I think I'm done with ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
I had some problems with shoddy equipment and juices. The maintenance and inconsistency of the products I was buying almost made me stop. I know people have had problems with Kanger Evods and Vision Spinner batteries, but using both of those brought me back around. Evods require very very little maintenance and the spinner battery helped with the vapor and flavor production. I bought an iTaste VTR and a Kanger Protank II and love it to death, it was worth the extra $$. I'm sticking to innokin and Kangertech products and this cool local brick and mortar shop for juices from now on. I haven't been let down by them yet.

Last edited:
Hope you haven't gone back to smoking. I suffered through "look a likes" for something like 8 months or so, and even then, kept away from cigs for the most part. I smoked two packs/day of full flavor smokes for 38 YEARS, and I am having no problem not smoking any with a couple cheapo eGO batteries and a couple clone evod tanks. I think finding good e liquid that you really like, and being willing to replace coils about every 7 -10 days (at $1.50 apiece), and a battery every few months or so, will keep you going. It does me, and I was about as hooked on smokes as one could possibly be. I spent nearly $200/mo. supporting my smoke habit - IN NC no less, where smokes are cheap and I smoked the $29 per carton smokes, and I now spend roughly 65 bucks per month, on average, with the ecig liquid and coils, and occasional new battery.

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Hope you haven't gone back to smoking. I suffered through "look a likes" for something like 8 months or so, and even then, kept away from cigs for the most part. I smoked two packs/day of full flavor smokes for 38 YEARS, and I am having no problem not smoking any with a couple cheapo eGO batteries and a couple clone evod tanks. I think finding good e liquid that you really like, and being willing to replace coils about every 7 -10 days (at $1.50 apiece), and a battery every few months or so, will keep you going. It does me, and I was about as hooked on smokes as one could possibly be. I spent nearly $200/mo. supporting my smoke habit - IN NC no less, where smokes are cheap and I smoked the $29 per carton smokes, and I now spend roughly 65 bucks per month, on average, with the ecig liquid and coils, and occasional new battery.

Up here in Minnesota smokes are ridiculously expensive. For the Camel Wides I smoked I paid 7.33 a pack. Vaping is actually much much cheaper. I pay around 13 bucks for a 15ml bottle of liquid and it lasts me about a week. Which is a lot cheaper than smoking, even after I bought my Vision Spinner battery and 3 Evod clearomizers and my iTaste VTR and Protank II.

Last edited:
Up here in Minnesota smokes are ridiculously expensive. For the Camel Wides I smoked I paid 7.33 a pack. Vaping is actually much much cheaper. I pay around 13 bucks for a 15ml bottle of liquid and it lasts me about a week. Which is a lot cheaper than smoking, even after I bought my Vision Spinner battery and 3 Evod clearomizers and my iTaste VTR and Protank II.

I have a friend who now lives in Boston, and he pays 16.89 for two pack of USA Golds. I am putting pressure on him to move to vaping, as he's about 68 and has some heart problems. Yes, vaping, even in states like NC where smokes are dirt cheap, it's still MUCH cheaper. In states like where you are, and other places up north, it's really a no-brainer.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
So here's my thing, I have a smoktech winder 100 ah with an aerotank. I've been vaping for like 2 months. Quit cigs cold turkey and I loved vaping. Ran into quite a few problems, ordering juice I don't like and will never use, vapors tounge, ordering the wrong coils and maybe it's just me but my battery blows. Now I'm dealing with poor vapor production and faulty coils. It's just a headache lol its stressful.

Normal beginners problems, dear :)
It takes some time to find the setup that is right for you.
It also takes some time to find the liquids that you like. There are big differences. At least there are in Europe, where I live.
For example, cherry flavored liquid can taste like 1) cherries (nice), 2) cherry flavored candy (also nice), 3) something right out of a chemicals factory (ewwwww... :blink: )

It is best to ask the advice of experienced vapers, what is a nice setup for beginners, what can they recommend that produces vapor reliably and is hassle-free. - After 2 years of vaping, I currently use an Evod atomizer and a Variable Voltage eGo type battery, for example. Never got into those build-your-own coils thingies, too much hassle for my taste :)

Liquids can be tricky. What one person loves - or tolerates - another person may hate.
There, it is best to ask around. In Europe, I always recommend liquids with Flavor Art flavoring, for example, as these taste like what it says on the bottle. And not like something right out of a chemicals factory :)

Don't give up, please.
You will find your setup, you will find your liquids.
And you will vape happily ever after :)

(sorry I cannot recommend any vendor in the States. I am in Europe. But I did want to add a little encouragement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread