, you've still avoided the other nineteen smokes. Avoiding nineteen cigarettes is a positive step and eventually that "one" cigarette will become avoidable.

cmccl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Verdi, NV
Hi geckokitty! I just switched from smoking to vaping 1 week ago. I was smoking American Spirit Yellow which is pretty much a full-flavored cig (a little under a pack a day). I had 24 mg juice and was vaping non-stop and STILL really wanted an analog. I ordered some 36 mg tobacco flavored juice which I now use for intense cravings (for example with my morning coffee) and it has definitely helped. Like the others are saying you need to up the level of nic in your juice. Just so you know I still struggle with wanting to smoke but it's way easier than any attempt I have made to quit in the past (cold turkey, patches, lozenges, gum, I tried them all). Get some stronger juice and keep up the great work. You CAN do it!

I've tried higher nic juices and they burn my throat and make me feel REALLY lightheaded after just a couple of toots. 12mg made me cough. Plus I went with the lower one because I tend to vape constantly (just like I smoke.. hahah) and would get pretty sick with the higher nic juices. I have anxiety disorder so I am always vaping, smoking, chewing on a straw, chewing gum, biting my nails and cheeks.. I take medicine and don't have panic attacks, I'm just fidgety.. I guess I just really need some support. I started with e-cigs about 2 years ago, but it has been on and off. I'd get one, and once I had a regular cigarette it was like I completely forgot about my e-cig. However I DID just get the 2 flavors that I really like (Mint Tea and Sahara). I found those when I ordered the V2 sample pack and fell in LOVE with those 2 flavors.

beanpusher

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
South San Diego, CA United States
When I first started vaping last October, I found that I vaped WAY more than I smoked. If you're only vaping 6mg nic juice ... you need to up the level STAT! I smoked ultra light cigarettes and started out at 24mg because I didn't want the cravings and I stepped it down to 12mg REAL QUICK! I've since bumped it back up to 18mg and found that is my "happy place". :D How long have you been vaping? Days? Weeks? Months? From what you posted, you're doing great and on the right track ... you just need a little more nic IMO.

I agree with increasing ur nic level. Maybe get a tobacco flavor. Maybe something bold will satisfy a craving for an analog. They have nice blends with just the right amount of fruit or sweets. I like vapures black berry dry blend in menthol at 12 mg. I know dripping can be inconvenient but when u try it u will get better flavor and nic delivery. The amount ur able to vape before having to redrip is about the same as smoking a single analog. Delawarevapers.com has bridgeless dripping attys for 5 bucks. Most vape shops use drippers to customers sample flavors.

I'm really determined to stop smoking now, because I am starting a new job with the Department of Corrections and I want to be able to breathe! Right now I can't really buy anything because money is so tight, but once I start my new job and get a few good paychecks under my belt I'll definitely be trying other things. Would love to get an Ego-C and Mini Vivi as I have heard those are REALLY nice for beginners.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm really determined to stop smoking now, because I am starting a new job with the Department of Corrections and I want to be able to breathe! Right now I can't really buy anything because money is so tight, but once I start my new job and get a few good paychecks under my belt I'll definitely be trying other things. Would love to get an Ego-C and Mini Vivi as I have heard those are REALLY nice for beginners.

Just relax! It's all good! Don't beat yourself up if you need/have a cig, it's OK! With vaping it's not about how many cigs you have, it's about how many you don't have!
As much as I hate it, I still have to smoke, my pain meds only do so much for me and I still need the "instant gratification" I get from a cig. BUT, I'm around 4 cigs a day vs. the 2-3 packs a day! I'm also still on 36mg juice, but I figure 4 cigs is a LOT better than 60-80! Don't force yourself, you'll get to where you are smoking and grab the PV while it's burning and something in your brain will click and it will all be downhill from there!
Good luck!

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Some points everyone should consider:

- More nicotine is not ALWAYS the answer. Vaping as a whole is an experience, we want the experience to be appealing so that we can switch. More nic means more throat hit, and for some this is undesirable. That said, you can try bumping up a level in nicotine to see if that helps the craving.

- The craving for a "real" cigarette, or analog, comes from the entire smoking experience. You may miss the taste, the temperature, the sensation, or the chemicals.

So i suggest that you crank up the nicotine 1 notch, if that hits too harsh do not push it. Use higher voltage if possible to increase the warmth of your vape. Many chemicals found in analog smoke other than nicotine are addictive as well; chewing a little Snus with moderation can help this.

Best of luck,

-K

Thanks everyone. What can you tell me about lavatubes? I really like the look of them. What kind of carto/atty should I use with it? When I get a few paychecks under my belt I would love to get one. The e-cig I use now isn't variable voltage or anything. People on here told me that with the different res attys and variable voltage I would find a "sweet spot" that was just perfect.

Last edited:

jedimasterluke

Feb 11, 2013
Honolulu
Thanks everyone. What can you tell me about lavatubes? I really like the look of them. What kind of carto/atty should I use with it? When I get a few paychecks under my belt I would love to get one. The e-cig I use now isn't variable voltage or anything. People on here told me that with the different res attys and variable voltage I would find a "sweet spot" that was just perfect.

Hi gecko! What setup are you currently using at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread