I need to rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
So I just watched a video that Dash Vapes posted yesterday where they played a commercial or something about the dangers of vaping for teens/kids. They basically portrayed vaping as if it was a hard drug or something.

I understand vaping should not be available for them but, how is this okay? How is it okay to run such a campaign against vaping, but yet actual hard drugs, alcohol and cigarettes are completely okay?

Also, why are they blaming how kids behave on vaping? Perhaps they should promote better parenting. Just saying.

Okay, I’m mad. Sorry.

God.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Promote better parenting...it’d never work lol. Parents these days are completely innocent and have zero responsibility for how their children behave, at least that’s the impression I’m given.

Might be my Japanese/Peruvian upbringing speaking. I just can’t believe they’re using children and teens this way.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Here in the good old USA we consider good parenting to be making sure we don't leave them to bake in a hot car on a Summer day while talking on our cell phones.

So I just watched a video that Dash Vapes posted yesterday where they played a commercial or something about the dangers of vaping for teens/kids. They basically portrayed vaping as if it was a hard drug or something.

I understand vaping should not be available for them but, how is this okay? How is it okay to run such a campaign against vaping, but yet actual hard drugs, alcohol and cigarettes are completely okay?

Also, why are they blaming how kids behave on vaping? Perhaps they should promote better parenting. Just saying.

Okay, I’m mad. Sorry.

God.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Do Japanese kids learn a lot of manners and how to interact with people while in elementary school? I thought I’ve heard something like that.

I was raised solely in Peru but my dad’s family is Japanese. So I had a lot of Japanese influence at home and Peruvian education outside.

Peruvian education isn’t the best. I’d spend all day talking about the things that are so wrong here. But at least back in my days parents would be strict and they would NEVER be okay with their children smoking. I mean, I still did it but the consequences were not pretty.

05B30FA2-4BA6-4675-A832-AAEB2945C310.jpeg

You have no idea how terrifying this actually is

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@PatVapes Dash Vapes was doing a parody on the terrible anti-vaping adds they've seen. You couldn't tell?

Maybe there's cultural issue at work here?

A parody (/ˈpærədi/); also called a spoof, send-up, take-off, lampoon, play on (something), caricature, or joke, is a work created to imitate, make fun of, or comment on an original work—its subject, author, style, or some other target—by means of satiric or ironic imitation. As the literary theorist Linda Hutcheon puts it, "parody ... is imitation, not always at the expense of the parodied text." Another critic, Simon Dentith, defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice".[1] Parody may be found in art or culture, including literature, music (although "parody" in music has an earlier, somewhat different meaning than for other art forms), animation, gaming, and film. -- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dash Vapes is actually a strong advocate for nicotine harm reduction vaping. I have used a lot of his videos for educational purposes.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I understood what you meant.

But…

Perhaps they should promote better parenting. Just saying.

But at least back in my days parents would be strict and they would NEVER be okay with their children smoking. I mean, I still did it but the consequences were not pretty.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Lol I’m not talking about dash vapes. I’m talking about the ad itself. I’m not dumb but thanks
Didn't mean to offend or judge you. ;)

The current anti vaping ads are no different from the anti drugs ads when I was growing up. The kids just thought they were funny, and of course the ads weren't effective.

18-03_Article2-1-952x476.png

I noticed some posters by the restrooms at the school when I went to watch a girls volleyball game.

"SOME OF THE GROSSEST THINGS IN HERE ARE IN THAT VAPE". I don't think that will be any more effective than the "This is Your Brain on Drugs" posters. (The pic must be copyrighted because I can't copy/paste it here.)

https://www.leoweekly.com/2018/11/v-vaping-dont-know-teens-new-habit/

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I remember when First Lady Hillary Clinton first got on Prime Time television and said "... for the children !"
My immediate response was "Lady, you wanna do something for my children, Get Out of My Back pocket !"

Even as young as my kids were then, they bust out laughing.

But hiding behind children is what our so-called Leaders have become.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Parents are not only NOT censured for lack of parenting, they are now being paid off, for being bad parents.

Do you have ANY IDEA how large the class-action lawsuit is going to be for "kids addicted to Juuls?"

It is going to be ENORMOUS. HUGE. It might be the ONE thing to put the almighty cockroach-y Juul out of business.

When things like that happen I despair, and then I go to work and find at LEAST one family I can desnowflake a bit.

It's kind of like brushing dandruff of a black suit. Unfortunate, but someone has to.

I encourage all of you older folks out there with time on your hands to JOIN organizations that work with children. They need you, they need your perspective, and I am not kidding about this.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread