Where Can I Get A......? I think my tastebuds are comatose

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I wonder if a tongue scraper would help? I've always wanted to try one... Hmmm...
I've used one for years, and they are great for removing plaque but you have to be a bit circumspect - Ive been way too enthusiastic with mine at times, and got a sore tongue. Ended up having to drink/eat something that put a coating on it just to avoid everything making my tongue feel abused. So..use one, but be careful lol

Metstoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Central Florida
I've used one for years, and they are great for removing plaque but you have to be a bit circumspect - Ive been way too enthusiastic with mine at times, and got a sore tongue. Ended up having to drink/eat something that put a coating on it just to avoid everything making my tongue feel abused. So..use one, but be careful lol

:D I'll keep that in mind... thanks!

mmkeebler

Feb 27, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Tongue scrapers are awesome things for *tries to put this delicately* fuzzy tongues. There. I said it. It's true. Some of the people in this world have fuzzy tongues.

As far as the Frosty goes, I love this idea. And I can actually tell you why it works. Frosties are little scrubbers sort of. The lil ice crystals in it that you eat? Like a lil abrasive. ;o) Down side, your tongue goes numb eventually (well, does for me... who the heck orders a small? hehe!) then you can't taste ANYTHING. LOL

If you guys (and gals!!!) are having any trouble with the neti pot, there are several vids on youtube of complete strangers (so laugh all you want at them) using it and demonstrating it. It's pretty easy though tbh. I use the little packets included with the kit and just buy more packets.

I did recently learn that popular belief is that PG leaves your mouth/throat a bit more dry than VG. Not sure how true this is or the reasoning for it yet. But, maybe some VG might be in order to keep the tastebuds moist? Drymouth/cottonmouth isn't something I think would help the taste issue.

Something to look into definitely. Going to try to cut in some high percentage of VG and see if I still wake up in the morning with a dry throat.

One flavor I cannot seem to taste at all... Toasted Almond (Capella's). This makes me extremely sad. I can eat almonds and taste the flavor. I can eat toast and taste the flavor... I can drink a Toasted Almond and taste the flavor (twice sometimes if I drink too much)... I want to taste this juice so badly. ... annnd it's just not happening no matter how much extra flavor I add to the mix. :0(

Too many more threads to try and read up on tonight. TTFN!

<3
P.S.... no way am I giving up my coffee either.

Last edited:

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
Neti pots are easy to use after you get the hang of it and I highly recommend them for anyone in FL who has sinus issues. My sisters are so bad she couldn't taste the nasty priming fluid on her new atty. It about made me gag, and she just looked at me and said "what taste?" lol.

And I agree, vanilla frostys are a good cleanser :D Of course brushing your tongue and using a *very* soft brush across the roof of your mouth can help too. Seems that may be a very ignored place, because most people look at me funny when I mention brushing that part :?:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Neti pots are easy to use after you get the hang of it and I highly recommend them for anyone in FL who has sinus issues. My sisters are so bad she couldn't taste the nasty priming fluid on her new atty. It about made me gag, and she just looked at me and said "what taste?" lol.

And I agree, vanilla frostys are a good cleanser :D Of course brushing your tongue and using a *very* soft brush across the roof of your mouth can help too. Seems that may be a very ignored place, because most people look at me funny when I mention brushing that part :?:
*looks at you funny*

:D

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Well Ive been using it a couple time a week now and I have to say my sense of taste (aka really smell) had improved so something must be working.
The whole 'using it' thing is still weird but a lot easier now I've done it more than once but yeah - still an odd thing to do to one's nose lol. It seems to be having an effect though so I guess I'll stick with it :)

geekgirl

Mar 12, 2010
Central Cali
I've only been vaping for a couple days, but.... you know when you have like one tastebud that hurts?? like a burned tongue or something and when you look at your tongue you can see it... I've had that since I started vaping. I think that it may be because while trying to figure out how to fill my blank carts I got juice in my mouth. BLEH....

hope it goes away...

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
It will go away - try not aiming your PV at it while you vape - I had a ..sore thing..(idk what it was it just hurt and was raw) on the roof of my mouth for the first day or 2 then it went away and never returned. I did try not aiming my mouthpiece near it though, just in case. I also used some oragel on it to try and speed up healing. It might have been juice in mouth (I do that a lot even now lol) but since it never came back, and I can't say Ive never had juice in mouth ever again Im not convinced it was the cause. I kind of felt that not smoking cigs was the cause but it went away so I didn't really look into it further :)

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I've been able to get my tastes buds working again in about an hour or so after they turn off. I think I mentioned that a friend sent me some Halo Menthol Ice and it soothed the sore mouth problems I was having. Well, I have also found that if I vape this when my taste buds start acting up it "resets" them. Weird, huh? I love all the dessert flavors and Menthol isn't really something I enjoy that much, but it sure soothes my mouth and gets me tasting again.

bestthingever

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I finally worked up the 'courage' to use my Neti pot, and I've been using it twice a day for several days now ! So proud of myself for not being a big baby...it is a little strange feeling, but there's no pain or anything. And the clean feeling in the back of your throat afterwards is pretty nice. Add to that that my sinus infection seems to be going away a little faster than usual, all without antibiotics this time. I really feel like this is something I might want to do long-term, especially with vaping since it really makes your nose and throat feel super-hydrated, at least temporarily. Yay me !

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I finally worked up the 'courage' to use my Neti pot, and I've been using it twice a day for several days now ! So proud of myself for not being a big baby...it is a little strange feeling, but there's no pain or anything. And the clean feeling in the back of your throat afterwards is pretty nice. Add to that that my sinus infection seems to be going away a little faster than usual, all without antibiotics this time. I really feel like this is something I might want to do long-term, especially with vaping since it really makes your nose and throat feel super-hydrated, at least temporarily. Yay me !

Darn it there's no 'clapping' smiley!
But imagine me clapping - YAY YOU!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread