I what pre-built kanthal me first mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Saying you get quality coils from MKWS is the same as saying you get quality mods and attys from smok.
After a lot of disappointment with MKWS I gave them another shot.
The N80 26*2/40 & 26*3/40 wire spools from MKWS are actually very good.
The wraps are tight, they glow evenly, performance is great and even more important, the overall consistency is very good.
Both wires have become my standard for dual or single coil atties respectively.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
After a lot of disappointment with MKWS I gave them another shot.
The N80 26*2/40 & 26*3/40 wire spools from MKWS are actually very good.
The wraps are tight, they glow evenly, performance is great and even more important, the overall consistency is very good.
Both wires have become my standard for dual or single coil atties respectively.
I was looking for premade coils for titanium wire and came across some on FT which are the MKWS so I gave them a shot getting both the 24 and 26 gauge. Both have performed excellent for me and are the ones I use more than any other which is why I recommended the op to have a look at their other types of coils. I do occasionally use SS-316L from iwodevape and most of the coils are spot on but have had issues with just a couple of them.
I use the N80 wire in Kanger mini sub ohm tanks and found where some vendors actually sold the same coils (RBA)that come with the kits so I bought loads of them. But this was when they were super popular so those coils are long gone on vendor sites(at least the ones I visit.)

:)

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
that's what i figured, but got slapped with 'just read'_ so figured i'm a rookie, screw the epigraphy training_ maybe the '0.' was just_ i don't short hand or vapour/manufacturer lingo or simple keyboard equivalent of the diameter symbol, the phi thingy

I picked up some coils once from FT. Someone said UD Kanthal means that they are made with wire from the US. They cost around twice as much as non-UD wire and they seem to out of stock most of the time. No idea if they are actually better metal. I have a hard time trusting Chinese metal.

The ones I got turned out to be something like 2.8mm ID. That wasn't mentioned anywhere on the product page, I got it from a review or discussion. The legs pointed in the same direction and I needed them to point the other way. The odd ID made it hard to wind the extra half wrap.

• Informative
Reactions: virm

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
28ga is generally only going to be used at lower wattages <30watts in a single wire coil, due to its thinness. Whether it is used MTL, or (restricted)DL is purely up to the tank used, and how the vaper inhales.

26ga is smack bang into the middle - it can be used at 20 watts or 60 watts. And the actual resistance doesn't make any difference.

A 0.9ohm kanthal 26ga coil, with a 3mm id, and 6 wraps will work just fine in a MTL tank at 20 watts or a DL tank at 50 watts. Switch to ss316l with the same coil and your resistance becomes 0.4ohms. It can still be used MTL or DL

Kanthal just has a high resistance, ni80 is lower, and ss316l is even lower. Plus you can use ss316l in TC ;)

we need new rating tags_ at least a special set you can only use once in real while_ like super-useful-rainbow-heart-informative!
thnkananksyou

Kanthal has a kind of grainy metallic flavour to me. Much prefer Ni80

we'll see hammie_ we'll shall see

I picked up some coils once from FT. Someone said UD Kanthal means that they are made with wire from the US. They cost around twice as much as non-UD wire and they seem to out of stock most of the time. No idea if they are actually better metal. I have a hard time trusting Chinese metal.

The ones I got turned out to be something like 2.8mm ID. That wasn't mentioned anywhere on the product page, I got it from a review or discussion. The legs pointed in the same direction and I needed them to point the other way. The odd ID made it hard to wind the extra half wrap.

noticed those, they do have the 'authentic' tag as if they're more of a thing and are more expensive indeed. funny how it is with some things_ if it's a bit more expensive you feel better abt it

either uncertainty abt ID or same review/discussion (wanted +3mm) made me pass them and move on and i forgot to go back and include them amongst the support tickets concerning IDs i've vollied at FT_

they had a pretty quick response time_ even when they don't know they reply saying they've contacted manufacturer_ and they actually update you with the info if the manufacturer responds_ only one ticket still pending

• Love
Reactions: AngeNZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread