The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I need to rant.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by PatVapes, Sep 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PatVapes

PatVapes Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    So I just watched a video that Dash Vapes posted yesterday where they played a commercial or something about the dangers of vaping for teens/kids. They basically portrayed vaping as if it was a hard drug or something.

I understand vaping should not be available for them but, how is this okay? How is it okay to run such a campaign against vaping, but yet actual hard drugs, alcohol and cigarettes are completely okay?

Also, why are they blaming how kids behave on vaping? Perhaps they should promote better parenting. Just saying.

Okay, I’m mad. Sorry.

God.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. icepickmaker84

icepickmaker84 Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2019
    Indiana
    Promote better parenting...it’d never work lol. Parents these days are completely innocent and have zero responsibility for how their children behave, at least that’s the impression I’m given.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PatVapes

PatVapes Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    Might be my Japanese/Peruvian upbringing speaking. I just can’t believe they’re using children and teens this way.

• Like Like x 5
  4. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Here in the good old USA we consider good parenting to be making sure we don't leave them to bake in a hot car on a Summer day while talking on our cell phones.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. VHRB2014

VHRB2014 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    Hitler used children to a great advantage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. GaryInTexas

GaryInTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    NE Texas, USA
    Kids are the only legitimate tool they have left to bash vaping enough to get total government control over it. They will use them like a sledge hammer.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  7. icepickmaker84

Feb 7, 2019
    Indiana
    ... are those people thinking?!

• Like Like x 1
  8. icepickmaker84

Feb 7, 2019
    Indiana
    Do Japanese kids learn a lot of manners and how to interact with people while in elementary school? I thought I’ve heard something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    If "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" can be a popular show then I would say that my fellow citizens gave up thought for emotion long ago.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. PatVapes

PatVapes Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    I was raised solely in Peru but my dad’s family is Japanese. So I had a lot of Japanese influence at home and Peruvian education outside.

Peruvian education isn’t the best. I’d spend all day talking about the things that are so wrong here. But at least back in my days parents would be strict and they would NEVER be okay with their children smoking. I mean, I still did it but the consequences were not pretty.

05B30FA2-4BA6-4675-A832-AAEB2945C310.jpeg
    You have no idea how terrifying this actually is

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. iVapeDIY

iVapeDIY Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2017
    Toronto, Canada

Is this the one?
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. PatVapes

PatVapes Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    This one

13. iVapeDIY

iVapeDIY Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    They are criticizing existing anti-vaping ads (not from DashVapes) regarding underage vaping and nicotine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    @PatVapes Dash Vapes was doing a parody on the terrible anti-vaping adds they've seen. You couldn't tell?

Maybe there's cultural issue at work here?

A parody (/ˈpærədi/); also called a spoof, send-up, take-off, lampoon, play on (something), caricature, or joke, is a work created to imitate, make fun of, or comment on an original work—its subject, author, style, or some other target—by means of satiric or ironic imitation. As the literary theorist Linda Hutcheon puts it, "parody ... is imitation, not always at the expense of the parodied text." Another critic, Simon Dentith, defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice".[1] Parody may be found in art or culture, including literature, music (although "parody" in music has an earlier, somewhat different meaning than for other art forms), animation, gaming, and film. -- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dash Vapes is actually a strong advocate for nicotine harm reduction vaping. I have used a lot of his videos for educational purposes.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. PatVapes

PatVapes Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    Lol I’m not talking about dash vapes. I’m talking about the ad itself. I’m not dumb but thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    I understood what you meant.

But…

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Didn't mean to offend or judge you. ;)

The current anti vaping ads are no different from the anti drugs ads when I was growing up. The kids just thought they were funny, and of course the ads weren't effective.

[​IMG]

I noticed some posters by the restrooms at the school when I went to watch a girls volleyball game.

"SOME OF THE GROSSEST THINGS IN HERE ARE IN THAT VAPE". I don't think that will be any more effective than the "This is Your Brain on Drugs" posters. (The pic must be copyrighted because I can't copy/paste it here.)

https://www.leoweekly.com/2018/11/v-vaping-dont-know-teens-new-habit/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    I remember when First Lady Hillary Clinton first got on Prime Time television and said "... for the children !"
    My immediate response was "Lady, you wanna do something for my children, Get Out of My Back pocket !"

Even as young as my kids were then, they bust out laughing.

But hiding behind children is what our so-called Leaders have become.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Wow, the beginning of that video plays like a horror movie intro. After watching the whole video, that's very well done. Thanks for the link.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Parents are not only NOT censured for lack of parenting, they are now being paid off, for being bad parents.

Do you have ANY IDEA how large the class-action lawsuit is going to be for "kids addicted to Juuls?"

It is going to be ENORMOUS. HUGE. It might be the ONE thing to put the almighty cockroach-y Juul out of business.

When things like that happen I despair, and then I go to work and find at LEAST one family I can desnowflake a bit.

It's kind of like brushing dandruff of a black suit. Unfortunate, but someone has to.

I encourage all of you older folks out there with time on your hands to JOIN organizations that work with children. They need you, they need your perspective, and I am not kidding about this.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.