We need nation-wide protests against the flavor ban!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8porism

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
^^^This is the answer.^^^

Flavored tobacco and alcohol will never be touched because none of this about flavors, or even public health at all. Those industries have the money, and therefore the influence to effect the outcome of elections.

Vapers do not. At bottom it's no more complicated than that.

Protesting and presenting irrefutable, unassailable evidence to these politicians is like spitting into the wind. They could not possibly be less interested in what the truth is. The only thing they are interested in is what will get them and keep them in power. Period. If you believe otherwise, you're part of the reason why we're here.

Blaming Donald Trump, or any other single bureaucrat, or even party for this, displays a profound lack of both any understanding whatsoever of how our system of jurisprudence works, AND the history of American politics.

The average American citizen knows far more about what's going on on some insipid television show than they do about any of the vital issues that form the country they live in.

If you anybody doesn't like that, that's tough. That's the reality.

I blame Trump because he’s the guy in charge who announced the national flavor ban. I also blame every single politician who supports local and state-wide bans. It’s that simple. We need to show up in large numbers to protest in order to be heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V8porism

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Trump wasn't elected because he was pro vape,, he wont lose the election because of vape issues. He was elected to shake things up,, which for better or worse he is doing just that. Very likely he will be re-elected.

Ftr- I didn't vote for him, but I am humored by his mastery as a puppet master to everyone reacting to his every move/tweet. In the end Americans are living in a best of times scenerio & griping about it.

Vape hate is to be fought with your checkbook & voicing the truth,, when a person stops smoking in favor of vaping, his health improves,,, his disposable income grows to be free to shop/enjoy other activities.. those expenditures create taxable events for the govt... All politicians react to dropping tax revenues.

My point,, boycott shopping/spending money until the govt figures out our disposable income has value. Everyone always follow the money or lack thereof.

We need a list of politicians who are for the vape ban so that we can vote them out of office- republicans and democrats.

Yes- it can cost Trump the election. Read this...

Trump Allies Think His Vaping Ban Could Cost Him 2020 Election

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
We need a list of politicians who are for the vape ban so that we can vote them out of office- republicans and democrats.

Yes- it can cost Trump the election. Read this...

Trump Allies Think His Vaping Ban Could Cost Him 2020 Election

Nope,,,. Vapers are a minority,, we don't control votes. Would you really elect or not elect based on vaping? That's a sad nation if so.

Our power is our spending habits and spreading the truth... Not an easy way to win. What if the person you vote for decides we cant own vape gear? Then you just threw away your vote.

Anyone telling you that Trump can lose the election based on vaping is using you for click bait data to sell ads.

V8porism

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Nope,,,. Vapers are a minority,, we don't control votes. Would you really elect or not elect based on vaping? That's a sad nation if so.

Our power is our spending habits and spreading the truth... Not an easy way to win. What if the person you vote for decides we cant own vape gear? Then you just threw away your vote.

Anyone telling you that Trump can lose the election based on vaping is using you for click bait data to sell ads.

I’m not here to focus on Trump outside of addressing the fact that he’s calling for a national flavor ban. Politicians set the laws/rules. We need to know where they stand on the issue & we need to flex our 13+ million vapers voting muscles. We need to unite.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I’m not here to focus on Trump outside of addressing the fact that he’s calling for a national flavor ban. Politicians set the laws/rules. We need to know where they stand on the issue & we need to flex our 13+ million vapers voting muscles. We need to unite.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

Im with you 100%, They made it clear that they dont give a squat about the people that has anything to do with vaper products. We care about us because we have experienced the benefits of the miricle. We need to show unity, strength in numbers. Look at India, thats alot of people, that will feel the affects of that decision. Im thinking they will be the ones to hit the streets with serious protest fist! We'll see how it plays out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I don't think protests are a good idea. There is nothing sadder and more damaging to a movement that a planned protest that turns out 6 or 7 people with 1 quickly scrawled sign between them. And that's exactly what would happen based on the protest that were held during the deeming proposal protests in 2016 when it appeared to be end game for vaping.

I was at the LA (SoCal) protest that was called and it was about 30 people. Most blowing phat clouds. It was just embarrassing and sad. It also did more harm that good with all the bad optics of the cloud blowing jackasses. I'm in no way against clouds, but this was not the time or place for it. It was a clown show.

If you could gather 1,000 or more... maybe. But I would seriously doubt you would find enough motivated vapers to have a positive effect. In a way we are all victims of vapers lack of motivation and commitment. But no embarrassing protest please.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I don't think protests are a good idea. There is nothing sadder and more damaging to a movement that a planned protest that turns out 6 or 7 people with 1 quickly scrawled sign between them. And that's exactly what would happen based on the protest that were held during the deeming proposal protests in 2016 when it appeared to be end game for vaping.

I was at the LA (SoCal) protest that was called and it was about 30 people. Most blowing phat clouds. It was just embarrassing and sad. It also did more harm that good with all the bad optics of the cloud blowing jackasses. I'm in no way against clouds, but this was not the time or place for it. It was a clown show.

If you could gather 1,000 or more... maybe. But I would seriously doubt you would find enough motivated vapers to have a positive effect. In a way we are all victims of vapers lack of motivation and commitment. But no embarrassing protest please.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this unfortunately...

An estimated 545,000 adults in Ohio use vape products. The Ohio Vapor Trade Association says about 650 businesses sell vape products in Ohio..
about 200 people came to the rally at the state capital on October 1st to fight a flavor ban... 0.0367% of the estimated vaping population, less than half of vape shops.....

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Nov 20=4 years not smoking, saved over $15k spent $15k in my community, now I refuse to spend $ since its not welcome by the public/media/govt via vape bashing.

We used to spend $60 x 2 a week eating out, ($120). Not anymore,, vape hate cost you more than me.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The other issue is can you even find a politician who's ever going to be pro-vaping? (other than Hunter Duncan).

That way I understand it, the Tobacco Settlement is perpetual. It never ends as long as there is tobacco to sell. The states continue to receive payments forever until tobacco is no longer sold. Money talks and no congressional member will vote to end it because all states get paid from it.

Big tobacco was smart to enter into an agreement that allowed them to continue to sell tobacco products forever. Vaping is a thorn in the side of government as people switch and no longer buy cigarettes. The states lose funds as vaping grows.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Lots of stuff here i agree with and lots I don't.

One thing I gotta say...the people who are talking about how it's the responsibility of parents to parent their teenagers so the teenagers don't do stupid stuff...man....got kids? Really? Anybody who's ever raised kids know that there is only so much you can do and when the folks aren't around those kids are going to explore. I don't care how great your parenting is...it's going to happen. I'm not trying to relieve anybody of responsibility but you have to be realistic...teenagers are going to be teenagers.
    Thank you. I am so sick of people saying the solution is to hold the parents accountable. Do most folks really believe this? Of those people, how many of you ever did anything illegal or bad for you (like smoking) and it being due to your lousy parents/parenting.

The other thing that drives me nuts is saying it is all due to convenience stores selling to underage kids and if we go after them, problem will be solved. No, kids usually get an older person to buy for them and that will continue regardless of age verification etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread