I what pre-built kanthal me first mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Totally agree. Some of us have fingers that dont always cooperate so we pick options best suited to our needs. Isn't that another big plus for ecigs--having so many ways to do things? Me thinks so.
:)
I know what you mean. I can do everything by hand but I use tools to make it as easy as possible. I need to use magnifying glasses over my reading glasses to see the small little screws. I build over a cookie sheet because I drop stuff a couple times before I get it right. Have ya ever tried to find a grub screw on the carpet? LOL!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
oh no... and my corpse their chessboard!
me me me _ give me the attention_

i thought i was the only one that doesn't read the question all the way before i answer:

1. must be 3mm+ ID for the atty

3. don't want to wrap my own now

7. i know that FT is less quality, asking what's better among what they offer OR

2. where else i can get them that ship internationally

28. want kanthal

105. maybe SS in addition

34. i have ordered ni80

-51. i know i should start simple this is me starting simple i am starting simple

i love this. haven't laughed out loud in a couple of weeks
:lol: too much....

I buy my wire from Zivipf (Germany) they are a top shelf retailer with quick and inexpensive shipping.
If you hit the drop down on the different premade coils, you will find KA1 (Kanthal) in the list.
Prebuilt Coils

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Try some of those simple round wire coils and also some of the fused claptons, but someone convinced me to try this for a simple effective coil:
Nichrome 80 Rectangle Resistance Wire - 0.9*0.3mm
It's a semi-flat wire, easy to work with works great! You make your own slightly spaced coils (it's very easy) Here's where to get it:
http://www.kbeevapor.com/

• Useful
Reactions: virm

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Not at all. If you look in the descriptions on Fasttech it will say the ID on all the coils.

if you mean in the specifications where it says ID, then rarely.
do you mean in the title? because i asked abt this in the previous page, if one of the numbers in the titles is the ID rather than just the dia. of the wires in the build.

:lol: too much....

I buy my wire from Zivipf (Germany) they are a top shelf retailer with quick and inexpensive shipping.
If you hit the drop down on the different premade coils, you will find KA1 (Kanthal) in the list.
Prebuilt Coils

Danke. Ich probiere es gleich, und werde euch updat-en.

Try some of those simple round wire coils and also some of the fused claptons, but someone convinced me to try this for a simple effective coil:
Nichrome 80 Rectangle Resistance Wire - 0.9*0.3mm
It's a semi-flat wire, easy to work with works great! You make your own slightly spaced coils (it's very easy) Here's where to get it:
http://www.kbeevapor.com/

thanks. you mean the vapefly one?
the others from XFKM i would if i knew what the internal diameter is... doesn't say on pic, in specif.s and if it says it in the title i'm not sure which number is the ID and which the wire dia.

Imho you're always better off making them yourself, better than buying off FT.

An even simpler method of using an rda: get a profile mesh no coil building just put it in stuff with cotton and vape on. Though fair bit of warning, apparently mesh consummes alot more juice than a normal coil.

thanks for the addition. i might give making my own a try in a while.

my first rta is on the way. i'd rather use it a bit before thinking about a mesh rta.

i'm not really interested in rda's.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.6ohm / 100pcs/pack

This is a typical title at fasttech. This is the 2nd line after clicking on an item in premade coils.
It states AWG which is the gauge (or width of wire)/0.4mm is the inner diameter of the coil/0.6ohm is the resistance. Just read

• Useful
Reactions: virm

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
BTW, I had the same frustration not knowing what the ID of the coils are. Dimensions list Depth and Width but not sure what that means. One might be the "outside" diameter of coils so subtract about 1mm for inside (0.5 mm x 2) but which one is it?
The ID of the coils is usually listed in the product description somewhere. Sometime it's like deciphering a word puzzle. Being translated from chinese to english isn't always direct.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
if you mean in the specifications where it says ID, then rarely.
do you mean in the title? because i asked abt this in the previous page, if one of the numbers in the titles is the ID rather than just the dia. of the wires in the build.

Danke. Ich probiere es gleich, und werde euch updat-en.

thanks. you mean the vapefly one?
the others from XFKM i would if i knew what the internal diameter is... doesn't say on pic, in specif.s and if it says it in the title i'm not sure which number is the ID and which the wire dia.

thanks for the addition. i might give making my own a try in a while.

my first rta is on the way. i'd rather use it a bit before thinking about a mesh rta.

i'm not really interested in rda's.

Your rta that is on the way may come with coils- many do. Try them, if so. Often I find that the package won’t give a lot of info on the coils, but I bet you could ask here and someone would be able to tell you.

I’m not sure, since you’ve never tried them, why you’re fixated on 3mm ID, although it is a fairly safe size - I can use that in almost any atty I have just fine. But it seems a really common size, I wonder if it’s so common, they just don’t bother to mention it on the coil listings.

Here’s another thought... if coils don’t work well, nobody would buy them so nobody would sell them. If I were you, I’d focus on what metal and resistance you’d like to try and buy coils with those specs. At any rate, we all had to start somewhere and try a few things to find what suited us. Probably very few fell into their favorite coil on the first attempt and yet we all survived.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
@vaper1960 thanks. that is actually new info about the spaced vs contacts

i think these fancy German boys from @TrollDragon will do and even @Don29palms wouldn't kick them out of bed (not for 1Euro+ per coil for most). Just need confirmation from someone who's tried Serpent Elevate, if 3.5mm ID is fine_ that's all they have.

I;m eyeing these with familiar names. Objections to any based on build or gauge welcome

Alien V2 3x (26awg) KAN A1 + (28awg) SS 316L
Clapton Ø 0.50mm (24awg) SS316L + Ø 0.20mm (32awg) SS316L
Fused Clapton 2 x Ø 0.40mm (26awg) KAN A1 + Ø 0.10mm (38awg) KAN A1
Quad Twisted 4 x Ø 0.32mm (28awg) KAN A1

the last is the cheapest.

IT'S ALL HAPPENING!

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Don pls do not start. You have you opinion and i have mine but you dont see me commenting on how wrong i may think it is. Each of us have our own likes and dislikes so a little respect is all that is needed. If what i say does not fit in your way of doing things i really don't need to know it. Plus it just fills the thread with useless bs.
Please accept my apology. Sorry.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.6ohm / 100pcs/pack

This is a typical title at fasttech. This is the 2nd line after clicking on an item in premade coils.
It states AWG which is the gauge (or width of wire)/0.4mm is the inner diameter of the coil/0.6ohm is the resistance. Just read

hey! i have read... for a while i figured that, but then was uncertain and asked if this is the wire dia. or the coil_ it's not like i know how many wire are in there!

The ID of the coils is usually listed in the product description somewhere. Sometime it's like deciphering a word puzzle. Being translated from chinese to english isn't always direct.

funnily enough, deciphering script is kind of half of my M.A. degree

Your rta that is on the way may come with coils- many do. Try them, if so. Often I find that the package won’t give a lot of info on the coils, but I bet you could ask here and someone would be able to tell you.

I’m not sure, since you’ve never tried them, why you’re fixated on 3mm ID, although it is a fairly safe size - I can use that in almost any atty I have just fine. But it seems a really common size, I wonder if it’s so common, they just don’t bother to mention it on the coil listings.

Here’s another thought... if coils don’t work well, nobody would buy them so nobody would sell them. If I were you, I’d focus on what metal and resistance you’d like to try and buy coils with those specs. At any rate, we all had to start somewhere and try a few things to find what suited us. Probably very few fell into their favorite coil on the first attempt and yet we all survived.

reviews and users agree smaller coils don't work so well in Elevate. no preference of my own.

there's more than just the tank-pack coils on the way, i ordered straight from wotofo and there's a pack of ni80 in the bundle. i've ordered the coilology ni80 set as well, because i might as well have gotten more things while i ordered a tool-kit from cigabuy_ unlike FT they charge per shipment. But because i've never tried Ni80 and i know from stocks i'm fine with KA, thought i'd order it too, esp. since i'm ordering glass and brushed from FT anyway.

p.s. welcome to the party @DeloresRose

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
hey! i have read... for a while i figured that, but then was uncertain and asked if this is the wire dia. or the coil_ it's not like i know how many wire are in there!

funnily enough, deciphering script is kind of half of my M.A. degree

reviews and users agree smaller coils don't work so well in Elevate. no preference of my own.

there's more than just the tank-pack coils on the way, i ordered straight from wotofo and there's a pack of ni80 in the bundle. i've ordered the coilology ni80 set as well, because i might as well have gotten more things while i ordered a tool-kit from cigabuy_ unlike FT they charge per shipment. But because i've never tried Ni80 and i know from stocks i'm fine with KA, thought i'd order it too, esp. since i'm ordering glass and brushed from FT anyway.

p.s. welcome to the party @DeloresRose

Ft also shows pics of the product. You can see its single coil or not...they will list how many wires used. Your own example of trolls suggestion list the number of wires used and what guage and ohm.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Fyi. I use the elevate a lot with a titianiam coil 24 awg .04 diam. .23ohm and it works just fine.

why FYI? that's exactly what i wanted to know_ if 4mm is fine them definitely 3.5, because i knw 3works.

Ft also shows pics of the product. You can see its single coil or not...they will list how many wires used. Your own example of trolls suggestion list the number of wires used and what guage and ohm.

troll's site has the specs clear, as do some on FT but not this for example:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10015931/5925600

on others, though i've read them, i wasn't sure which/if any of the numbers on title were ID_ you've answered that too. so thanks again

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Please accept my apology. Sorry.
Thanks for that. I am so happy we could work that out and even agree on most things. I have to admit i held my breath cause i didnt know what your reaction would be. Thanks for being a gentleman and a scholar.
:)

• Love
Reactions: Don29palms

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
why FYI? that's exactly what i wanted to know_ if 4mm is fine them definitely 3.5, because i knw 3works.

troll's site has the specs clear, as do some on FT but not this for example:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10015931/5925600

on others, though i've read them, i wasn't sure which/if any of the numbers on title were ID_ you've answered that too. so thanks again
You're right on that one. Very little info is listed. Stay away from that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread