CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
oh go on USE it bestthing! lol
Whats to lose?
Just - go use it now go on :D
FYI - I boiled up water then let it cool off (mixed the salt stuff in first - mine came with pre made packs) and used it as I dont keep distilled water in the house.
Oh and I felt the benefits the day AFTER I used it, not right away though YMMV of course. Reminds me I have to use it later.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Pralines and cream...no flavor to me and I soooo love pralines and cream :cry:

That one has a delicate flavor and it's best first thing in the morning. Once you recognize the taste and complexity it's wonderful!!!

Well guys... I did something really stupid!! :oops: I couldn't find a Neti Pot and was at the Dollar Store so I bought one of those bulbs to suck snot out of a baby's nose. I thought I would just test it out first so I filled it up with warm tap water, bent over the sink and squirted it up my nose! WRONG!!! 8-o The pain in my head felt like my brains were going to burst! :-x It really hurt bad and I had a headache for days after. I woke up in the middle of the night almost in tears from the pain in my head. Geez, don't be as dumb as me... buy a Neti and follow the directions! :oops:

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
Oh no! Yeah ouch...eeks! :(
Are you feeling better now?

That one has a delicate flavor and it's best first thing in the morning. Once you recognize the taste and complexity it's wonderful!!!

Well guys... I did something really stupid!! :oops: I couldn't find a Neti Pot and was at the Dollar Store so I bought one of those bulbs to suck snot out of a baby's nose. I thought I would just test it out first so I filled it up with warm tap water, bent over the sink and squirted it up my nose! WRONG!!! 8-o The pain in my head felt like my brains were going to burst! :-x It really hurt bad and I had a headache for days after. I woke up in the middle of the night almost in tears from the pain in my head. Geez, don't be as dumb as me... buy a Neti and follow the directions! :oops:

Fataliya

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
Hello guys :) You know I get this issue as well from previous posts lol
I did try something I swore I would never touch - the sinus irrigation thing. I did the coward's way - sniffed the salt water off my hand rather than buy a Neti pot.
I googled neti pot and sinus irrigation and found a 'how to/DIY' webpage - thers a few out there. Tells you how much salt, how much water, what temp, and stuff like that.
It felt HORRIBLE.
But it did seem to help.
I havent had the 'no-taste of anything' thing as bad for a few days now.
It didnt work right away though. Took a couple of days, and I got a headache right after I did it.
Its not the juice - its definitely you (that sounds bad..lol) cos it was definitely ME, and its not your mouth, its your NOSE thats affected.
I didn't think it was my nose, because I could smell thing ok, but researching tastebuds its definitely not them, they only taste about 4 things.
Maybe give it a whirl?

As some of you may know from previous posts, I have no sense of smell, therefore I KNOW my sense of taste is off.

I also have bad allergies since moving to Florida (never had an allergy to anything in my life till I moved here), so I bought a Neti Pot. It's a plastic one I got at Walgreens, and comes with like...50 packets of the saline mixture. IIRC it costs less than $10.

I've used the Neti Pot MANY times, and I promise you, it doesn't hurt one bit. I lean over the bathroom sink, tilt my head and let it flow. If I'm severely congested, the water will actually come out of my mouth (freaky, but it doesn't hurt), but otherwise, it comes out the opposite nostril. Sniffing salt water is going to hurt, whereas a Neti Pot won't, because you aren't breathing it in. I breathe through my mouth while using my Neti Pot.

I also have read that it's not unheard of for someone to have a sinus infection for 10 years or more and never know it, so I'm hoping THAT is why I can't smell anything anymore. I'll have to find a good doctor here in Florida and find out.

Anyhow, if anyone is contemplating the Neti Pot, I recommend it. HTH.

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
Hi Fataliya I had heard that about the sinus infections and also that a lot of them (and many ear infections too) might actually be fungal in nature (explaining why even with antibiotics an infection can continue). Some medical researchers also think that chronic fatigue syndrome might be tied into these prolonged undiagnosed infections. I've fought sinusitis as long as I can remember (antibiotics,steroids,etc) myself. I hope you're able to get your snout woes cleared up (pun not intended).

skeetr

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Roseville,ca
Three days ago when I recieved my Tastyfinger from TV it tasted exactly like a rich butterfinger candybar. I mean it was fantastic. Now I am getting just a hint of it. I could be dehydrated I suppose. No sinus problems no current allergies or hayfever or cold. Could it be as simple as needing to drink more water? The weather was warm for a few days, hmmm.

If that is the case my pv will be forcing me to drink adequate water and stay hydrated. Something I generally don't do on my own as I preffer tea, soda or coffee. Now along with quitting smoking that is a two fold health boost to my physical well being. And they want to ban these things??????

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Katattack, do you notice a fuzzy feeling in your mouth with the Bananas Foster? Everyone says it's creamy and I didn't get that from it, do you?

Skeetr, some days I can't taste chocolate very well and other days it's pure heaven. Sometimes it's just for part of the day so I don't waste it when I can't taste it. Last night chocolate flavors were so strong they tasted awful! Weird isn't it???

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
Skeetr could be dehydration...but then again there are some days when I'm practically a water balloon and can't taste things. The sense of taste is weird. We know when we can't here and usually can figure out why but taste and smell are not so easy.

Good Dog...um creamy? No not exactly it was heavyish and rich which imparts a kinda creamy sense but then again I just thought bananas are creamish. I did notice the tip of my tongue felt a bit fuzzy like for the first few puffs.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
One of the flavors in some juice bothers my mouth and I'm trying to pinpoint which one it is. I have a feeling it's Cinnamon. It makes my mouth kind of tingle/feel fuzzy and eventually it burns. I think Bananas Foster has cinnamon in it?? I can't vape Atomic Fireball at all and I love the taste!

I've been buying supplies to do DIY so it will be interesting to be able to taste test many different flavors and combinations. Maybe it's certain flavorings that are messing with our taste buds??

Metstoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Central Florida

Yo! Been there done that... before I ever heard of a neti pot I had read about saline washes from other sources. I had an old, blunt syringe from something (wisdom teeth removal, I think, where I had to rinse the craters?) and I tried the salt water thing. I shot that water up my nose like a squirt gun and damn near blew a gasket! Owie! I learned the hard way to GENTLY fill each sinus and plug my nostrils for a minute or two before expelling it.

And I was soooo glad I did! It provides so much relief, especially towards the end of a cold when you are still congested but also dried out from the decongestants. Now that I have a neti pot, it's a much neater, quicker operation. I just use popcorn salt (fine grained) and a pinch of baking soda. Great stuff!

Also, it really does help to cleanse my palate for vaping. :D

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
GD I know what you mean about the irritating and it might be cinnamon for you. I know that's not it for me thought since AC doesn't bother me at all and the BF bothered me far less with the addition of AC.

I wonder if a tongue scraper would help? I've always wanted to try one... Hmmm...

I know when I started brushing my tongue it helped a lot. I think it basically does the same thing as scraping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread